• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Predictions for todays CS game? I wonder when the lineups are announced

City win 3-0 without Dzeko and realize they don't need him. Marotta then convinces them to loan him (with option to buy) to Juve, sells Matri and Quagliarella to Fiorentina and buys Jovetic.

Seriously though, not rooting for anybody, I'll just go with the flow. How great is it watching a match after your team has just won a trophy? So great.

GorillaJu

I'll be a bit pissed if City pass up even bidding for M'Vila. Seems to be the perfect De Jong replacement and he's younger too.

Don't think there's any reason to be pissed. At this point it seems there's a small amount of clubs that are legitimately interested in M'Vila and I'd imagine there's a good reason that so many seem to be passing on him.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
David Silva "Chelsea will notice Drogba's absence because he was important for them... now is the moment of truth for Torres."

This is what I'm most interested in seeing. Drogba was the most complete front-man in the PL, he was perfect for Chelsea. Torres' whole game is the opposite, he doesn't suit Chelsea's stodgy style. RDM has to change it for him to score regularly.

Zabojnik

Chevrolet Cup winners has a fucking ring to it, you're not wrong.

mnwjk.gif

sohois

David Silva "Chelsea will notice Drogba's absence because he was important for them... now is the moment of truth for Torres."

That Champions League goal seems to have lead to a false impression of Drogba; he hadn't had a good season for Chelsea since 09/10. Last season he got just 5 league goals from 24 appearances, the previous season 11 goals from 36 appearances. Even Andy Carroll has more league goals in that time. Whilst he may have produced big performances in 2 recent finals, that is also no reason to assume he would do it in every big game either.

GorillaJu

If Cavani goes to Chelsea, then there is absolutely no question that Torres will be marginalized. 10 goals max for Fernando.

Also, I was beating my drum all last season that Chelsea was the most likely destination for Cavani. If that happens then I'll be really angry at Japan for making sports betting illegal (but if it doesn't happen, thanks Nippon).

dc89

If Hart doesn't play it will be interesting to see big Pantilimon in goal in a more competitive game. He's been pretty decent preseason to be fair.

Also, it's Super Mario's birthday today! Hopefully he can get on for 30 minutes or so. Mancini said he and Silva are likely to start on the bench.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If Cavani goes to Chelsea, then there is absolutely no question that Torres will be marginalized. 10 goals max for Fernando.

Also, I was beating my drum all last season that Chelsea was the most likely destination for Cavani. If that happens then I'll be really angry at Japan for making sports betting illegal (but if it doesn't happen, thanks Nippon).

Oh they would take it! A personal best. (he scored 12 goals in two seasons)

GorillaJu

I just want to see who starts as City's full backs so I know who to play for my fantasy team. Other than that don't really care about how hard City thrash them.

elsk

Banned
I follow a polish journalist in twitter and his user name is polishscout, but for some reason I always read it as polishJT.

dc89

Or in his way to Madrid.

Maybe. Mancini said he and Barry are injured and need a few weeks. Barry we know about because of his hernia op. But Richards did get injured during the Olympics.

lDmZa.png

It has started. League over. /doicare

GorillaJu

The question is between Clichy and Kolarov. Either one could start. If they play 3 at the back, with Toure, Kompany and Lescott, then Kolarov will play. If it's just Kompany and Lescott, then Clichy will play.

I personally predict Clichy to start, with a traditional defense, but it's still iffy.

Wilbur

Banned
Just caught up on thread while eating sausage rolls. My negativity about RVP will only go if we buy a midfielder as well. If we don't then Kagawa is playing CM all year.

Going for 1-1 and City to win on penalties today.

Also just saw Mo's run, fucking delighted for him. Nice to see someone from my uni boss the Olympics

GorillaJu

Footballers are fantastic fodder for the papers. I haven't worked for a club that hasn't had a player caught out by his girlfriend or wife. But there are plenty of footballers' partners who turn a blind eye to indiscretions because they know that the life they enjoy would disappear if they walked out. I know wives who have walked in on their other half when he's in full swing, gone shopping, come home and had his dinner on the table as if nothing had happened. They simply cannot do without a designer wardrobe, two weeks in Dubai and half of Tiffany's every Christmas and birthday, and so look the other way. This amicable agreement becomes a problem only when the media get hold of it. Even then, the general rule is that things are brushed under the carpet as quickly as possible. The exception is when a wife no longer needs the player.

I love the Secret Footballer.

Labadal

Today Agent Sami will let Shurrle play first half for Leverkusen and second half for Liverpool. It'll be good to see him with Borini and Suarez.

I wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom