• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

You could debate it, but you'd be wrong. Keeper's aren't infallible remember. Well, not since Van De Sar retired.

I'm pretty sure I can debate it and I wouldn't be wrong (or right). I'd just have a good argument.

Joe Hart is pretty overrated. He's very good yes, but he's still overrated because people don't realise goalkeepers can only do so much, the responsibility of clean sheets lies on the defenders too and City have a great back four. You can't give him all the credit and you can't say he's the best in the league unless you give other keepers equally capable defenders to back him up.

terry-racistf2jbl.gif

lololol

Someone should make one for the Sterling goal against reading when Suarez celebrates with him

Arnie

I have to disagree. It's straight at him with his entire body behind it. He literally could have just let it hit him and it would have stayed out, but he pushed it into his own net.

Obviously they shouldn't let it get to that point, if it was either side of him, or low, or above him, I'd agree, but it was the perfect height and in the middle of his body.

Fair enough. I think the quality of the position and the header was why the ball ricocheted into the net, not some glaring error from hart, personally. I like to give keepers the benefit of the doubt there, two seasons of mediocre Reina have made me soft, and accepting.

dc89

Right, one more goal in the AC game and two in this.
Lazio and Roma done!

Edit: oh! Ac Milan game done! Two goals in this please City :)

Fair enough. I think the quality of the position and the header was why the ball ricocheted into the net, not some glaring error from hart, personally. I like to give keepers the benefit of the doubt there, two seasons of mediocre Reina have made me soft, and accepting.

I want 09/10 Reina back :(

He basically saved us about 10 points that season

Another dead accumulator. Fuck this, its a mug's game :p

Arnie

I'm pretty sure I can debate it and I wouldn't be wrong (or right). I'd just have a good argument.

Joe Hart is pretty overrated. He's very good yes, but he's still overrated because people don't realise goalkeepers can only do so much, the responsibility of clean sheets lies on the defenders too and City have a great back four. You can't give him all the credit and you can't say he's the best in the league unless you give other keepers equally capable defenders to back him up.

You've made two posts disagreeing but you haven't suggested an alternative. Forgetting whether he's overrated or not, who's a better keeper in the league, currently?

Cuddler

Lazio goal, Candreva. And second goal for Fiorentina, Borja Valero, poor Milan.
You could debate it, but you'd be wrong. Keeper's aren't infallible remember. Well, not since Van De Sar retired.

Van Der Sar infallible?!? Sarcasm?
Juventus fan here...

Where's Jeff? Hart gaffe is right up his alley.

Atrocious keeping really (obviously not helped by the defence) but Its not a shock, when on form there aren't many better shot stoppers than Hart but he is inconsistent and dodgy

City will get a cheap penalty this half after the ref will have seen his mistakes at half time

dc89

Atrocious keeping really but Its not a shock, when on form there aren't many better shot stoppers than Hart but he is inconsistent and dodgy

City will get a cheap penalty this half after the ref will have seen his mistakes at half time

No we won't! We should have had two penalties already in this game!

You've made two posts disagreeing but you haven't suggested an alternative. Forgetting whether he's overrated or not, who's a better keeper in the league, currently?

While he's not as good as he was, Cech has been decent recently I think

At their best:

Cech>Reina=Hart

At the moment:

Hart=Cech>>>Reina

LegoArmo

To be fair, I think 80% of the keepers in the league would have saved that, but I also think Hart would have saved it 9 times out of 10 as well. He won't be happy with himself.

Aguero's been a bit rubbish so far this season.

Arnie

While he's not as good as he was, Cech has been decent recently I think

At their best:

Cech>Reina=Hart

At the moment:

Hart=Cech>>>Reina
Cech's improved massively after coming under a lot of criticism early last season. Minolet's currently having a brilliant season, too. But other than those two I don't see many contenders. Krul's been out injured so it's hard to call that one.

Kyoufu

You've made two posts disagreeing but you haven't suggested an alternative. Forgetting whether he's overrated or not, who's a better keeper?

Like I said in my post, it wouldn't be fair to judge others because they don't have City's defense.

That's why my argument isn't right or wrong. Put Krul, De Gea (even though he's horrible with aerial balls) and Cech with City's back four in front of them and then we can see who is truly the best in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom