• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Genoa 1-0 Napoli: Immobile

Lamela's goal should've been disallowed for a push on Lulić. It was exactly like Pogba's disallowed goal.

Arnie

ibwxviv5lkTIzn.gif

'I can bring on Rodwell or Sinclair'

K1LLER7

Bet Mancini wishes he had a Chicharito on the bench :p

Adebayor has done really well so far, held the ball well. They need to get Bale in the game more.

Oh and Joe hart should've saved the header.
De Gea > Joe hart : P

Meier

It's Mancini, he'll end up putting a defender on.
Lescott isn't on the bench again today. I guess he must be injured because I can't imagine Roberto wouldn't have him available two games in a row.

We do have Maicon and Kolo available though! (Oof)

Clegg

Laughable analysis from Hoddle and Redknapp. They blamed Kompany and Toure for the Spurs goal. Never even mentioned that the header went straight at Hart and he somehow contrived to push it into his own net.

Arnie

Wow, the media is so biased in favour of Joe Hart.

He's the best keeper in the league currently, and that goal wasn't predominantly his fault. When you give the free kick away in that position, when Huddlestone delivers such a good ball, when the defence lets Caulker reach the header, and when he gets such a good connection on it, it's all Hart can do to rescue the situation, but he shouldn't be expected to. At the point Caulker heads it, it's as good as a goal 90% of the time.

Did I tell you guys I got a graduate job working with DC as City pr?

Fry

Man, Liverpool needs to win this! Can't believe West Brom are 9 points ahead. The PL has been crazy.

Even Arsenal are shit nowadays.

Manager

If the ball was half a meter to the side of Hart (and went straight in) people would say it was an unsavable header. But now it went on his chest and this time, into the goal. And people blame him.

He chose to make himself as big as possible to save the ball if it went on the sides. No way a keeper can reaction save an open header that close.

LegoArmo

He's the best keeper in the league currently, and that goal wasn't predominantly his fault. When you give the free kick away in that position, when Huddlestone delivers such a good ball, when the defence lets Caulker reach the header, and when he gets such a good connection on it, it's all Hart can do to rescue the situation, but he shouldn't be expected to. At the point Caulker heads it, it's as good as a goal 90% of the time.

Did I tell you guys I got a graduate job working with DC as City pr?

I have to disagree. It's straight at him with his entire body behind it. He literally could have just let it hit him and it would have stayed out, but he pushed it into his own net.

Obviously they shouldn't let it get to that point, if it was either side of him, or low, or above him, I'd agree, but it was the perfect height and in the middle of his body.

Meier

Ugh, our corners have been awful on the whole this season. What was that?!

Wow, that offside call looked really close. Unlucky for Carlos.

dc89

Yeah guys, Arnie is now working with me. I'll teach I'm all I know and then hopefully we can get him in at Liverpool.

Manager

I have to disagree. It's straight at him with his entire body behind it. He literally could have just let it hit him and it would have stayed out, but he pushed it into his own net.

Obviously they shouldn't let it get to that point, if it was either side of him, or low, or above him, I'd agree, but it was the perfect height and in the middle of his body.

So he shouldn't had positioned his hands to the sides to save it if it came there instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom