• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

I wouldn't worry, our midfield at the moment looks like this:

Parker (injured)
Dembele (injured)
Sandro (doubtful)
Livermore (doubtful)
Huddlestone
Carroll

If Yaya bothers to turn up (which he hasn't so far this season) you'll easily cut through us. Our only hope is that Maicon plays.

Well Maicon is fit and can play! Zabaleta had a pretty good game against Ajax on the whole, I'd expect him to start.

Yeah, no one's letting him go in Jan.
Dunno who'll go for him. Mou alluded to to his contract nearing its expiration or something.

He seems to be a gold digger (or his agent or whoever), so he'll want a hefty wage and we won't ever sell him under 15-20m euros or to Bayern.
If he insisted on going to Bayern then I think the top brass would be ready to force him to stay and let his contract run out unless he really starts to go batshit and bang doors - which I don't think he'll do.

RIP jack

Jack+Duckworth+outside+Rovers+with+pint+thumbs+up.jpg

Lewandowski is cup tied. He won't leave in January.

In summer of course. Sorry, I thought that was clear, no way that we would let him go in January.

http://www.abload.de/img/kloppskivlohz.gif[IMG]
Meh, I'm getting tired of him.
If we had a second, technically strong, yet powerful DM (not someone like Leitner), we could try to play with just a false 9 up front (Reus, Perisic) and go for the MF buffer overflow (kinda like Spain did at the Euro).
I hope Schieber will get more play time to be a worthy substitute once Lewandowski leaves.[/QUOTE]

Why another DM? I'd say someone like Mainz Schürrle:
Schürrle
Reus-Götze-Kuba

Could be awesome but would change a lot at the same time. We'd need to completely change the way Hummels and Subotic play. The long balls wouldn't work without a true striker and I imagine we would play like shit for some weeks (months?). We should just get that other cheap Polish guy lol.

Wilbur

Banned
Guardian say:

Still, intriguing to see where Kagawa fits in with both Rooney and Van Persie in the side. They've been more balanced since he got injured. There's a touch of the Verons about this one.

It's not like we'd consider it if Lewandowski stayed, either. You'll just buy Lewandowski and be happy.
I don't really want him.

He is good, just we don't need him AT ALL.

Give us Ilkay. Plz :(

Guardian say:

Still, intriguing to see where Kagawa fits in with both Rooney and Van Persie in the side. They've been more balanced since he got injured. There's a touch of the Verons about this one.
No.

Clegg

Guardian say:

It's way too early to be writing off Shinji.

He hasn't been that impressive yet but he's only just arrived at United. At least give him a full season before saying whether he will/won't fit in.

dc89

Does anyone else get really pissed off when web sites don't work.

Here I am trying to get Club Nintendo to work so I can redeem all my codes from my 3DS games to check out what free stuff I can get and does it want to work... NO.

FUCKADOKODKWJDIQWHDIHWAIHDI WOAHAWIH EIHIRHQ

D_prOdigy

Does anyone else get really pissed off when web sites don't work.

Here I am trying to get Club Nintendo to work so I can redeem all my codes from my 3DS games to check out what free stuff I can get and does it want to work... NO.

FUCKADOKODKWJDIQWHDIHWAIHDI WOAHAWIH EIHIRHQ

The whole site is being refurbed. Stars Catalogue will be down for a couple of weeks so I'd wait.

Ferguson said today that he thinks RVP, Rooney and Hernandez will all get to 20 goals this season.

RVP is on 11, Hernandez on 6, Rooney on 3. (So 20 between them so far, about 1/3 in to the season).

Can you see it happening? I could see them getting to 60 between them, with RVP getting most of them, but can't see all 3 getting 20 each. It would be awesome if it did happen though, they're all capable of it, but I don't see the chances falling that equally.

Why not bring Lukaku back and give him a chance or promote Feruz?

I do like Feruz from what I have seen of him in the youth cup. I hope we give Lukaku at least a season to prove himself at Chelsea but we do need 2/3 strikers. If Torres and Sturridge got injured/sent off we would be fucked.

Kyoufu

Ferguson said today that he thinks RVP, Rooney and Hernandez will all get to 20 goals this season.

RVP is on 11, Hernandez on 6, Rooney on 3. (So 20 between them so far, about 1/3 in to the season).

Can you see it happening? I could see them getting to 60 between them, with RVP getting most of them, but can't see all 3 getting 20 each. It would be awesome if it did happen though, they're all capable of it, but I don't see the chances falling that equally.

I can't see Hernandez getting to 20.

You would have thought Nintendo would have got their website sorted-out a bit further in advance of the launch of their new console. I can't even log-in.

login to what exactly? did they let you make Nintendo Network accounts already?

Oxx

You would have thought Nintendo would have got their website sorted-out a bit further in advance of the launch of their new console. I can't even log-in.

dc89

Fergie blanking Welbeck?

Clegg

Rooney won't score 20 if he keeps playing as deep as he is at present. That's why I want Shinji back. Rooney makes a decent enough midfielder/number 10. But he's so much better as a striker. We should continue to integrate Shinji into the squad and use an actual midfielder to do the work Rooney seems to be doing atm.

Hernandez is in good form so 20 goals is a possibility. RVP is well on his way to 20 goals. If he keeps his scoring rate up he'll hit 30 by March.

dc89

Yeah! The log in box which loads in the middle of the screen now just appears, you fill the forms out and then you can't go further, Enter or clicking Login doesn't work! :mad:

Wilbur

Banned
I don't really want him.

He is good, just we don't need him AT ALL.

Give us Ilkay. Plz :(

No.

It's way too early to be writing off Shinji.

He hasn't been that impressive yet but he's only just arrived at United. At least give him a full season before saying whether he will/won't fit in.

Agreed on Gundiegunz obvs <3 but yeah far too quick to write him off, especially a player of his quality. I wish it had worked out with Veron though, great player.

I don't think Rooney will get that many playing deep and I don't think Hernandez will get to 20, but 15's achievable.

30 from RVP
15 from Rooney
15 from Hernandez
5 from Welbeck (if we're fucking lucky)
10-15 between Young, Nani and Valencia
47 from Clev
48 from Evra

We're sorted.

Agreed on Gundiegunz obvs <3 but yeah far too quick to write him off, especially a player of his quality. I wish it had worked out with Veron though, great player.

I don't think Rooney will get that many playing deep and I don't think Hernandez will get to 20, but 15's achievable.

30 from RVP
15 from Rooney
15 from Hernandez
5 from Welbeck (if we're fucking lucky)
10-15 between Young, Nani and Valencia
47 from Clev
48 from Evra

We're sorted.
You forgot Shinji.

Knew you were just bandwagon-ing.

No one's going to (want to) leave unless we keep under-performing in the league and won't make it into CL spots, which is pretty unlikely.
Everyone's on long-term contracts and even the "stars" like Götze/Reus are supposed to have release clauses that activate in 2014.

Only Lewandowski (2014) or Subotic (2014) are more or less likely to leave. Klopp's sort of like a father figure for Subotic so I don't think he'll leave either.
Großkreutz & Schmelzer (both 2014) are very likely to stay as well.

Gündogan (2015) came from a lowly club and signed a contract after Sahin's costly departure. It sort of shocked the club (because he had a very low rel. clause built in) as they didn't seem to pay too much attention to such clauses before, so I really don't think Gündogan has a release clause at all.

Why another DM? I'd say someone like Mainz Schürrle:
Schürrle
Reus-Götze-Kuba

Could be awesome but would change a lot at the same time. We'd need to completely change the way Hummels and Subotic play. The long balls wouldn't work without a true striker and I imagine we would play like shit for some weeks (months?). We should just get that other cheap Polish guy lol.

We have 2 Schürrles: Reus & Perisic.
With second technically strong/play-making DM we don't need long balls, we didn't really need them in 2010/2011 either. This long-ball tactic was sort of born out of necessity because Gündogan couldn't replace Sahin right away. It works, but we don't have to play this way.
So if we had someone like Leitner next to Gündogan, but someone who's also strong defensively, we could sort of a do Spain/Barca tiki taka.
Neither Bender nor Kehl (who won't be an option past 2013 anyways and will probably just sit around like Da Silva in 11/12) can do tiki taka, so when we'll sign a substitute for Kehl I hope he'll be close to someone like Biscuit or Yaya (of course I step below them).
Klopp did already sort of try that in the last cup game (of course with Lewandowski, but also with Leitner/Gündogan).

dc89

Pre-emptive mind games for when he takes over at United.

Pep will out class him! Pep V Mourinho in the PL - going to be amazing! Speaking of Madrid!

uD2ax.png

The blue signifies available seats for the City V Madrid game. Shame I'm at work, or I'd snap two up right now.

:(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pep will out class him! Pep V Mourinho in the PL - going to be amazing! Speaking of Madrid!

uD2ax.png

The blue signifies available seats for the City V Madrid game. Shame I'm at work, or I'd snap two up right now.

:(

Wait empty seats are blue? Is that why City are called the blue side of Manchester?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Balotelli can destroy teams in other ways.

Yes, by stamping on them then taking late penalties. I didn't forget Lescott elbowing Kaboul in the face in that game as well. That was the worst game of the season for me, even worse than the 5-2 and all the shite later on. City should have been down to 9, we missed a tap-in, then King gave away the only penalty we gave away all season. Awful day, we came within a gnat's bollock hair of winning then cocked it all up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom