• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogunX

How was this a sticking point for Arsenal?
Being reported as Liverpool want first refusal should Madrid decide to sell. A buy out clause would go against everything Mourinho has said so far and is likely the reason Sahin is not joining Arsenal (supposedly).

K1LLER7

United-Gaf it looks like we're close to signing Herrera.

@LopezOlvera (Reporter)
Andrés Fassi sports director of Pachuca says to me: "Right now Herrera is player of us but Manchester United is his future destination"

After my interview with Fassi I think Herrera will ve signed by #MUFC the next week but he be loaned back to Pachuca until December

Kyoufu

Its not that easy to just find a Valdes replacement, Valdes is USUALLY, USUALLY a very good passer and that is what Barca need, even in GK. As a goalkeeper there are many better, but for tiki-taka style Valdes suits Barca. BTW is Sczenszvhy good on the ball?

De Gea is pretty good with his feet I think, but bigger chance getting Sczenscky since Barca have a great relationship with Arsenal and vice versa.

Yeah I don't think Sczsny or whatever his name is will get into the Barca team any time soon.

@LopezOlvera (Reporter)
Andrés Fassi sports director of Pachuca says to me: "Right now Herrera is player of us but Manchester United is his future destination"

After my interview with Fassi I think Herrera will ve signed by #MUFC the next week but he be loaned back to Pachuca until December
Well that's no good.

Scholes will be gassed by the end of the September.

Yeah I don't think Sczsny or whatever his name is will get into the Barca team any time soon.
What about the Newcastle team?

Deportivo's name still sends shivers down my spine
Valeron. Tristan. Makaay. The Rizaor. Those were the days Yurt...those were the days.

elsk

Banned
Its not that easy to just find a Valdes replacement, Valdes is USUALLY, USUALLY a very good passer and that is what Barca need, even in GK. As a goalkeeper there are many better, but for tiki-taka style Valdes suits Barca. BTW is Sczenszvhy good on the ball?

De Gea is pretty good with his feet I think, but bigger chance getting Sczenscky since Barca have a great relationship with Arsenal and vice versa.

Valdes is a mediocre goalkeeper.

Raptor

Good result, I can see us take the win at the Bernabeu, we just need to play the entire game like this second half.

Im happy with the match.

Congrats to Barca supporters!

@LopezOlvera (Reporter)

That's what I read too. Hope the loan bit isn't true, we could do with him now. Guess it turns on the work permit thing, since he hasn't got many (any?) full international appearances.

FootballFan

I understand where you're coming from, but come on, you really don't need the GK to be a 'good passer' to fit into Barca's style of play. One that isn't outright terrible with his feet would more than suffice.

True true. But Valdes has contributed to a lot of good passing and forward movements by not booting it away every single time he has the ball, instead by picking out players.
Obviously though with shit like that mistake he just made, that stuff is just inexcusable. Reminds me of Valdes from 2005, who was doing it every game lol.

Valdes is a mediocre goalkeeper.

Where did I say he wasn't?

me:
As a goalkeeper there are many better

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Good result, I can see us take the win at the Bernabeu, we just need to play the entire game like this second half.

Im happy with the match.

Congrats to Barca supporters!
when you guys play like that it opens spaces for us. I hope you do.

Arnie

So it seems there is no option to buy (I trust Barrett over Smith), so I'd hope the rumours about first refusal rights are true. Either way, having a player of Sahin's quality in the first team squad will be massive for us this season.

K1LLER7

That's what I read too. Hope the loan bit isn't true, we could do with him now. Guess it turns on the work permit thing, since he hasn't got many (any?) full international appearances.
Think that could be the reason but knowing we've got a CM/DM signed and ready to come in January is good to know. Ando/Clevs/Carrick/Scholes/Giggs should be okay for now.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Valeron. Tristan. Makaay. The Rizaor. Those were the days Yurt...those were the days.
Makaay was basically Messi.
To his national team
Di Marzio: "Edin Dzeko becomes Juventus' no. 1 target, surpassing Llorente."

It's a race!

And how exactly are we going to convince Roberto-I-wanted-RVP-Mancini? With Quag?
i0cJW.gif

Zabojnik

True true. But Valdes has contributed to a lot of good passing and forward movements by not booting it away every single time he has the ball, instead by picking out players.
Obviously though with shit like that mistake he just made, that stuff is just inexcusable. Reminds me of Valdes from 2005, who was doing it every game lol.

Yeah, I get it. Since Conte's arrival, Buffon is basically forbidden to kick the ball over the midfield. All our attacks start from the defense. But while Gigi has always been pretty good with his feet, it's more of an acquired skill for a GK. That's all I'm saying.

Yurt: Eh, you only need to convince and find an agreement with the player. Didn't the RVP affair teach you anything?
I. WANT. A. FUCKING. STRIKER. THAT. ISN'T. BORRIELLO. OR. OSVALDO.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Storari is, quite literally, the worst passer I have ever seen. His feet are useless.

But Hugh Jackman is going no where <3

storari1.jpg

It's being reported that RMadrid wanted £5m to loan Sahin out for a year, with a buy option of £15m at the end of the year. They got him for £8m originally. I can understand why Arsenal refused to accept these terms

FootballFan

Yeah, I get it. Since Conte's arrival, Buffon is basically forbidden to kick the ball over the midfield. All our attacks start from the defense. But while Gigi has always been pretty good with his feet, it's more of an acquired skill for a GK. That's all I'm saying.

Yeah I get where you're coming from, but even then, Buffon nearly cost you guys the league(Well more like, delayed your celebrations) Can't forget this moment.

edit
What I'm trying to say is even he makes mistakes.

Arnie

It's being reported that RMadrid wanted £5m to loan Sahin out for a year, with a buy option of £15m at the end of the year. They got him for £8m originally. I can understand why Arsenal refused to accept these terms

Sounds like utter bullshit created by the Arsenal propaganda machine to soften the blow.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt: Eh, you only need to convince and find an agreement with the player. Didn't the RVP affair teach you anything?
I. WANT. A. FUCKING. STRIKER. THAT. ISN'T. BORRIELLO. OR. OSVALDO.
I DONT WANT TO BELIEVE ZABO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Didn't the Verratti affair teach you anything?
Yeah I get where you're coming from, but even then, Buffon nearly cost you guys the league(Well more like, delayed your celebrations) Can't forget this moment.

edit
What I'm trying to say is even he makes mistakes.

I don't remember ANY of this?

:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

jtb

Banned
Sounds like utter bullshit created by the Arsenal propaganda machine to soften the blow.

agreed. 115k is a lot; purchasing him would easily break the wage structure of the club, so I can see why the club would, as usual, cheap out. RM are usually pretty generous selling the players they don't need (Robben, Sneijder, VDV, etc. all left pretty cheap), so the loan fee wouldn't be that high I think. Especially if Wilshere really is 3 weeks out.

He's not though.

Raptor

when you guys play like that it opens spaces for us. I hope you do.

I will be happy as long as there is some action, when is like the first half of this game is really boring, yeah sure Barca touches the ball like no other team but that makes for a very boring match IMO.

Zabojnik

So? That would make him a £20m signing. If he's as great as everybody says he is, that doesn't seem an unreasonable pricetag to me. Nevermind what RM paid for him. That's not how it works.

So? That would make him a £20m signing. If he's as great as everybody says he is, that doesn't seem an unreasonable pricetag to me. Nevermind what RM paid for him. That's not how it works.
Would make him Arsenal's record signing.

Not happening.

(I think he is worth it, but Arsenal won't pay that much.)

Salvadora

Arsène Wenger has revealed the following team news ahead of the Stoke City game:

on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (ankle)...
He should be back in the training group from Friday. He has not practiced with the team yet. But he should be in the squad for Stoke.

on Laurent Koscielny (calf)...
He will not be back. But he should definitely be back next week. So he should play in the game after Stoke.

on Lukasz Fabianski, who missed the Sunderland game...
He should be OK. He has a test today [Thursday] and, normally, he will be back. He has had a problem with inflammation of the back.

on other team news...
Touch wood, we have no further problems apart from the guys who are out in the longer term.
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/team-news-oxlade-chamberlain-koscielny

FootballFan

Anyways..good result Iniesta is amazing, at times god-like. Busquets was great too. Damn it Valdes, it could have been a beautiful win if you didn't do that.

I wouldn't think the buy out price would be the problem, but rather the immediate fee for the loan transfer.

Awesome night.

A very entertaining second part of the match.

Really open by both sides and with Barcelona building up after Cristiano's goal. Despite Pedro's goal was offside I'm not going to complain, it was really hard to see live, I doubted.

Valdés gifted us with chances of getting teh trophy at home. It will be a glorious match.

Oh, and I got moneyz.

I'm not really disappointed at all because I feel Madrid is still playing pre-season matches.

Oh, yeah, Coentrao, go fuck yourself.

Arnie

I wouldn't think the buy out price would be the problem, but rather the immediate fee for the loan transfer.

Until I see a credible source talking about it, I'm not willing to contemplate that Madrid asked for £5 million for a loan signing. I think it's more likely that Arsenal wanted a buyout clause, and Liverpool were happy to accept a loan deal and see where everyone stands in a years time.

Where did all that RVP and Song money go? What's Arsenal's current transfer season balance?
With Giroud, Podolski, and Cazorla, we've about broken even, I think. Maybe even a little bit ahead. Arsenal don't release their sales/purchase figures, but the reported numbers are about 35 million in purchases, 39 in sales (pounds).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom