• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogunX

Well that was the most obvious result of the night. Daft how an average team like Anzhi find themselves top of the group but I guess that what happens when you prioritise getting beat on Sunday over qualification in Europe.

First eleven have to be played against Young Boys now.

I'd gesticulate if text allowed it.

You seem upset. Did your team lose again?

I'm not upset just asking a question of why you are making poor posts.

No offense Liverpool-Gaf but I hope you crash out of this group just like Spurs did last year for sending a reserve side to Russia that was always going to lose.

Yen

No offense Liverpool-Gaf but I hope you crash out of this group just like Spurs did last year for sending a reserve side to Russia that was always going to lose.
Should we have played our first team? Bearing in mind we play Chelsea on Sunday

dc89

B-Rod = he likes to use the youngsters in this competition and rotate his squad.
AVB = he see's it as 'we're in it, lets try and win it' and often plays as many key players as possible.

Which is the best approach?

Fry

Remember when Newcastle's best ever team won fuck all and bottled it every time they got near a trophy? Good times

¬¬

ibmN2OfYymdQQs.gif

D_prOdigy

B-Rod = he likes to use the youngsters in this competition and rotate his squad.
AVB = he see's it as 'we're in it, lets try and win it' and often plays as many key players as possible.

You know the answer, but annoyingly, most of Spurs's players don't seem to even want it.

Depends. We kind of need to start clawing our way up the table, and we don't have the squad, especially up front, to risk playing our better players in every EL match

Should we have played our first team? Bearing in mind we play Chelsea on Sunday

What's the best you can hope for this season ? Qualifying for next year's Europa League, lol.

So if you lose to Chelsea anyway then can we agree that this reserve squad was a mistake?

At least a mix of first team and youngsters might of had a chance but Anzhi sleepwalked through the team you put out there today. That's how they rest their players for their big Sunday game.

Keep checking back. May well go to general sale. They hold tickets back sometimes so there may be more available than they display.

Also alot of season ticket holders might reject their ticket cos it's Boxing Day and they're busy so those will be resold.
Cool, will keep looking. Know when they might go on general sale?

FootballFan

I was watching the Chelsea game and refreshing GAF for news on other games. I saw Celtic scored and I thought "wow maybe they can get something out of that game" then someone here posted "Messi hit the bar!" and then I fucking knew it was going to be Celtic's night so I put in a Draw No Bet on them to win.

You're welcome, I was the one that said he hit the bar. Give me half of your winnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom