• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Juve - Roma starts in about 90mins.

----------------- Buffon
----- Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini
Caceres - Vidal - Pirlo - Marchisio - De Ceglie
------------ Matri - Vucinic

Not feeling it. :/ Why do we insist on playing Caceres in his least favourite role? He's a CB/RB. I can only assume Isla's not nearly ready enough to start in a big match. De Ceglie was terrible in the 1st half against Genoa, but Awesomoah must rest, so we have no other option. WHERE THE FUCK IS BEST PEPE?! It was supposed to be a light injury, two months ago. Matri... Ehhh. We can only pray. I guess I would be distracted too ...

RDL_1526Small.jpg

Footballing basics.

When a team wins the ball back on the edge of their box and carries it the entire length of the field without facing one single challenge, not even a hint of challenge, you are going to have problems.

It's 110% Ferguson's fault because he refuses to invest in the weakest area of his team, and when opposing team look to expose it, he does nothing about it and offers them no protection by continuing to play 2 in the middle, one a 38 year old and another immobile player.

It's tactically inept and the complacency of Ferguson's players doesn't help.

Truly abysmal.

It would be rad if we had a left wing.

Instead Giggs has decided he's playing in Shinji's position, right in the centre where their ball winning midfielders are. It's genius.

Sanjay

I await the inevitable Utd comeback

Ps I hope it does not happen, but it will it always does.

It won't happen this time, we are piss poor form wise.

We also have Scholes, Giggs and Evra who plays like hes 40 too so legs wise we going to tire while spurs have some turbo charged players on.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm a bit worried Dawson will have to come on. Still, even if we fuck it all up, the people saying Spurs weren't good enough to cause United problems have been served their crow.
Arnie

Arnie

I'm a bit worried Dawson will have to come on. Still, even if we fuck it all up, the people saying Spurs weren't good enough to cause United problems have been served their crow.
Arnie
I have, and I took the shame on my peachy cheeks, but admittedly I didn't expect United to be this bad. They're woeful.

K1LLER7

Spurs deserve the lead and have been the better team by far.

Giggs should be off, yet Fergie will probably leave him on and take Kagawa off.

The team is dire, outplayed by Everton, Liverpool, Galatasary, Spurs and Southampton for the majoity of the match.

Sappy113

Footballing basics.

When a team wins the ball back on the edge of their box and carries it the entire length of the field without facing one single challenge, not even a hint of challenge, you are going to have problems.

It's 110% Ferguson's fault because he refuses to invest in the weakest area of his team, and when opposing team look to expose it, he does nothing about it and offers them no protection by continuing to play 2 in the middle, one a 38 year old and another immobile player.

It's tactically inept and the complacency of Ferguson's players doesn't help.

Truly abysmal.

Ferguson pretty much looks like he's done. What he did last year, with the same deficiencies, was kinda magical (in the PL at least), but the fact that CM still is such a black hole on this team... It boggles the mind.

near

Gold Member
Utd are not using Kagawa properly at all. That guy was a KING at Dortmund, such an influential player. Utd have him playing in the midfield as some sort of holding player, he makes way too many interceptions as an advanced forward.

Anyways, AVB! COYS!!!

PJX

It won't happen this time, we are piss poor form wise.

We also have Scholes, Giggs and Evra who plays like hes 40 too so legs wise we going to tire while spurs have some turbo charged players on.

Ferguson is going to bring in Webb or Hasely on after half time so comeback will be inevitable.

Ferguson pretty much looks like he's done. What he did last year, with the same deficiencies, was kinda magical (in the PL at least), but the fact that CM still is such a black hole on this team... It boggles the mind.
Ferguson has never been a tactical genius but the way he lines his team up right now is bordering on negligent. It is so easy to attack this team. It doesn't take remarkable players or effort, just simple and direct pressure through the spine and you will get chances.

I thought the defending on the first goal was bad, with the LB running past 5/6 players unchallenged.

Remarkably, it got worse.

GorillaJu

Utd are not using Kagawa properly at all. That guy was a KING at Dortmund, such an influential player. Utd have him playing in the midfield as some sort of holding player, he makes way too many interceptions as an advanced forward.

Anyways, AVB! COYS!!!

I don't think so at all, re: kagawa. They have him in the hole, the problem is that the passing around the middle is so bad that he has to come into deep positions to pick it up, and he just loses it right away because he's marked so heavily.

Also, being king in Bundesliga isn't the same as being king in the PL. Some players from other leagues adapt right away (like Cazorla). Some need time. I think Shinji needs time.

Zabojnik

Nicklas Bendtner ‏@bendtnerb52
"Staying positiv even in the most difficult situations can be hard, but builds caracter and belief for better when the situation rises again"

OHMMMMMMM OHMMMMMM

A3-RDi8CUAETdeg.jpg

near

Gold Member
I don't think so at all, re: kagawa. They have him in the hole, the problem is that the passing around the middle is so bad that he has to come into deep positions to pick it up, and he just loses it right away because he's marked so heavily.

Also, being king in Bundesliga isn't the same as being king in the PL. Some players from other leagues adapt right away (like Cazorla). Some need time. I think Shinji needs time.

Something like that yeah I agree. Its definitely not the same Kagawa, and he isn't getting the service he needs to support Persie from the midfield. Sad really, but I can't say I'm not excited right now.

Totakeke

If the defence (midfield) is going to be so depressing, I'd rather be entertained seeing De Gea making acrobatic saves and fumbling on crosses. De Gea for Lindergaard, screw the other changes. You probably need to make more changes than allowed for the screwup anyway.

Sappy113

Ferguson has never been a tactical genius but the way he lines his team up right now is bordering on negligent. It is so easy to attack this team. It doesn't take remarkable players or effort, just simple and direct pressure through the spine and you will get chances.

I thought the defending on the first goal was bad, with the LB running past 5/6 players unchallenged.

Remarkably, it got worse.

Yup, not much else to say than that. Probably everyone knows Ferguson rarely betters his opponent through tactical masterstrokes, but right now, nothing much seems to work for him. Last weeks result against Liverpool was excellent on the scoreboard, but the effort of the players didn't really reflect any of it.

This United team need to have it's entire spine rebuilt, and I'm not sure Ferguson is around anymore for long enough to see that through to the end.

K1LLER7

If the defence (midfield) is going to be so depressing, I'd rather be entertained seeing De Gea making acrobatic saves and fumbling on crosses. De Gea for Lindergaard, screw the other changes. You probably need to make more changes than allowed for the screwup anyway.

we need some Bebe

near

Gold Member
I have, and I took the shame on my peachy cheeks, but admittedly I didn't expect United to be this bad. They're woeful.

To be honest we're making them look bad, closing down, counters, and very good build up play. Sandro, and Dembele have been destroying the Utd midfield.

GorillaJu

oh ok. I know many south koreans who hate the song. thought you were one of them :)

Haha, no. I actually don't hate the song, it's a throwaway pop diddy. I just can't fathom the amount of people who think the video is funny. The kids who I coach football to do the stupid dance around the pitch and they think that the dude in the elevator pumping his pelvis is hilarious. They're 9 and 10 years old.

It's pretty hard to do a genuinely funny music video, and the funniest ones aren't intentional. But the hype.. it's out of control.

To be honest we're making them look bad, closing down, counters, and very good build up play. Sandro, and Dembele have been destroying the Utd midfield.
What midfield?

Credit to Spurs, they're doing what they have to.

But Everton, Southampton, Fulham, Wigan and Galatasary have all more or less done the same thing.

Spurs have just finished their chances off...not the best finishes either as it happens.

Ferguson has crossed the line on doggedness for rotation and experience in this starting lineup. Carrick-Scholes are built for mid-table or continental sides that don't play high-tempo pressing football. Look at how isolated RVP and Kagawa are. They're completely out of the game. I can't believe I'm starting to feel sympathy for Rooney but it just goes to show how static United's midfield has become. Our midweek league cup midfield was definitely more suited for this game.

If it was me, I'd change it up like so:

----Anderson--Carrick--Clevgod
--------------Shinji
------------RVP----Rooney

Rooney dropping deep and the fullbacks overlapping of course. Nani is in dreadful form, Scholes will tire and our midfield badly needs the re-jig. But this is Fergie, so I expect the 442 shape.

Hixx

Only undefeated club in England
3AQmK.gif

We were about as shit as Howard Webb in the first half. Worst ref in the league. Once they had that lad sent off we were in absolute control.

Mignolet made two top class saves in the first half, one will probably be save of the season.

Fletch 5 in 4
3AQmK.gif

Good day for my FPL team too OOOOOOOOh I am giddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom