• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I remember the reports over the summer. Was supposed to be pretty much a done deal, at one point.

Looks like the rumors said he was set to go for £6.4m. He ended up selling for £14.4m so I'm not sure how valid the Liverpool reports were. Either way, he would have been a good value at that price as well.

Keio

For a Finer World
Celtic Chief Executive Peter Lawwell praised “Barça’s class on and off the pitch.” According to Lawwell, “the sign of true class is not how you win, but how you lose and last night they demonstrated that perfectly.” He added: “Throughout their visit to Glasgow and indeed across both Champions League matches they demonstrated courtesy, co-operation, professionalism and sportsmanship of the highest order.

“Barça have created one of the greatest football teams of all time and last night it was a privilege to see the best players in the world at Celtic Park - they give so much to football and deserve huge praise for all they have done,” said Lawwell. “It was very poignant that two football clubs with such a similar ethos came together to mark these events and it is something which will live long in the memory,” concluded Celtic's Chief Executive.
Nice. Congrats to Celtic again, nice to see both teams & organizations being so classy.

Shop window.

Still doesn't make sense. He's driving his value down with every touch, every pant and every huff. Better to leave him put and pretend he's decent than to play him, harm the team and confirm that he's incapable of either kicking a ball properly, or jogging for 5 minutes

Feorax

Yup. Was supposed to be done in late June, right on the heels of the 20M signing of Gaston Ramirez -- which also never happened.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/329513/Liverpool-set-to-close-deal-on-Lacina-Traore

Might be something to do with all of Kenny's and Comolli's transfer documents being disintegrated by FSG.

Still doesn't make sense. He's driving his value down with every touch, every pant and every huff. Better to leave him put and pretend he's decent than to play him, harm the team and confirm that he's incapable of either kicking a ball properly, or jogging for 5 minutes

True, but if we don't play him then the same applies. At least if he gets the odd game, he might just fluke a lucky goal or something and have some sort of appeal.

Apparently Lille want him back.

Keio

For a Finer World
Howay the lads!

Nice to see a decent team on the pitch even with 8 changes to weekend. Do we actually have some depth? Nah.

Fry

Missed the first half, didn't think going to the post office would take me a whole fucking hour.

Class goal by Anzhi, honestly I don't expect a result from this match, but a draw would be good enough. It's needed because isn't the game against Udinese in Italy?

It'll be tough to qualify for the next round.

Thats your best bet. These days a fair few games are going to general sale but for a Boxing Day game demand will be high.
Urgh I would've been ok buying 1 membership for 32 quid to get the tickets but apparently you can only get one ticket per member. Would end up being over 75 quid each for not great seats. Don't think I can justify that.

Cheers for replying.

Urgh I would've been ok buying 1 membership for 32 quid to get the tickets but apparently you can only get one ticket per member. Would end up being over 75 quid each for not great seats. Don't think I can justify that.

Cheers for replying.
Keep checking back. May well go to general sale. They hold tickets back sometimes so there may be more available than they display.

Also alot of season ticket holders might reject their ticket cos it's Boxing Day and they're busy so those will be resold.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
OH CMON where's Sterling?

Surprisingly, I got it.

My Kenka.

148466288_extra_large_medium.jpg

Kenka

Eindhoven, you just unveiled a fantastic invention to the world with a new, cheap, safe minesweeper and now you fall apart before a tiny suburb of Stockholm?

dc89

Sorry Toon fans, but last season when City had to go to St James' and win I was shitting it. You were fearsome, dominating, capable of beating the best!

What has happened!?!

Kyoufu

Sorry Toon fans, but last season when City had to go to St James' and win I was shitting it. You were fearsome, dominating, capable of beating the best!

What has happened!?!

We didn't buy any players so the players probably aren't very confident in the club or something.

I don't know. We suck. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom