• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

I don't know if it's all football fans or just Newcastle ones, but I can't say "Player X is shit" on a Newcastle blog/forum without being mauled.

They will defend the likes of Danny Simpson and Gabriel Obertan just because they wear our shirt.

This is madness.

Wes

venison crêpe
Rodwell in must be for Home Grown numbers I would think. I guess Adam Johnson will be leaving (for Villa one would hope).

D_prOdigy

Lol sky reporting Man City agreed a deal with Rodwell from Everton.

It's on the City website too.

qFxMt.gif

Corriere dello Sport reported today that there could be a swap between Arsenal and Milan, involving Mexes and Bendtner. Also, Galliani is seriously thinking about Sahin and swapping Cassano for Borriello. BS of the decade, right there.

elsk

Banned
Corriere dello Sport reported today that there could be a swap between Arsenal and Milan, involving Mexes and Bendtner. Also, Galliani is seriously thinking about Sahin and swapping Cassano for Borriello. BS of the decade, right there.

Those would be like the worst transfers/swaps in the world.

City - Pantilimon - Zabaleta Kompany Savic - Milner De Jong YToure Clichy - Nasri - Aguero Tevez

Chelsea - Cech Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole Lampard Mikel Ramires Mata Hazard Torres

Yazan

Bendtner and Borriello...someone please kill me.

Seems like a bit of a panic buy, perhaps they're intending to ship Barry or De Jong?

I hope it gives Moyes a decen amount of cash to bulk his team up with.

So Cavani to Chelsea for 35M pounds?

Whilst buying a top striker like Falcao or Cavani would be the obvious solution to Chelsea's forwards problem, I think RDM and Roman find themselves in a tough spot with the Torres conundrum.

Torres won't accept being marginalized like he was last season, he certainly won't accept being benched much this season and the departure of Drogba has probably comforted him. He threw a bit of a tantrum last season after the CL win and it felt like Roman gave home some reassurance that he would be Chelsea star striker this season. So they pretty much have to buy a "lesser" striker than Torres, someone young whose stature isn't as big as him, maybe Moses will play that backup striker role.

In any case Torres and Sturridge isn't enough if they want to challenge in the league, cups and CL. The fact they loaned out Lukaku, they probably got a striker lined up though.

Wes

venison crêpe
Chelsea
4-2-3-1
Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Lampard, Mikel, Ramires, Mata, Hazard, Torres.

City
3-4-1-2
Pantilimon; Zabaleta, Kompany, Savic; Milner, De Jong, Yaya Toure, Clichy; Nasri ; Aguero, Tevez.

Whilst buying a top striker like Falcao or Cavani would be the obvious solution to Chelsea's forwards problem, I think RDM and Roman find themselves in a tough spot with the Torres conundrum.

Torres won't accept being marginalized like he was last season, he certainly won't accept being benched much this season and the departure of Drogba has probably comforted him. He threw a bit of a tantrum last season after the CL win and it felt like Roman gave home some reassurance that he would be Chelsea star striker this season. So they pretty much have to buy a "lesser" striker than Torres, someone young whose stature isn't as big as him, maybe Moses will play that backup striker role.

In any case Torres and Sturridge isn't enough if they want to challenge in the league, cups and CL. The fact they loaned out Lukaku, they probably got a striker lined up though.

This is why Hulk makes sense though, as he can play on the right or up front... we could easily have a team with:

Torres
Mata Hazard Hulk

As our attacking unit.

Edit: Just seen our bench - Turnbull, Essien, Meireles, Sturridge, Cahill, Bertrand, Blackman.

Two goalkeepers? Terrible bench.

Seems Piazon is on the bench and not Blackman, Chelsea TV got it wrong. I saw Piazon tweet earlier and mentioned Villa park so I thought it was odd Blackman was there.

Still not a great bench though.

GorillaJu

Wonder how much that suit costs

The very highest end suits generally top out below £10,000. That would be the absolute highest quality wools and a bespoke design (multi-visit process involving a completely custom canvas and cut). I'm sure there are places that will find ways to charge extra by meeting for fittings on private jets or something, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom