• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judderman

drawer by drawer

I get showing the first goal of the premier league, but please no more Sunhi

iI946P2AlLOTR.gif

FFFFFFFUUUUUUU

Choc

Banned
West Ham vs Villa is going to be all over the news huge controversy

AR put up flag to indicate offside, players stopped, goal scored, flag down

AR gave goal

OH SHIT, even i know as soon as the flag goes up, the whistle is blown, fuck me. and they have buzzers on their wrist that ping when the flag goes up at this level (as do i)

but seriously wtf

fuckin amateur hour

confuziz

Banned
West Ham vs Villa is going to be all over the news huge controversy

AR put up flag to indicate offside, players stopped, goal scored, flag down

AR gave goal

OH SHIT, even i know as soon as the flag goes up, the whistle is blown, fuck me.

Nope, it's all up to the ref to decide whether to follow the flag or not.

Empty

i don't know why you'd rather wait seven hours to see the same goals except interrupted with shearer and redknapp talking bollocks in between them

Choc

Banned
Nope, it's all up to the ref to decide whether to follow the flag or not.

Correct, but in this case that is not what happened. Dean didn't wave the flag down, the AR put it down.

Dean even checked with AR before the goal, dean wasn't the instigator of this problem

The commentator said Dean gave it because it came off a Villa player's head so Vaz Te wasn't counted as offside, which was what he went over to explain to the assistant ref.

Choc

Banned
The commentator said Dean gave it because it came off a Villa player's head so Vaz Te wasn't counted as offside, which was what he went over to explain to the assistant ref.

fair enough. if Dean made that call, then wow, i am in awe of his ref skills.

And yes that is legal for him to do that of course.

Dean also made the call that the Villa player specifically played the head properly as well (if its a mishead, it can still be offside even though it touched a defensive player)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom