• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about that. Hazard is a monster.
Hazard can't save us on his own though. We have looked pretty decent at times and I fully expect us to play well once the window closes and the full squad is gelled. Until then, we will continue to make silly mistakes, mistakes that a squad of Newcastles quality can exploit.

Kyoufu

Hazard can't save us on his own though. We have looked pretty decent at times and I fully expect us to play well once the window closes and the full squad is gelled. Until then, we will continue to make silly mistakes, mistakes that a squad of Newcastles quality can exploit.

Don't worry, we'll make plenty of mistakes too and also Cisse hasn't looked very good lately. He played on Thursday night so I don't even think he has much juice in his tank. He may not even start (but probably will).

Hopefully it's a cracking game.

qindarka

Banned
Don't know why I've been so pessimistic. I've dreaded every game, even against Wigan and Reading (and not without good reason). Would have thought the CL win could have helped me relax. Doesn't help at all, of course.

Don't know why I've been so pessimistic. I've dreaded every game, even against Wigan and Reading (and not without good reason). Would have thought the CL win could have helped me relax. Doesn't help at all, of course.
I actually feel more confident against the bigger teams. Like I know we can pull together and do it. Our attitude toward the Wigans and Readings of the league is too laxed.

Arnie

Doing burst sprints in my kitchen to release tension.

I'm eating a sausage and drinking diet coke to demonstrate my couldn't-give-a-fuck attitude.

Did just put a naughty £2 accumulator on though, need United, Spurs, and Everton to win, whilst I want Chelsea versus Newcastle to be a draw. £40 return.

Arnie

I should try that. I've been a wreck before football games (especially big ones).

I didn't sleep before the Merseyside derby in the FA Cup last season. Probably for the best that I failed to get a ticket, otherwise I'd have been a state on the way down to Wembley.

I'm eating a sausage and drinking diet coke to demonstrate my couldn't-give-a-fuck attitude.

Did just put a naughty £2 accumulator on though, need United, Spurs, and Everton to win, whilst I want Chelsea versus Newcastle to be a draw. £40 return.
Somebody who truly doesn't give a fuck would be drinking regular sugary Coke. I think you give a wee bit of a fuck.

Edit: hope Spurs get spanked with Lukaku scoring some goals. Would make my day.

bjaelke

ibgRs9Aj63LMvv.gif

Arnie

Somebody who truly doesn't give a fuck would be drinking regular sugary Coke. I think you give a wee bit of a fuck.

Believe me, if it was me who did the shopping I'd be drinking Red Bull.

I think I know too much about Arnie's diet.

It's all one huge test; I'm secretly a millionaire and eventually I'm going to launch a competition whereby the football Gaffer who guesses my BMI (or gets closest to it) wins £500,000.

yella

Looks like my decision to replace Rooney with van Persie paid off; I kind of expected he would start. My only problem? Riise doesn't even play in this game after a good performance last week, which means that I already have a big 0 in my FF team for this week. Anyway, come on Van Persie!

Just reading GAF confirms my feelings on FF. It's a pain in the ass (at times) and hard to enjoy some of the games for worrying about FF. Particularly when you need points from players who are playing against the team you support.

GorillaJu

Fulham is shit away – make it away to United and I'd be surprised at anything less than a 5-0 to United.

Just reading GAF confirms my feelings on FF. It's a pain in the ass (at times) and hard to enjoy some of the games for worrying about FF. Particularly when you need points from players who are playing against the team you support.

Definitely part of it. But it's still fun.

Facism

So Sahin is a liverpool player. Looks like i'm a liverpool fan for this season! Hopefully i'm as informed as Yenrot is on the Turkish football league so i don't look ignorant when it comes to the 'pool :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom