• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Get Giggs and Scholes and Nani off at HT.

Clev/Ando/Rooney on in their place.

We need mobile midfelders to track Tottenhams runners as we can't hold on to possession at all.

longdi

Banned
So is the Kagawa lovefest officially over?

hopefully...the guy has been invisible. bad touches, always comes to receive the ball but passes it backwards/sidewards to scholes or giggs.

but spurs being spur at OT will lose 3-2.

GorillaJu

Okay so I'm being 100% serious here, but there was way more contact on Nani than there was on Valencia last week. I've seen those called. Definitely not a dive.

scently

Get Giggs and Scholes and Nani off at HT.

Clev/Ando/Rooney on in their place.

We need mobile midfelders to track Tottenhams runners as we can't hold on to possession at all.

This is what we need to do but I promise you, he will do the exact opposite.

Clegg

Was a penalty.

Fuck it though, we've been shite.

No excures for starting Scholes and Giggs against Dembele and Sandro.

fuenf

It's hardly his fault they're behind. There's only so much he can do with what he has to work with. He's in fourth gear, everyone around him are stuck in first or are turning the ball over (Giggs) before they can get it to him..

I have to admit, i havent seen much of United this season but i always thought that he would struggle to adapt to United's style. He's a great player no doubt about it, but he was world class in Dortmund's system. Given their style of play i just dont think that United has the central midfielders to support a player like him. He would flourish in a side like Arsenal though.

dc89

Surprise surprise United don't get awarded the penalty.

HNkEM.gif

K1LLER7

No idea why spurs are dropping back, they press and they'll get another goal.

team has no movement > passing tempo is slow as fuck > very little chances.

dc89

None.

I don't like penalties anyway unless they're extremely obvious. Goals from open play are so much more satisfying.

Aguero is a pretty honest player I think. Well, he was last week against Arsenal. If he went over he'd have got the penalty.

Brinbe

Yep, that was something... Deserved scoreline so far, Spurs obviously the much, much better side atm.

Don't think any changes will help at this point.

I don't want to be an ungrateful dick, but Giggs should probably retire. Scholes shouldn't start big games.
No doubt, but we shouldn't seem like dicks for feeling that way. That's football and these guys are pros. Giving them spots simply based on experience or seniority is reasons why players like Pogba jetted when they had a chance.

Clegg

I have to admit, i havent seen much of United this season but i always thought that he would struggle to adapt to United's style. He's a great player no doubt about it, but he was world class in Dortmund's system. Given their style of play i just dont think that United has the central midfielders to support a player like him. He would flourish in a side like Arsenal though.

Thats what I've been saying for a while now.

I think he would suit us much better if Ferguson gave up his devotion to wingers and instead played with a three man midfield and Kagawa behind the striker.

He can't be expected to threaten in attack if he has to drop deeper and deeper to help our two man midfield.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Should have been a pen for Nani, but I don't give a shit. We cashed in one of our karma vouchers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom