• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Uk folks, just curious, how much do you pay for Sky (per year/month?). Seems like The Netherlands are going to get Sky too since Murdoch decided to buy the rights. Don't know if I'm with that.

Manager

Chelsea
4-2-3-1
Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Lampard, Mikel, Ramires, Mata, Hazard, Torres.

City
3-4-1-2
Pantilimon; Zabaleta, Kompany, Savic; Milner, De Jong, Yaya Toure, Clichy; Nasri ; Aguero, Tevez.

City - Pantilimon - Zabaleta Kompany Savic - Milner De Jong YToure Clichy - Nasri - Aguero Tevez

Chelsea - Cech Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole Lampard Mikel Ramires Mata Hazard Torres

Kolarov, not Clichy. From official Twitter:
COMMUNITY SHIELD: City starting lineup Pantilimon, Savic, Kolarov, Kompany, Zabaleta, Milner, Yaya Toure, De Jong, Nasri, Tevez, Aguero

If they are playing 3-4-1-2, Milner will play wing back. It will be very easy to revert to a 4-4-2 later on, with
Zab-Man - Savic - Kompany - Kolarov
Milner - Yaya - De Jong - Nasri
Tevez - Aguero

Mancini usually change formation very fast in matches.

Also, let's see how Savic handle Mata, Torres and Hazard.

D_prOdigy

Buying Rodwell may actually be a very expensive but savvy way of scuppering a Baines to United move. Everton have made their money now - surely less pressure to break under a Baines bid.

The only way I can rationalise it.

This match is going to be a blood bath if We're playing 4-3-3.

I hope RDM has more sense than that. Seen 4-3-2-1 touted (the old Christmas tree formation) would make more sense as Ramires can still bomb forward from midfield, hes usually very tame if hes on the right and Hazard was crap against Brighton on the left, its just not a formation that will work this season for us.

Arnie

When we signed those City scouts, did we send Comolli the other way?

fuck me £18 million for Rodwell

If Mancini thought coaching Savic was a challenge, wait until he gets the self perpetuating master of potential onto the training pitch. I've got many Everton friends, all of which are chuffed to bits with this, Rodwell was perhaps worth a hefty price tag a few years ago when his potential was coming to the boil, but he's done barely anything and progressed little in a couple of years.

Praying for Savic to have a good game; I look at that formation and I think Agger would be a beast on the left of that central three. I don't like it, not one bit. Hope City are off the trail and they're looking at targets who actually see their club as a positive destination.

Manager

Buying Rodwell may actually be a very expensive but savvy way of scuppering a Baines to United move. Everton have made their money now - surely less pressure to break under a Baines bid.

The only way I can rationalise it.

City is in urgent need of a backup CB and also a backup CM to cover for Yaya. Mancini always talks of how important it is that his players are versatile he sign a player, like Milner. Rodwell is capable to fill both spaces that City need.

If that's worth £15m though, I'm not sure... but at least he has PL experience. Hopefully his injury prone:ness is out of his way, otherwise he'll just be a replacement for Hargreaves.

Salazar

It's not exactly safe to 100% assume that Rodwell's medical will be plain sailing, is it ?

Sandwich I had for lunch had more cartilage than he probably has left.

Nevasleep

Uk folks, just curious, how much do you pay for Sky (per year/month?). Seems like The Netherlands are going to get Sky too since Murdoch decided to buy the rights. Don't know if I'm with that.
About £20 extra, for Sky Sports and Movies pack I think. Might be cheaper for you, as you aren't the home market.
Plus I hate how the rights are split up in the UK, it's on Sky Sports and ESPN :(

It costs us £42.50 to have the Sky Sports package. That isn't including channels like EPSN, or a HD signal - which vary between £6-10. We pay a bit more for multiroom (a box for each room); around £67 in total.

Talking about Sky, I ordered their Fibre Optic broadband yesterday. 40MB download / 10MB upload. Costs £20 and when you consider that they dont do any speed throttling, its a great deal. It means my streams will be crystal clear high quality!

Clegg

Last season Rodwell put in brilliant performances against City and Liverpool. I started thinking that he could be a genuinely great player if he kept playing like that.

But he was mostly average after that and was injured a bit too. Would rather have Fellaini tbh.

sohois

An an England fan, part of me hopes Rodwell takes this opportunity in a top team to really push on, live up to his potential and become a leading player for one of England's top teams (Rodwell being the only promising young defensive midfielder England seem to have atm).

The rest of me however, can only see this being a complete disaster that completely kills off Rodwell's aspirations to be a top level footballer, a la SWP, Adam Johnson or other England youngsters who wasted away on the bench.

GorillaJu

When we signed those City scouts, did we send Comolli the other way?

fuck me £18 million for Rodwell

If Mancini thought coaching Savic was a challenge, wait until he gets the self perpetuating master of potential onto the training pitch. I've got many Everton friends, all of which are chuffed to bits with this, Rodwell was perhaps worth a hefty price tag a few years ago when his potential was coming to the boil, but he's done barely anything and progressed little in a couple of years.

Praying for Savic to have a good game; I look at that formation and I think Agger would be a beast on the left of that central three. I don't like it, not one bit. Hope City are off the trail and they're looking at targets who actually see their club as a positive destination.

Agger would be in the position that Rodwell or De Rossi would play. I think the Agger saga is over.

Also two of the City scouts decided to stay in Manchester. We took the head honcho but the minions didn't follow.

As I expected, Mancini is going with Kolarov over Clichy. City's defense will be really hard to predict this season.

Linius

It costs us £42.50 to have the Sky Sports package. That isn't including channels like EPSN, or a HD signal - which vary between £6-10. We pay a bit more for multiroom (a box for each room); around £67 in total.

67 pounds is monthly? Because that sounds like an awful lot. At the moment I pay my TV provider 15 euro's per month extra to receive four channel plus the four same channels in HD.

Word has it Murdoch is going to go with Skysports with a new box, so I hope it won't that as expensive as you guys say :S

EDIT

Oh wait, the numbers you're telling me include internet, telephone and stuff too?

Arnie

Last season Rodwell put in brilliant performances against City and Liverpool. I started thinking that he could be a genuinely great player if he kept playing like that.

Do you mean the Anfield game? He was alright, but certainly not brilliant. Gerrard's performance that game was brilliant, Rodwell just functioned moderately in a team that got banged possession wise.

Agger would be in the position that Rodwell or De Rossi would play. I think the Agger saga is over.

I hope so, I really do.

Hixx

67 pounds is monthly? Because that sounds like an awful lot. At the moment I pay my TV provider 15 euro's per month extra to receive four channel plus the four same channels in HD.

Word has it Murdoch is going to go with Skysports with a new box, so I hope it won't that as expensive as you guys say :S

EDIT

Oh wait, the numbers you're telling me include internet, telephone and stuff too?

If you just want Sky + the Sports it's about £40. Sky Sports package is £20ish, but the price is going up soon iirc.

Is that how much it is now? FUCK.

Well the actual sports package is £21, but that is only an add-on; you need to first select their default entertainment package which in itself costs £21.50. So you'll need to pay at least £41 a month to watch the football. I just pay extra for the documentary and news channels

EDIT

Entertainment Bundle - £26.50
Sky Sports - £21
Multiroom subscription - £20.50

The internet and telephone line is a separate £32.50 a month

kharma45

EDIT

I priced it up there now on Sky's website and to get Sky Sports with HD is £40.25 a month.

i16VFSk0TQv74.gif

Linius

If you just want Sky + the Sports it's about £40. Sky Sports package is £20ish, but the price is going up soon iirc.

Hmm, still a bit more than the money I'm paying now, but that's more like it :p

I don't think Sky will come here with the complete package, guess it's all about the sports. The market for internet, tv etc. is very clouded already.

I priced it up there now on Sky's website and to get Sky Sports with HD is £40.25 a month.

Nope. It would be at least £51 if you include HD. Actually in our case, we pay a little less; we have a 20% discount offer (we pay £54 a month for our above package). The trick is, once you've completed your contract period, ask for a reduction because you cannot afford to continue paying the bill. We managed to get that discount without having to sign another 12 month contract.

If I could, I would only pay for the Sports because I'm not that bothered about losing the other channels. But sadly they dont offer that separately

Arnie

In fairness, I say the Everton fans I know aren't bothered, my cousin just posted 'FUCK' on Facebook, and his dad responded with, 'As a father I don't approve of this inappropriate capitalisation'. I laughed.

Wes

venison crêpe
A lot of people complaining about having to watch ITV for the first time in two weeks and already hating seeing the return of adverts.

kharma45

Nope. It would be at least £51 if you include HD. Actually in our case, we pay a little less; we have a 20% discount offer (we pay £54 a month for our above package). The trick is, once you've completed your contract period, ask for a reduction because you cannot afford to continue paying the bill. We managed to get that discount without having to sign another 12 month contract.

Shite missed you got £10 off your first month, aye £50.25 a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom