• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Apparently M'Vila has been banned from representing France for 2 years following him breaking curfew and visiting a night club whilst on National duty.

I posted a story about the offense when it happened.. he wasn't alone. There were 2 or 3 other guys with him (it was for their U-21 team). That's a rough penalty but probably well-deserved. I believe the loss the next day knocked them out of the U-21 WCQ or something.

Edit: Looks like it was for the U-21 Euro qualifications.. they were eliminated due to the loss the next day. This Sky story mentions the others: http://www1.skysports.com/football/...dfielder-Yann-M-Vila-will-miss-2014-World-Cup

Four other players who went to a nightclub with M'Vila - Wissam Ben Yedder, Antoine Griezmann, Chris Mavinga and Mbaye Niang - have been banned until the end of 2013.
Griezmann has been a FM wonderkid and of course so has Niang (I don't know the other two but Mavinga is apparently a teammate of M'Vila's at Rennes). Niang was sold to Milan at the end of the last transfer window after a number of Premier League teams were interested.

dc89

Looks like 3 playable characters in GTA5 then.

Mafioso
Street-gangster
Corrupt cop

I'm guessing?

TB2Tl.jpg

ShogunX

Despite the fact that he deserves his chance I just cant ever see Adam Morgan being a regular for a premier league side. Same thing for Connor Coady.

Also the knob head Anzhi fan who keeps doing that whistle needs to fuck right off.

Get up Zhirkov you little tit

Shelvey's started well

@Shogun, Morgan has at least 1 attribute which will see him do OK in his career, even if it won't necessarily be at Liverpool or in the Premier League. Just don't see it with Coady though

Tc91

I posted a story about the offense when it happened.. he wasn't alone. There were 2 or 3 other guys with him (it was for their U-21 team). That's a rough penalty but probably well-deserved. I believe the loss the next day knocked them out of the U-21 WCQ or something.

Edit: Looks like it was for the U-21 Euro qualifications.. they were eliminated due to the loss teh next day. This Sky story mentions the others: http://www1.skysports.com/football/...dfielder-Yann-M-Vila-will-miss-2014-World-Cup

Griezmann has been a FM wonderkid and of course so has Niang (I don't know the other two but Mavinga is apparently a teammate of M'Vila's at Rennes. Niang was sold to Milan at the end of the last transfer window after a number of Premier League teams were interested.

What a waste. No wonder Wenger wouldn't bring him to Arsenal if he's causing trouble for France u21! Also he's in trouble with Rennes the last I read he's been dropped and told to train with the youth team.

ShogunX

#NUFC (4-2-3-1) v #Brugge: Krul; Anita, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Tavernier; Bigirimana, Tiote; Obertan, Marveaux, Sa Ameobi; Sh Ameobi.

Decent team that. Was going to bet on Brugge but with Tiote and Bobby Moore playing I expect a Newcastle win. Unless of course Colocinni is still having night terrors from his run in with everyone's favourite Uruguayan.

Played in Belgium for 7 years it looks like. Probably took on nationality to get an EU passport.

He got the Belgian nationality indeed, like Igor De Camargo who now plays for Belgium. Joao Carlos was meant to feature for the national team too but then golden generation happened. Now he's got no chance to play with the likes of Kompany, Vertonghen, Vermaelen, Lombaerts ahead of him.

Carbonox

Brugge have lost their last 5 games at least and also saw their manager getting the sack recently. Their team is decimated with injuries too. We've got this.

Surprised Cisse isn't playing. Shouldn't have played him against Liverpool but Pardew hasn't got a backbone. Then again, Sammy and Shola are playing together. Together they'll form Sammyola Ameoboid, destroying the entire country of Belgium.

Downing has not even attempted to beat his man yet.

Tbf, this pitch is utter dogshit for dribbling. The ball is travelling at about two thirds the normal speed

Anyone willing to do me a huge favour and send me £20 over paypal or bank transfer, in return for using my free £20 horse racing bet on bwin?

Decent team that. Was going to bet on Brugge but with Tiote and Bobby Moore playing I expect a Newcastle win. Unless of course Colocinni is still having night terrors from his run in with everyone's favourite Uruguayan.

Don't bet on Brugge unless you like to lose money, they just fired their manager last week end after an abysmal run, their team is in shambles. Even Kyoufu wouldn't do that.

Surprised Cisse isn't playing. Shouldn't have played him against Liverpool but Pardew hasn't got a backbone. Then again, Sammy and Shola are playing together. Together they'll form Sammyola Ameoboid, destroying the entire country of Belgium.

I'm packing my waffles as we speak.

Meier

Traore goals ounds lovely from the ESPN gamecast. Anyone got a gif? FM wonderkids turning out to be as good as advertised is always fun.

Also, Jones should have stayed on his line, forcing him to take an awkward volley. Carragher was coming in from the side and Coates was sprinting back, so he wouldn't have been able to get into the box. Gave him an easy lob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom