• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Where is Scatt Porker these days?

Injured I believe. Spurs' midfield is looking decimated.

Another thing from Guardian live blog, makes a good point I think.

3.05pm:BobbyWestside asks: "Are Manchester CIty underachieving domestically? How much to blame is the new non-English speaking defensive coach for just three clean sheets this season?"

Jacob replies:
Plus the use of the back three and the Lescott-Kompany partnership being broken up. I sometimes get the sense that Mancini is trying to show how clever he is.

Has City's defence really been THAT bad though.

They've conceded 9 in the league. Chelsea have conceded 10 and United 14.

Don't think any of those teams have a solid defence right now but I don't think City's is that calamitous. Been dodgy in Europe I suppose.

Bundesliga-GAF: Is it this weekend when Bayern is playing Eintracht Frankfurt, or is it next weekend?

Yeah this weekend, on Saturday:

skUEY.png

They're unlikely to get anything, but a win.

Wilbur

Banned
Has City's defence really been THAT bad though.

They've conceded 9 in the league. Chelsea have conceded 10 and United 14.

Don't think any of those teams have a solid defence right now but I don't think City's is that calamitous. Been dodgy in Europe I suppose.

I think the more pertinent question is, is Mancini trying to prove himself a better manager than he is?

I'd hazard a guess that a lot of the rotation and formation changing is testing himself a little, which is admirable I suppose, but I don't think he's a good enough manager to warrant fucking around to the extent he has.

Meier

Another thing from Guardian live blog, makes a good point I think.

Joleon is not a great player and his header in the QPR game last year almost cost us the title, but he and Vinnie worked so well together last year. I get that Mancini is thinking of the future, but at the same point in time, I think he's moving too fast with Nastasic.

If this were FM, I'd replace him immediately but this is real life where it's not quite as easy to tinker with success.

Joleon is not a great player and his header in the QPR game last year almost cost us the title, but he and Vinnie worked so well together last year. I get that Mancini is thinking of the future, but at the same point in time, I think he's moving too fast with Nastasic.

If this were FM, I'd replace him immediately but this is real life where it's not quite as easy to tinker with success.
Nastasic isn't really making mistakes though.

Kompany is probably playing worse than either Lescott or Nastasic.

dc89

Nastasic looks class for a 19 year old. He's cool, calm and collected! The only thing which will hamper him is Mancini's tampering with the system.

He's a lad, doesn't speak a great deal of English, no doubt he's still settling in and all this 4 at the back, now go 3, now go back to 4 could unnerve him a little.

Meier

Nastasic isn't really making mistakes though.

Kompany is probably playing worse than either Lescott or Nastasic.

I agree, he has looked very good and I'm excited about his future.. but you can't really phase Lescott out that quick IMO. I do like the idea of Nastasic getting all this CL experience, but as we all know, a defense really needs to gel to work at its best and constantly swapping those guys out isn't helping.

Kompany has been very disappointing this year but you can't bench your skipper. I don't think any of us will ever forget his ducking under Ronnie's shot... that one will baffle me forever.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah Kompany's been awful. I don't know why, whether the praise has got to his head a bit or all Mancini's fucking about is messing with him.

Messi

Big day for me today! I am finally going through my wardrobe and getting rid of my safety net. I no longer feel comfortable having 5-6XL t-shirts and 56-58" waist jeans. I felt like I was keeping them invade I fail. Sink or swim time body :)

I could make a nice tent out of these jeans

Big day for me today! I am finally going through my wardrobe and getting rid of my safety net. I no longer feel comfortable having 5-6XL t-shirts and 56-58" waist jeans. I felt like I was keeping them invade I fail. Sink or swim time body :)

I could make a nice tent out of these jeans

Congrats :D

Timurid

It looks like Toro are after Vargas or Zarate. I haven't heard alot about Vargas I know he came from universidad since then not much. Zarate seems like a good buy for us. So hopefully, it pans out for us.

dc89

Listening to 8-4 Play. One of the guys said Ni No Kuni looks as it has no soul.

Fuck this, I'm turning this off.

Fry

It isn't. But the whole feel of the game is uncomprehensable and archaic. Nothing about it is tight and those Context sequences...

I haven't finished it yet, but man.... At kleats the story was intresting.

At least there's the Mercenaries mode.

You're not a true gamer if you don't love the fuck out of that mode.

And playing coop is the biggest fun there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom