• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Peter McDowall ‏@Petermcdowall10
BR on Joe Allen: "We hoped he could play today, but if he gets 40-60 minutes in the week for Wales it won't harm him."

Slizz

BTW

icNQbCyYKgWYi.gif

G17

Fantastic run and goal by Gervinho. If he had that final ball in the box more often, Gervinho would be a constant starter.

elsk

Banned
Fantastic run and goal by Gervinho. If he had that final ball in the box more often, Gervinho would be a constant starter.

I'm happy for you and all but you're playing against a second division side that lost all their best players a month ago.

Damn, lol the hate. I'm sure everyone prefers the female heptathlon better.

TY

I think for the sports like Basketball and the Football where the stars are already highly paid Professionals shouldn't be allowed to take part. The football should be the for the National schoolboy players, and the Basketball... well I have no idea, I love basketball but one country has such a monopoly on talent that its a bit pointless now.

elsk

Banned
I think for the sports like Basketball and the Football where the stars are already highly paid Professionals shouldn't be allowed to take part. The football should be the for the National schoolboy players, and the Basketball... well I have no idea, I love basketball but one country has such a monopoly on talent that its a bit pointless now.

Football at the Olympics is like the U23 WC. Nothing wrong with it, it's a good way to prepare the young players for the next World Cup.

Slizz

Yeah I understand, but even with the monopoly on talent USA was undersized compared to Spain. In fact it was a close game the entire game. 1 point lead for USA at the end of the half, 1 point lead for USA at the end of the 3rd quarter. Was genuinely a good game aside from the terrible officiating.

GorillaJu

I think we need to wait untill january to make a comment about that.

Podolski is proven quality, though. Cazorla as well. Giroud is the most unknown of the bunch, but with their attacking prowess they should be alright even if he takes time to settle.

I think, at the very minimum, they have a better team this year than last.

confuziz

Banned
Podolski is proven quality, though. Cazorla as well. Giroud is the most unknown of the bunch, but with their attacking prowess they should be alright even if he takes time to settle.

With RVP yes, without no.

sohois

Downing was proven quality. Or to use an Arsenal example, Gervinho was supposed to be proven quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom