• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumhead

Banned
What is expected of Wednesday? I appreciate you're on a real poor run but always feel everyone is so harsh on newly promoted managers.

Mid table, by all accounts. Nobody really demands or expects top 6, although it would be nice. At the same time, nobody really wants a relegation battle either, not least Mandaric.

I like Jones but we have gone from the sublime to the ridiculous in the space of a little over a month. We've gone from a promotion and dominating our first few matches at Championship level to looking absolutely hapless in the space of a few games. We're second best to everyone we play, we are an absolute disaster defensively, we lack idea's, shape and an identity. And, unfortunately, a number of those things have come directly from decisions that Jones has been making. His management at the moment evokes nightmarish memories of what we were like under Alan Irvine, which is ridiculous for a man of Jones' pedigree and experience. It's just baffling.

Choc

Banned
GOAL QPR give themselves a lifeline at West Brom, Esteban Granero brilliantly curling into the top corner from 18 yards. It's 3-2. #WBAQPR

this sounds like a good goal

Choc

Banned
Kevin Friend has no control over this game lol

Direct result of him not sending off players when he should be. The players know a slap to the face is a red card and him not doing it undermines his authority, they think he is a soft touch and abuse the fact.

We are taught this all the time at coaching, man management. If a player doesn't think you have control or punished the player enough they will take it upon themselves to do it.

3Sixty

Fucking betting on English leagues. Dumping all my hope into Sampdoria, Vitesse and Valladolid tonight to complete a 5 fold.

350x.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Everton :lol

Teams who finish in the top 4 do not lose at Wigan. Oh...wait...

It does sound like they had several penalty claims. Moyes also played Heitinga (and took him off at half time). Heitinga is dogshit.

GQman2121

Banned
Great result today and great way to go in to the break. We've preformed far better than I expected this season.

Conceding that goal so early really kicked us in the ass. Everyone responded well.

19 from 21 points is a good start too and it's not going to be long before RDM starts getting some of the credit. We looked good moving the ball today.

See, our performances in preseason were irrelevant.
Even though I know this, pre season results will continue to scare me :lol

Conceding that goal so early really kicked us in the ass. Everyone responded well.

19 from 21 points is a good start too and it's not going to be long before RDM starts getting some of the credit. We looked good moving the ball today.
I was just thinking about this today. How long before RDM gets some credit and is not simply passed over as being lucky?

Come on Arsenal, this is a must win for us.

Giroud hatrick, all diving headers, Gerv to score a bicycle kick from the half way line.

Am I too optimistic today?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I was just thinking about this today. How long before RDM gets some credit and is not simply passed over as being lucky?

Probably by Christmas time. Chelsea have crushed most of the feeble opposition they've faced so far and were gifted a win by Arsenal, they haven't really had to face too many decent teams. Chelsea have some fantastic CAMs but we've seen against Stoke and QPR that they won't be this effective every week. I still think they lack options in central midfield, central defence and up front, an injury to Torres or Mikel and they would be in serious trouble.

jtb

Banned
Come on Arsenal, this is a must win for us.

Giroud hatrick, all diving headers, Gerv to score a bicycle kick from the half way line.

Am I too optimistic today?

Is Giroud even starting today? If he is (and Mertesacker is back in the side), then I'm pretty confident we can get the three points.

dc89

If you change Southampton for any of last seasons newly promoted teams City are two points better off this season coming out of like for like fixtures. If that makes sense lol

/cityhavehadabadstart

3Sixty

Good luck Hitcher and Meus. I'll lay mine for tomorrow when I return in the early hours pissed as a fart, that will end well.

Good luck Hitcher and Meus. I'll lay mine for tomorrow when I return in the early hours pissed as a fart, that will end well.

I found the Newcastle, Milan and Clasico matches far too close to call, so just went for the over/unders. If everyone fucks it up for me, I'll be happy enough. If Porto or someone let me down alone, I'll be livid :p

I changed the Newcastle bet from Over 3.5 to Over 2.5, and it nearly halved my odds. Did I dun goof by going for the 2.5?

@Andres, West Ham's theme is We're Forever Blowing Bubbles, complete with bubble-blowers :p

Probably by Christmas time. Chelsea have crushed most of the feeble opposition they've faced so far and were gifted a win by Arsenal, they haven't really had to face too many decent teams. Chelsea have some fantastic CAMs but we've seen against Stoke and QPR that they won't be this effective every week. I still think they lack options in central midfield, central defence and up front, an injury to Torres or Mikel and they would be in serious trouble.
I think Romeu could cover Mikel's position quit comfortably. And Torres, well, I'm not so sure losing him would seriously impact on us.

Meier

This Thursday, October 11th at 4:15 PM, Manchester City Soccer Club, the United Arab Emirates Embassy, the Pritzker Traubert Family Foundation, and the Chicago Park District will kick-off the grand opening of the UAE-Manchester City FC Field at Haas Park. Haas Park is located at 2402 North Washtenaw Avenue in Chicago's Logan Square neighborhood.

This will be the fourth field built in the past two years by the UAE Embassy and Manchester City under its City Soccer in the Community Program, a 501c3 committed to building fields and providing coaching to underserved communities across the USA. Previous parks have been built in New York (2012), Miami (2012), and Los Angeles (2011).
http://www.hottimeinoldtown.com/201...he-uae-embassy-open-new-chicago-soccer-field?

I love this campaign from City. I wish they'd open one here in Austin! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom