• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

near

Gold Member
Super Jan was the only player really making an effort infront of goal which says alot. Defoe's linkup play is appalling as usual, when will Spurs management see this?

Garjon

Is it me or are players themselves simply afraid of Stoke? Every team tries to go for long passing rather than neat and tidy play and it never ever works. Their play is just horrible and for all the grief I give to Allardyce, at least he actually gets his players to play well every now and then; Pulis just tells his players to get in their own half and hope they get in the way of a passing move and lump it up the field whenever you get it.

Not only that, but for a team known for its defensive play, their tackling is absolutely awful. Every challenge they make involves them trying to use their weight to bully the player off the ball to the very edge of what is acceptable to the ref (going past it often however).

On the topic of that moment when Reina almost got lobbed by Walters, he was screaming at Sahin for making himself available for the ground pass, then running forward when Reina had already started the pass. If he'd stayed still, it would have been any normal pass from Reina.

GorillaJu

I think a defensive error and a Stoke goal is imminent. They'll be able to hold out till 80 minutes when we finally ramp up the tempo and look like scoring. Begovic to make a beautiful save to deny a close range Gerrard rocket.

Yen

8062824317_c85bab7e63_o.gif

I think a defensive error and a Stoke goal is imminent. They'll be able to hold out till 80 minutes when we finally ramp up the tempo and look like scoring. Begovic to make a beautiful save to deny a close range Gerrard rocket.

I can totally see this happening. Especially since I just spent 4 points getting Suarez back in my FF team. I had him since the start of the season, couldn't score and the one week I get rid of him, he bags a hat trick. Now that he's back, he's doomed again of course.

Garjon

Are any other Chrome users getting issues with .gifs? They seem to load a couple of frames, then load half the image and then stop loading altogether; it's starting to get annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom