• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

untitled-10omxlg.gif

Excellent goal

it looks like it curls towards the goal right at the end

Choc

Banned
but (and i wont go on with this) my FIFA dvds say otherwise.

I honestly think that in the first phase of that play, the player was offside, the misguided header does not start a new phase of play.

off side is just one of those rules that will never ever be 100% accurate ever. SO many intricacies.

FWIW its happened to me on the line. A ref waved me down after i gave that exact scenario offside.

The referee was torn apart by the assessor at the end of the match because it was offside in their eyes lol.

Arnie

Don't change Sunhi, if people don't want to see the goals then they should either scroll past the gifs or steer clear of the thread during the match.

Not panicking at Liverpool. Was a great goal and there's not a lot we could've done about it, except close Gera down quicker. Suarez looks lively, although he missed a sitter, and his finishing is still lacking any sort of finesse. Allen looks very tidy on the ball, Lucas has been a bit off the pace today, and Gerrard's been inconsistent.

West Brom have looked great, and I'm happy for Steve Clarke even if we're losing.

Carbonox

Yes, it is indeed. But it was only called like that until 2006. Since then they've been renamed to Berliner Athletik Klub 07

How interesting. First I've heard of a club like that (ignorance is bliss!). I'm aware of the strong Turkish presence in Germany though so it's nice to see clubs reflecting this.

Reina should have saved that...

Not even one day of the new season has gone past and we've already got our first "he should have saved that" post. CONGRATULATIONS!

elsk

Banned
GIFs are great, I can't watch all the matches at the same time (and I don't really care that much about some matches) so being able to see the goals here is great :)

Choc

Banned
Same thing happened to Liverpool last season, when Carragher stretched for a ball that was going to an offside player, it took a deflection off Carra and ended up at the then onside players feet who scored.

ok dear FA referees

a deflection does not put an offside player onside. This is basic fucking Level 4 theory shit that you learn.

That is like, seriously, the most basic rule of offside. Otherwise the oppo'n could just kick it into the attacker to play everyone onside

ok thats enough o nthat :p

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Gervinho is so bad. He gets into great positions and wastes them every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom