• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure our first goal was offside? :p

Their penalty wasn't a penalty either but that's what you get from the shitty Italian refs.
I don't understand what you're talking about, how is this not a penalty?
It was a clear foul inside the box.

ilPxaT2Yr1lOa.gif

And you know that Cunsteiner should have been sent off, right?
I mean, i agree about italian refs being shitty and making shocking decisions but we didn't have any of them in our favour against juve.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
:lol Watching an MLS game between New York Red Bulls and DC United. DC United keeper gives away a penalty and gets sent off. Sub keeper comes on, NY take the penalty and score. Ref makes Kenny Cooper retake it, for encroachment, and then the keeper saves it. Think I'll stay up for the rest of this.

Our goalie is an idiot and always gets red cards for that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't understand what you're talking about, how is this not a penalty?
It was a clear foul inside the box.

http://i.minus.com/ilPxaT2Yr1lOa.gif[IMG]

And you know that Cunsteiner should have been sent off, right?
I mean, i agree about italian refs being shitty and making shocking decisions but we didn't have any of them in our favour against juve.[/QUOTE]

It was the trip on Diego right? It looked outside to me on another angle.

[img]http://i.minus.com/j4PbGS2tKvWuj.jpg

He called a foul on Marchisio, unless Diego's slip was the foul? Pretty fucking stupid by Claudio either way ://
-

Was his first yellow card deserved? (I don't know btw) Yellows and reds are dependent on the referee's judgement.

Anyway, I don't think the game was won or lost by the referee. We underestimated Inter (lol at Marotta's comment) and we paid for it.

Fintan

DC United win with a late goal. I'm surprised Henry took neither the penalty nor a last minute free kick that Red Bulls received at the end.

EDIT: Actually Henry is the one who encroached for the penalty.

It was the trip on Diego right? It looked outside to me on another angle.

He called a foul on Marchisio, unless Diego's slip was the foul? Pretty fucking stupid by Claudio either way ://
-

Was his first yellow card deserved? (I don't know btw) Yellows and reds are dependent on the referee's judgement.

Anyway, I don't think the game was won or lost by the referee. We underestimated Inter (lol at Marotta's comment) and we paid for it.

If you look closely you can see that when Marchisio starts pulling Milito's shirt he is the only one outside the box, his arm is inside and when Milito is fouled(a second later, before he slips) he is inside too.

Your photo looks shopped :lol

aEL1C.png

Lich first yellow wasn't that bad, but trying to jump with the elbow so high is pretty stupid. The other foul was like a minute later(and much worse than this one), if Alessio didn't sub him off after a few minutes he would have been sent off for sure.

ibeITEl4fkyvR7.gif

Meier

Just got home from the Noel Gallagher show. He's doing a co-headlining tour with Snow Patrol but at least a our show, he was the middle band. Fucking fantastic as always. Jake Bugg was the opener and the kid knocked me on my ass. His EP is great and he just nails it in person. Incredible, the kid looks about 12 or 13 and then just belts out these amazing songs.

Snow Patrol were good but we left a bit early.

GorillaJu

Leighton Baines – best PL footballer of 12-13 season thus far. Agree/disagree?

I think Suarez, Mata and RVP are all in contention, but at the moment Baines has to be tops. He's Everton's best attacking player and he's also a damn fine defender as well.

GorillaJu

And he's not a dirty JT like Suarez and RVP.

Yeah he's an admirable character as well. Everton would never do business with us for such a key player but I can't even imagine how much better I'd feel if we had Johnson/Baines as our two fullbacks. Both are great and both probably don't get as much credit as they deserve, at least in terms of their value to their respective teams.

Fry

I deleted it and cropped it.

oH, it's a picture about some cunts anyway.

JK. Funny that I showed the video of Cantona kung fu kicking the fan to my sister just a few minutes ago. She was playing Fifa with the Classic XI that has Cantona in it, and her boyfriend was using Man Utd. So he came up, and I showed it to her.

dc89

Thiago Messi is less than a week old and he's been signed up by Newell's Old Boys, the club where his father started his career.

His grandfather, Jorge (Lionel Messi's dad), was involved in the deal as the family are all fans of the club.

He obviously won't play for a while :p

neoanarch

Thiago Messi is less than a week old and he's been signed up by Newell's Old Boys, the club where his father started his career.

His grandfather, Jorge (Lionel Messi's dad), was involved in the deal as the family are all fans of the club.

He obviously won't play for a while :p

He became a member of the club. Newells haven't signed him if that is what you are implying. By member I mean associate or official supporter, I've never really understood how that works. If its fan owned presumably he gets a vote.

Yen

Wow, looks like Donegal GAA manager Jim McGuinness is going to join Celtic as a coach. He took Donegal from being a team of no hopers to All-Ireland champions, using catenaccio tactics. Odd that he's switching sport.
Edit : seems he's going to be youth coach 3 days a week.

sohois

Wow, looks like Donegal GAA manager Jim McGuinness is going to join Celtic as a coach. He took Donegal from being a team of no hopers to All-Ireland champions, using catenaccio tactics. Odd that he's switching sport.

Does anyone remember when Clive Woodward tried to get into football coaching and joined Southampton? Guess that didn't really work out, wonder if this effort will end the same way.

Though, I guess given Britain's success at the Olympics Woodward is clearly a talented coach and manager outside of just Rugby.

dc89

He became a member of the club. Newells haven't signed him if that is what you are implying. By member I mean associate or official supporter, I've never really understood how that works. If its fan owned presumably he gets a vote.

Cool!! Thanks for clarifying that!! I should know better to trust Fox Soccer's misleading Twitter feed.

"Never too early? Argentine club Newell's Old Boys signs Lionel Messi's infant son, Thiago."

Blablurn

Big news coming from Bayern!

hoeness-feiert-514.jpg

According to Hoeneß we're getting a new investor soon! Like Adidas and Audi the new investor will get shares for like 100m €. If everything works out, we could finally pay off the Allianz Arena. And if that that happens, we will have a huuuuuge stream of money since we dont have to take care of any debts anymore.

Wilbur

Banned
DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom