• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
West Ham vs Villa is going to be all over the news huge controversy

AR put up flag to indicate offside, players stopped, goal scored, flag down

AR gave goal

OH SHIT, even i know as soon as the flag goes up, the whistle is blown, fuck me. and they have buzzers on their wrist that ping when the flag goes up at this level (as do i)

but seriously wtf

fuckin amateur hour

It was absolutely ridiculous but I doubt it'll get any press because it's only West Ham and Villa.... :(

The commentator said Dean gave it because it came off a Villa player's head so Vaz Te wasn't counted as offside, which was what he went over to explain to the assistant ref.

I've never liked that rule, especially in cases where the defender very obviously wouldn't have gone for the ball if the player behind him (thus offside) weren't there.

Scum

untitled-9qoy49.gif

Damn!

Suarez the only player willing to run beyond the last defender atm. Yet again a case of missing a few decent chances, missing a sitter and then conceding a gtreat goal because we overlooked the minor detail oif stationing a player on the edge of the box from a corner. Fucking football

kharma45

mmm...I had a complaint in one of the GT threads about users on their mobile a while ago. Shall I just link the gifs instead? This way you don't have to see them unless you click the link.

If they don't like their gifs on mobile they can turn pictures off and click to view the ones they like.

Cry babies.

elseanio

I've never liked that rule, especially in cases where the defender very obviously wouldn't have gone for the ball if the player behind him (thus offside) weren't there.

Same thing happened to Liverpool last season, when Carragher stretched for a ball that was going to an offside player, it took a deflection off Carra and ended up at the then onside players feet who scored.

GQman2121

Banned
mmm...I had a complaint in one of the GT threads about users on their mobile a while ago. Shall I just link the gifs instead? This way you don't have to see them unless you click the link.

Hells. No.

Too damn bad if they're on their phones and have shit networks.

Keep them coming! :)

Watched WBA vs Liverpool.

Both teams trying to play good football which was good to see.

I haven't seen anything from Liverpool in that half which tells me they are going to be any more lethal in the final third. Suarez is the only one who looks dangerous. He does look very sharp, should move him wide left I think cos Reid is appalling and Suarez will create problems there.

Stunning goal, not much you can do about that.

Empty

liverpools midfield three look good but their attempted front line with gerrard joining in too isn't so hot today. they dominated possession but everything either came from suarez or johnson overlapping.

Meier

Sunhi you're a Legend, don't change a thing.

That WBA goal was a stunner, I forgive you Liverpool even though I expected a CS.

Choc

Banned
Fox AU commentators confim Dean did wave it down.

BUT with that said under the rules as far as i am concerned the player was still offside

as the ball was originally played, the player was in an offside position and the Villa player misheaded it and did not intend it to go backwards. Therefore under the examples that FIFA give, thats offside

There is a specific case like this on the offside training DVD, and its offside says FIFA. Will be interesting to see how this washes up.

No problem man, i'll just scroll past real fast, with the pace this thread runs, it shouldn't be a problem

--------------

Cazorla looking great, if only del bosque didn't make him play full 90mins in that shitty friendly

Podolski will score today, he looks ready for a debut goal

Fox AU commentators confim Dean did wave it down.

BUT with that said under the rules as far as i am concerned the player was still offside

as the ball was originally played, the player was in an offside position and the Villa player misheaded it and did not intend it to go backwards. Therefore under the examples that FIFA give, thats offside

There is a specific case like this on the offside training DVD, and its offside says FIFA. Will be interesting to see how this washes up.

Arsenal fans suffered a similar situation last season with Koscielny trying to cut out a ball to Saha, who was offside, (because how could he know he was offside?) but the ref gave it as Koscielny activating a second period of play. There was a minor controversy over it then, with Graham Poll eventually weighing in with his column to explain why it was a correct decision.

Hate it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom