• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
One thing that was surprising was just how poorly we keep the ball. United, a side that in recent memory almost always was set up to counter, just bossed us in possession and never let us get into any rhythm. We can't even keep the ball against sides that aren't particularly known for keeping the ball, and that's the one thing that Arsenal have been good at even when defending terribly, missing chances, and squandering leads.

Not exactly encouraging. (Though not if it means actually crossing the ball into the box)

Bet 1 (others have won)
Man Utd win
Over 2.5 goals in Chelsea/Liverpool game = £160

Bet 2

Botafago
Malaga
St. Etienne
Espanyol
Man Utd = £145

I will be a Man Utd supporter for the next 2 hours

I copied your bet except I changed the Arsenal one to over 1.5 goals.

I'm a pro this week.

I'll be devestated if that massive bet comes in except for the Arsenal result

Think I'm done when I've emptied my betfair wallet. I started off thinking my mentality towards games would be the same, but I'd have a bit of a side-interest if results didn't go Liverpool's way. The betting has overtaken the actual football though, so I've been wanting teams I don't like to win. That is fucked up, and it'll take the joy out of football for me eventually

I've got £6.50 left in my betfair wallet, and £20 in my bwin horse-racing wallet (any tips?) and I'm done after that. I'm certainly done with including Everton, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, West Brom and Newcastle. Then I can go back to getting every fibre of my being behind them losing every weekend again. They'll still let me down, but at least I'll get the highs and the lows, rather than the constant stream of lows that betting has been throwing at me, and that's before even considering the financial black hole

Alduin

Wow. This Leeds - Watford game. Totally didn't expect any of this to happen. We haven't won a league game since 6th October.

Leeds 1-6 Watford. Leeds with 9 men and 10 minutes of added time before full time where Watford scored two goals during that time. At Elland Road too with an attendance of 19k. Glorious.

Now, we're going to face Milwall with two key players missing.

elsk

Banned
Looks like Arteta had an awesome day.

if2tEkMa9JI34.png

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Oh I love the Championship table right now. Cheers, Watford. Drops Leeds to a full 1 places behind us :D

So far so good on my bet, just need United and Juve to bring it home.

Kyoufu

I'll be devestated if that massive bet comes in except for the Arsenal result

Think I'm done when I've emptied my betfair wallet. I started off thinking my mentality towards games would be the same, but I'd have a bit of a side-interest if results didn't go Liverpool's way. The betting has overtaken the actual football though, so I've been wanting teams I don't like to win. That is fucked up, and it'll take the joy out of football for me eventually

I've got £6.50 left in my betfair wallet, and £20 in my bwin horse-racing wallet (any tips?) and I'm done after that. I'm certainly done with including Everton, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, West Brom and Newcastle. Then I can go back to getting every fibre of my being behind them losing every weekend again. They'll still let me down, but at least I'll get the highs and the lows, rather than the constant stream of lows that betting has been throwing at me, and that's before even considering the financial black hole

Here's my advice:

If you want to win money but you don't want to cheer for the status quo douchebag teams we hate (Manure etc) then simple: Bet on other leagues. La Liga, Bundesliga and Serie A are pretty good.

I suggest these teams: Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern, Dortmund.

Then play smart with over/under bets on teams you don't think will win on that day and you'll be ok.

Timurid

Here's my advice:

If you want to win money but you don't want to cheer for the status quo douchebag teams we hate (Manure etc) then simple: Bet on other leagues. La Liga, Bundesliga and Serie A are pretty good.

I suggest these teams: Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern, Dortmund.

Then play smart with over/under bets on teams you don't think will win on that day and you'll be ok.

dont bet on that team on Dec 1st.

Remember when Cazorla and Hazard looked like world beaters? Boy, that feels like a long time ago.

Just swapped Hazard for Mata and Dyer for Llalana

Dyer can fuck off. He either comes on and gets sent off when he's in my team, or he comes on and scores when he's out of it

jtb

Banned
Selective statistic tracking. What about the previous years? :p

how did he become so good?

He stopped getting injured every other month.

Plus, Adebayor was sold, so he was move up front because Wenger was too cheap to buy another striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom