• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Yep, Liverpool always had great games with us, but in terms of league position we were closer to you.

Unfortunately we couldn't best a perfect team/squad you had with the Neville brothers, Cantona, Beckham, Keane, Giggs, Scholes etc... One of the best teams I've ever seen. You bastards.

And Schmeichel.

By far the best goalkeeper I've ever seen.

Kyoufu

And Schmeichel.

By far the best goalkeeper I've ever seen.

Definitely.

Wish I could have seen Keegan's Newcastle in the 90s

"The Entertainers". Keegan's philosophy of defense = offence so we would focus going forward while being weak at the back. We'd end up scoring 6-7 goals in some games. Flawed system but we were great to watch.

Anyway Ba hat-trick on Sunday please.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
"The Entertainers". Keegan's philosophy of defense = offence so we would focus going forward while being weak at the back. We'd end up scoring 6-7 goals in some games. Flawed system but we were great to watch.

sounds like barca minus the 2 sided triangles

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Barca waste time passing the ball and end up going nowhere sometimes. It's pretty boring tbh.

ZioFs.gif

It's frustrating some times for sure. That's why Mou has success against Barca. He presses them and they end up making a stupid mistake (valdes for example) and they concede a goal. Or he'll just sit back and hit them on the counter with a fast player like ronaldo or dimaria. Like how ramires fucking destroyed us in the champions league.

Damn :(

Arnie

When Man United ran a monopoly on the league and we were 2nd for a few seasons.

Before your time, fella. :)

Thank god for that, I thought you'd implied that Newcastle were the top dogs, not that they were amongst the top dogs. Carry on reminiscing.

Kyoufu

Thank god for that, I thought you'd implied that Newcastle were the top dogs, not that they were amongst the top dogs. Carry on reminiscing.

Allow me to reminisce to the Fowler/Collymore/McManaman/Owen days.

Those fuckers cost us the title. I said god damn.

Clegg

Fowler and Owen should have had better careers than they actually had.

I know Fowler is a Liverpool legend and Owen won European Player of the Year but both players burned out so quickly.

Fowler was finished by 25 and Owen 26.

Sloosha

It's frustrating some times for sure. That's why Mou has success against Barca. He presses them and they end up making a stupid mistake (valdes for example) and they concede a goal. Or he'll just sit back and hit them on the counter with a fast player like ronaldo or dimaria. Like how ramires fucking destroyed us in the champions league.

Damn :(

That Ramires goal. Didn't think he had it in him to show that much composure and adroitly chip the keeper the way he did. Those rare instances that he reminds us he is Brazilian.

Kyoufu

Fowler and Owen should have had better careers than they actually had.

I know Fowler is a Liverpool legend and Owen won European Player of the Year but both players burned out so quickly.

Fowler was finished by 25 and Owen 26.

Owen blamed injuries which weren't possible to fully recover from as we weren't medically advanced back then as we are now. Whether that's the actual cause I don't know.

BTW Clegg you seen this? http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...-video-game-in-the-history-of-technology.aspx

Punk vs Austin please.

Stone Cold fucking buries the roster today lol

That Ramires goal. Didn't think he had it in him to show that much composure and adroitly chip the keeper the way he did. Those rare instances that he reminds us he is Brazilian.

I was one of the doubters of Ramires because I always saw he wasn't great but had sparks of brilliance like his goal at Man City last year or the year before. Ever since he scored that goal at the Nou Camp though he can do no wrong in my eyes. One of my favorite goals!

AndresON777

shooting blanks

Yep. He's so god damn fast too. It also shows how people have no respect for Valdes lol

Messi

Sounds like Antichrist?

Never seen that, but the last 30ish mins of this "Movie" have been fucking horrific. I feel ill.

Edit: I had to turn it off I know where it's going and I'm not willing to watch anymore. Fuck I am so angry.

Clegg

GAFs attitude towards sex is a confusing one.

That film "Megan is Missing" deals with paedophilia, an act which is as base and deplorable as humanly possible. But it also deals with teenagers having sex and drinking with other teenagers.

There seems to be a sizeable number on GAF that can't get their heads around this.

Sloosha

I was one of the doubters of Ramires because I always saw he wasn't great but had sparks of brilliance like his goal at Man City last year or the year before. Ever since he scored that goal at the Nou Camp though he can do no wrong in my eyes. One of my favorite goals!

Yeah, I failed to see a place for him in the team at the start of the season - mainly because he was being played in a position where I thought we had better options, but I'm now a lot happier with him being played in the centre along with Mikel.

K1LLER7

Never seen that, but the last 30ish mins of this "Movie" have been fucking horrific. I feel ill.

Edit: I had to turn it off I know where it's going and I'm not willing to watch anymore. Fuck I am so angry.

read the thread eariler, won't be watching it.

jtb

Banned
wat. Are people seriously shitting on "Fly"? That's like the moment the show redeemed itself for the shittacular mess that was season 2.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yeah I have to get thru it because my dvr only has like 10% space left. I have so many football matches saved (mainly barca, atletico, colombia) that I had to get rid of a few things I didn't think were necessary. Was watching damages and falling skies but I axed them.

Now I'm behind on Boardwalk Empire too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah I have to get thru it because my dvr only has like 10% space left. I have so many football matches saved (mainly barca, atletico, colombia) that I had to get rid of a few things I didn't think were necessary. Was watching damages and falling skies but I axed them.

Now I'm behind on Boardwalk Empire too.

I fell asleep in the pilot.

Twice. :(

I have no idea what anyone is talking about

I wonder what percentage of after dark gaf post naked?

Oh and I just spent about two hours trying to get a legendary on FIFA skill challenges, finally got one on dribbling

rodvik

Definitely.

Anyway Ba hat-trick on Sunday please.

I know Keegan became a bit of a laughing stock eventually but at that time he was bloody brilliant.

Wasnt it like promotion from the Championship to two 2nd place EPL finishes in as many years or something?

Crazy good football as well.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I fell asleep in the pilot.

Twice. :(

You mean the first episode of the series? or this season? This season the first episode was slow as hell but I love that time period in the u.s. so I stuck with it and it ended with a ....bang.

I have hbo go on the xbox so it's easier to catch up on hbo shit.

---I've been trying to beat real madrid with barcelona for a week on legendary. Closest I was was like being up 1-0 with a few minutes left in the game but the computer came back and scored 3 goals on me lol

elsk

Banned
"Junior Flores has signed pro contract with German champion Borussia Dortmund."

Born in Los Angeles and raised in Menassas, VA to Salvadoran parents, Flores has already been courted by the El Salvador Football Federation (FESFUT). During the CONCACAF Gold Cup, the Salvadoran National Team was in the Washington area and invited young Flores to participate in training with them.

The U-17 US Men’s National Team competed in the 2011 Nike International Friendlies tournament in early December and came away champions beating Brazil 3-1 in the final behind the superb skill of midfielder Junior Flores. Turkey and France were the other teams in the tournament and the US tied France and beat Turkey on the road to claiming the crown for the first time in the tournament’s history.

Video of him: http://youtu.be/0SQaWSVZ9H8

elsk

Banned
(Reposting in new page, sorry)

u17-blog480.jpg

"Junior Flores has signed pro contract with German champion Borussia Dortmund."

Born in Los Angeles and raised in Menassas, VA to Salvadoran parents, Flores has already been courted by the El Salvador Football Federation (FESFUT). During the CONCACAF Gold Cup, the Salvadoran National Team was in the Washington area and invited young Flores to participate in training with them.

The U-17 US Men’s National Team competed in the 2011 Nike International Friendlies tournament in early December and came away champions beating Brazil 3-1 in the final behind the superb skill of midfielder Junior Flores. Turkey and France were the other teams in the tournament and the US tied France and beat Turkey on the road to claiming the crown for the first time in the tournament’s history.

Flores, 16, will begin his pro contract in March 2014.
He'll fly out and train there at times over the next year and a half.

Video of him: http://youtu.be/0SQaWSVZ9H8

Just got to the Mad Men episode when
Peggy leaves

:(

Feels bad man :(

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yeah Grant Wahl (good follow) just tweeted that news about junior flores. Good thing he needs to get the fuck out of this country if he wants to develop his skillz.

---Not big on Peggy really. She looks like a poor man's mila jovovich.

Messi

I have no idea what anyone is talking about

I wonder what percentage of after dark gaf post naked?

Oh and I just spent about two hours trying to get a legendary on FIFA skill challenges, finally got one on dribbling

I am totally naked right now, if that counts.

Totally gonna knock one out and go to sleep though. Stay classy afer dark.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Me too lol. I'm just building up my lead on Hitcher right now. He'll pass me in the morning tho for sure

I never post naked I don't see the point. Maybe in the summer because Georgia is so fucking hot but right now it's starting to get cold-ish. I don't have my kinect hooked up because I feel awkward when I want to have a wank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom