• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

fuenf

I just meant that I agreed with this part. He just disappears. I don't know about Bayern but Germany is definitely set no doubt. I love Neuer btw he is probably my favorite keeper in the world. I even remember when he was with Schalke he came flying out of the box with a header to clear the ball. I think an Inter player scored from midfield on the clearance anyway but it looked awesome. Neuer has heart and not all players do (robben)

i have to agree with everything you set.

fuenf

I think Kroos will eventually be a better CM than Schweinsteiger, as you said he is already better in some aspects and he's just 22 years old.

But, Schweinsteiger is a complete midfielder. Only Yaya Toure and Vidal are complete midfielders like him, so he's a very special player.

If I had to choose, I would rather have Schweinsteiger than Xavi for example. Xavi is the best CM but Schweinsteiger is more of a complete package.

Isnt Alonso Spain's Schweini? Sure he's a little bit more defensive-minded but so is Schweini in important games. Well it wont matter anyway i fully expect Germany to switch to a Kroos-Schweini partnerschip for the 2014 WC.

elsk

Banned
Isnt Alonso Spain's Schweini? Sure he's a little bit more defensive-minded but so is Schweini in important games. Well it wont matter anyway i fully expect Germany to switch to a Kroos-Schweini partnerschip for the 2014 WC.

I think Alonso is more like... Javi Martínez. Schweinsteiger is actually a deep-lying playmaker, while being a good defensive mid, and also an attacking midfielder :p

It really should be the best two (in form) of Bender/Gündogan/Schweinsteiger/Khedira. Kroos sucks as CM and always will.

Slizz

I think Alonso is more like... Javi Martínez. Schweinsteiger is actually a deep-lying playmaker, while being a good defensive mid, and also an attacking midfielder :p

Remember when Schweinsteiger had pace and was a winger?? Lol seems like forever ago but it really hasn't been that long. Thats why he's awesome, he slid right into that CDM/CM role perfectly.

elsk

Banned
It really should be the best two (in form) of Bender/Gündogan/Schweinsteiger/Khedira. Kroos sucks as CM and always will.

I thought he played as CM today? I think he works well as CM if you have a DM like Luiz Gustavo/Busquets behind him.

I think Schweinsteiger/Bender(Lars, I guess) is the best option for Germany.

Remember when Schweinsteiger had pace and was a winger?? Lol seems like forever ago but it really hasn't been that long. Thats why he's awesome, he slid right into that CDM/CM role perfectly.

Haha, yeah... actually he still makes some runs. He's everywhere on the pitch, you can watch playing him playing on the wing like one/two times per match actually.

fuenf

A Bender/Gündogan - Schweini - Kroos midfield would be orgasmic (it would also open up the possibility of playing both Reus and Götze), but Löw would never bench the two Madrid divas.

elsk

Banned
A Bender/Gündogan - Schweini - Kroos midfield would be orgasmic (it would also open up the possibility of playing both Reus and Götze), but Löw would never bench the two Madrid divas.

What happened with Khedira today btw? I saw he got subbed in the HT for Kroos. I guess is because Ireland wasn't attacking at all?

Anyway, I think Khedira is an average player. And not on level with the rest of Germany national team. He plays with hearth but he isn't that good to play on the same level as the rest of the squad.

He reminds me of Roger Espinoza, both are very similar.

I thought he played as CM today? I think he works well as CM if you have a DM like Luiz Gustavo/Busquets behind him.

I think Schweinsteiger/Bender(Lars, I guess) is the best option for Germany.

Like I watched that match tonight lol. Well, it doesn't matter anyway, you can always play well as anything when you're already 4-0 up.

If Löw was a good coach, he'd somehow fit Gündogan in. I'm not joking, Gündogan has become so fucking good, he's like our best player and only few people noticed it.

fuenf

What happened with Khedira today btw? I saw he got subbed in the HT for Kroos. I guess is because Ireland wasn't attacking at all?

Anyway, I think Khedira is an average player. And not on level with the rest of Germany national team. He plays with hearth but he isn't that good to play on the same level as the rest of the squad.

He reminds me of Roger Espinoza, both are very similar.

he was invisible during the first half but i think the official explanation was that he picked of a minor injury and was subbed off as a precaution.

Like I watched that match tonight lol. Well, it doesn't matter anyway, you can always play well as anything when you're already 4-0 up.

If Löw was a good coach, he'd somehow fit Gündogan in. I'm not joking, Gündogan has become so fucking good, he's like our best player and only few people noticed it.

being the best player on a mediocre team isnt saying much. ;) but kidding aside who should he play for? he's worse than Schweini or Kroos (at least this season's Kroos), that only leaves Khedira as the odd man out.

Salsa

we doing alright. Nervous as fuck every time the ball approaches messi but we did a lot better this last 10 mins

elsk

Banned

He should've replaced Schweinsteiger when he was out, but no way he could play ahead of a fit Schweinsteiger.

K1LLER7

Just realised Ozil cut his hair :O

217815hp2.jpg

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mexico vs Guyana: Jonathan Orozco, Israel Jiménez, 'Maza' Rodríguez, Héctor Moreno, Jorge Torres Nilo, Gerardo Torrado, 'Sinha', Javier Aquino, Andrés Guardado, 'Chicharito y Oribe Peralta.

smh

fuenf

How good is Antigua anyway? I always thought those carinbbean teams are the Central American equivalent of Cyprus / San Marino etc.

elsk

Banned
How good is Antigua anyway? I always thought those carinbbean teams are the Central American equivalent of Cyprus / San Marino etc.

Caribbean countries are shit, Jamaica are the only good ones. I would think Cyprus is at least 10x better than Antigua.

Mumei

Oh my. I actually saw this OT when I checked a friend's phone. And I actually didn't ban Wilbury. He made the mistake of venturing out of this topic and posting cheeky stanzas to troll Meus. No one trolls Meus, 'cept the mods.

You guys are the best. <3

being the best player on a mediocre team isnt saying much. ;) but kidding aside who should he play for? he's worse than Schweini or Kroos (at least this season's Kroos), that only leaves Khedira as the odd man out.

I don't even care because it won't happen anyway. But the point is that Gündogan will be the perfect CM/DM in the near future. He doesn't suck in defense, is a sure short range passer, can make great long range passes and is dangerous with far distance shots. That's pretty much what Schweinsteiger/Sahin are. But he's faster and makes better dribblings, thus much better in attack. You can use him in a counter attack team and in a possession keeping team, he'll fit.

I'm a bit drunk but Gündogan really is amazing. I wish he signed a contract until 2025 or something.

fuenf

Not good, thats why its super annoying.

If it's any consolation Klinsmann sucked in the build up of the 2006 World Cup too, oftentimes he doesnt take these matches too serious and tries out various tactics, which usually wont work.
He's great at motivating a team for a tourney, though. When / If you qualify you'll be fine and will cause some trouble in Brazil.

Slizz

If it's any consolation Klinsmann sucked in the build up of the 2006 World Cup too, oftentimes he doesnt take these matches too serious and tries out various tactics, which usually wont work.
He's great at motivating a team for a tourney, though. When / If you qualify you'll be fine and will cause some trouble in Brazil.

Yup, he's constantly changing everything and the thing we've been missing the most is a consistent striker and we still don't have it. Demspey isn't a true striker. Jozy Altidore hates to run for the USMNT. Gomez looked shit today. Ugh lol.

Slizz

what happened to him? he was supposed to be the next great striker

Apparently all it takes a random blow to the head to diminish skills permanently it seems.

EDIT: Because he hasn't been the same since he ran into the goal post during international training.

Top Bottom