• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Stuck in traffic due to a tractor festival (Ireland fuck yeah), every single fecking song on radio 1 features dub-shit. Had me yearning for One Direction (but not in the Wilbury way)

G17

I still don't see him leaving. No one will cough up 20 million for him. The rumor about United offering 25 million/220,000 per week was ridiculous enough.

Someone has to get hurt/fired/replaced. This fucking team is so fucking shit.

ibgzD9Ctt4BMZz.gif

:lol :lol :lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I still don't see him leaving. No one will cough up 20 million for him. The rumor about United offering 25 million/220,000 per week was ridiculous enough.
We did offer 20m. But Wenger wants that extra 5m from United. It's not like RVP wants us anymore anyway :p

This is amazing. I am stunned we did so well. 3rd in the medals table is way beyond expectations. I feel all patriotic. :)

Actually GB is fourth in overall medal count. I believe that pic is from Yahoo UK which list the count for most gold instead of overall. Russia has more medals than GB with 82.

Fry

Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Can - Gustavo, Kroos - Robben, Müller, Ribery - Mandzukic

Weidenfeller - Piszczek, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer - Leitner, Gündogan - Blaszczykowski, Reus, Großkreutz - Lewandowski

BRING THE FUCK ON!

This is amazing. I am stunned we did so well. 3rd in the medals table is way beyond expectations. I feel all patriotic. :)

Yeah it really is incredible. All the talk of 'Inspiring a generation' before the games seemed like such a sound-bite, now I can't see how it couldn't. If I was 10 again and had spent my summer watching the games I'd be signing up to all sorts of clubs etc.

rodvik

Actually GB is fourth in overall medal count. I believe that pic is from Yahoo UK which list the count for most gold instead of overall. Russia has more medals than GB with 82.

Every site I have seen always weights is with golds vs other medals. Either way 4th would e amazing enough.

/proud

Wilbur

Banned
Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Can - Gustavo, Kroos - Robben, Müller, Ribery - Mandzukic

Weidenfeller - Piszczek, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer - Leitner, Gündogan - Blaszczykowski, Reus, Großkreutz - Lewandowski

BRING THE FUCK ON!

I'm really excited, that Bayern team looks very promising to me.

Götze still injured?

Well someone needs to tell that to Yahoo USA.

I just assumed it was in case they lost to China on golds so could claim their superiority overall

elsk

Banned

BRING THE FUCK ON!

FCB bench: Starke, Badstuber, van Buyten, Tymoshchuk, Weiser, Shaqiri, Pizarro.

Wilbur

Banned
FCB bench: Starke, Badstuber, van Buyten, Tymoshchuk, Weiser, Shaqiri, Pizarro.

Actually swap Badstuber for Boateng and Shaqiri for Robben and it's even more exciting.

Is Can a youth product? I thought Alaba looked really good at left back

PaulLFC

Manchester City have had their final bid of £23 million for Daniel Agger rejected by Liverpool. (The Times)
Brilliant news! Hope it actually is their final bid and they don't come back with a higher offer a couple of days before the end of the transfer window.

Bumhead

Banned
RVP will probably play for Arsenal in the league. This saga will last a few more weeks.

It's brinkmanship at the moment. If there is a resolution to this I don't believe it will come until the last week (but more likely, the last few hours) of the transfer window.

The problem not only for Arsenal but for some of the clubs vying for his signature is that by the time the next transfer window rolls around, it's open season as to who gets him. Arsenal risk losing him for nothing. The likes of Manchester United risk the door being opened for the big spenders wage wise.

sohois

|OT2| Fagie Pls

Though perhaps that wouldn't fly with the mods, since you really have to know the MU facebook context.

Pheonix Fang said:
I'm assuming they must be only UK websites.

The official Olympic website has it ranked by golds.

elsk

Banned
Actually swap Badstuber for Boateng and Shaqiri for Robben and it's even more exciting.

Is Can a youth product? I thought Alaba looked really good at left back

Yes, he's a youth product. 18years old.
Emre Can is a DM, he was the captain of the Germany U17 in the WC U17.
Both our left-backs are injured, Contento and Alaba.

Dante is a left Center back, so he can't play with Badstuber next to him.
RCB = Boateng, van Buyten
LCB = Dante, Badstuber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom