• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalVlatko

Its a 4:3:3 with Azpilicueta in midfield I think. #PepInfluence

Lampard, Mikel, and Matic are all unavailable so today was going to be weird no matter what unless he was gonna give Van Ginkel his first start of the season lol

Salvadora

If they don't go through the back lash will be even worse than it was for Guardiola.

They'll sail through though.
Can't see that myself.

They've done well to get this far and the tactics they employ are nothing new to Chelsea/Mourinho. Just beaten Liverpool soundly too.

Marc

So Mourinho I assume is looking to kill the first half then make attacking subs? Hope so at least.

Get Virtua Tennis. Normally it only sells for around £4.

Bought that in the sale the other week, good fun at first but seems to lack depth. Once you get a feel for things, the same tactics seem to work against anyone. Also the tour mode I was expecting to do multiple tours not one season and over.

For the price it is worth it though.

Want to get Dragons Crown badly but waiting for a more reasonable price. Same for killzone.

wedward

I never expected to see the day when defensive football would be hailed as better than possession based football.

What a horrible time to be alive.

Hixx

Well I was looking forward to this but Sky Sports 1 isn't working on Sky Go.

Marvelous. What a piece of shit Sky Go is btw. Fucking Silverlight is terrible.

Hixx

Bme0YvuCIAAIviK.jpg

Random stats

First time since 2007 a CL final won't involve Bayern Munich or Man United

Messi and Ronaldo tied on 67 European cup goals. Rauls record is 71. Messi will get over 100 IMO.

Clegg

Anyone been watching the Channel 4 news?

They were interviewing a UKIP donor. Man was the most racist and sexist person I've ever heard on television.

Snippets: Women can't be raped by their husbands

Africans were better off being taken as slaves than living in Africa

Women should not be allowed to wear trousers as they need to entice men with their legs

pulga

Banned
Only watched the first 15 minutes. Don't know if I should continue to watch the replay now, is it too painful?

Thankfully I saw all this coming. Anyone whose head wasn't too deep into Pep's ass, could have noticed how shit our team has been since Guardiola took over. We're basically LvG's Bayern all over again without a real defense.

Any how, congrats to pulga and the rest of RM-Gaf. Hugely deserved, the best team over the two legs by much. Good luck in the final, don't get Chelsea'd

Thank you, baby. You've become very gracious as of late, though I do not forget your Madrid trolling. But I do forgive. You were right all along, the rest of BayernGAF were foolish not to heed you. Pep's a fraud, always was, and always will be. Bayern would do well to coax Jupp out of retirement.

Sergio and Pepe - A combined ZERO FOULS in the two legs against Bayern.

Mind blown.

No shit! Miracles happened last night. Amazing.

HAHAHAHAHA

This explains it all guys.

youtube commenter

i cant breathe

you can't scrape it off the barrel

Congrats madrid GAF.

Mesut is very sad now. Madrid playing a CL final, Ozil's helping Arsenal finish 4th. Life's not fair.

I had genuinely forgotten Ozil existed </3 He deserved to enjoy a final with us!

Salvadora

Sir Szczesny has pulled off a brilliant piece of banter on his facebook.

Posted a picture of Townsend playing for England with the words:
Really feel for Andros Townsend.
He was one of Englands best players in the qualifiers and deserved to go to Brazil. Get well well soon mate!
After the selfie business, this has to be sarcastic.

Into

Want Atleti to win because Simeone learned his craft in Italy, Atletico Madrid are one of the most "italian" sides in football.

Though Mandril being in the final, does sweeten the old tooth to see Chelsea in the final. I want Mourinho to cut a promo of a life time on the spanish press, literally start a war, i want to see riots

ShogunX

I never expected to see the day when defensive football would be hailed as better than possession based football.

What a horrible time to be alive.

The Jose Mourinho master class of defensive football will be bitched about to no end if Chelsea go out tonight.

Zabojnik

I still don't understand how playing bunker = Mourinho is a genius. It's not like he invented a new tactical approach or anything. He's playing catenaccio.

Salvadora

Zabo, think Mourinho being called a hero has less to do with playing catenaccio and more to do with constantly out witting everyone on the tactical front.

LegoArmo

When you think about it, Bayern, Chelsea, United and Barcelona are the most dominant teams of recent times. Ridiculous the amount of semis and finals those teams have gotten to.

I still don't understand how playing bunker = Mourinho is a genius. It's not like he invented a new tactical approach or anything. He's playing catenaccio.

He far from does that all the time though. Look at how the team was set up and played against City or Arsenal for example.

But he has also still failed to lock up teams, that does play defensive against Chelsea. Hopefully next season with a good forward that can work as a target man will fix that. But against the top teams in the league he has played wildly different ways to big success.

BmfRAy4CYAA67Vw.jpg:large

bantor

The watermark in the middle makes it though haha.

Tbh I'm feeling a Chelsea win tonight, I've not seen that much Atletico this season but after seeing the tacticalleh brilliant deconstruction of the best attacking side in the league I think they'll be fine against whatever.

Although I guess Costa seems like much more of a threat from crosses, which is something Liverpool really needed to add once Chelsea killed their play through the middle. It'll definitely be interesting to see how it pans out anyway, just hope its not over after 30 minutes like last night!

Game stories are improving but yeah generally quite poor, but if you are valuing an IP you value it on their characters, mass appeal, recognition, potential etc. and Gears of War really lacks in those areas compared to something like a Halo.

Gears has great appeal though, especially with the co-op modes and i'd argue Marcus Fenix is a recognisable character even if you don't particularly like him yourself. Microsoft's marketing for the games is done in the same way as Halo, main character front and centre on the box so everyone knows who he is - see Halo, Mass Effect 1, Fable, Ryse, Kameo, Too Human, PDZ etc, you'll notice a pattern in the boxarts regardless of the quality of the game.

Gears is a huge selling franchise, I dont know what damage Judgment did but i'd argue also that Gears was hugely influential on many games last generation, it needs a rest though and some new ideas.

Just seen the team, that explains how he would get around dropping one of Azpili or Cole, I suspect Azpili will be on the right wing but Torres ahead of Eto'o (if not fit then fine but hes only scored for us at SB and does it quite a lot) and Ba - clinical in his goals even if he doesnt provide a great contribution.

Don't know, I'm kinda with 11Freunde on this one.

"Every football has to be beautiful", "That's destroying football", etc. Fuck that shit, we need dirty, shitty football. Park that bus, Jose.

Although I'd still be happy for Atletico.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sir Szczesny has pulled off a brilliant piece of banter on his facebook.

Posted a picture of Townsend playing for England with the words:

After the selfie business, this has to be sarcastic.

If he's sarcastic then he's more of a cunt than I thought. As a professional player it's not right to mock another player for getting injured, I choose to believe he's being genuine.

Mascot

This has the potential to be the most boring match ever. Might go and do something of mild interest and return for the inevitable penalty shootout.

*sets alarm for ten past ten*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom