• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Those kits are tacky as fuck (if they are real)

--

3rd on average (or total i think) home attendances in League One. Ground still not 60% full :/

Getting there though.

Fancy a cup run next year to fill it up, haven't got any massive derbies or big clubs coming down. Sheff United probably the biggest.

How many true top teir strikers are gonna be available this year?

£60-70 Mill gets you Suarez.

We have absolutely no reason to sell at £60m

Genuinely think Henry would rather have Suarez rotting in the reserves than sell him for that price.

Any Liverpool fans even gonna bother watching the match tonight? Fuck that.

Feorax

Everyone has given them stick all season but I believe in Aston Villa.

The team has fuck all to fight for, but you can bet Lambert has a point to prove ahead of what looks like potentially a pretty rough summer for him. Same for big Sam.

Pardew does too, but I think it's too late for him now.

LFC hypothetical, Would Higuain be a good replacement for Suarez? (forget amount money)

I didn't realise he was 27 thought he was older for some reason ok 60 is a little low would Liver GAF take 75?

80 + Coentrao (If Real Madrid)

Feorax

I didn't realise he was 27 thought he was older for some reason ok 60 is a little low would Liver GAF take 75?

Had Real not fucked the market by spending £85m on Bale, then possibly.

As it is, he's worth at least 9 figures to us, simply because he's practically irreplaceable.

Theyre not going to take anything less than a world record fee. It's the statement that will matter. They don't need to sell him and are under no pressure to do so. He's not leaving this summer anyway no matter what. I don't think they'll sell him for £120m never mind £60m.

I don't understand the rationale of not doing it now though, unless they are still negotiating stuff like staff? I'm starting to feel a little nervous.
Its done, chill.

Walshy

Give him Aurélio's brain.
A fully-fit Aurélio was a fucking fantastic left-back. Miss his freekicks.

Yeah. I'm concerned about Enrique's attitude as well. This is the second time he's been out with a long-term injury under Rodgers, and it seems like both times the club have been thoroughly unimpressed by the time it's taken him to recover, likely to do with how seriously he's taking his rehabilitation.

Robinson could be an option, but I was expecting he's be a lot further along in his development than he is right now, given how talented he was in the youth setup. To be honest, I'd rather see Flanagan LB and Wisdom RB over bringing Robinson back in just yet, though I doubt it will come to that.
I've read that as well, the club expected him to be back by early February but Enrique's attitude has been questionable.

Tactically, he seems clueless. Carragher said he eventually gave up with Enrique as anything he said, Enrique did the complete opposite. The last thing we need is a defender who teammates can't predict.

Robinson wouldn't be a bad back-up. I've heard he has done well at Blackpool, maybe a loan to EPL side will do well for him before coming back? I hope McLaughlin doesn't go down the same route of being really promising in the youth set-up, but not making an impact much on the first team.

Does anyone think Suarez might not be at Pool next year? Just wondering if someone's going to come in and pay them a ton for him.
Nah, he's here for one more season at least.

WJD

guys do you remember when we sold ronaldo for £80m and that was fucking insanely ridiculous amounts of money and we were all buzzing and then we bought valencia obertan and michael owen now it feels like we were ripped off and that's deemed not enough for luis suarez

do you remember

I don't understand the rationale of not doing it now though, unless they are still negotiating stuff like staff? I'm starting to feel a little nervous.

As Viva says, it's done. Contracts for his future staff is probably not yet finalised.

Also, from a PR angle, it's probably better to do it after the last game. Let the Giggs things pass then announce the new manager.

pappe

If Liverpool are to sell him this is the season. Its unlikely he will have season like this 1 next time around and I doubt anyone would be willing to spend almost a 100 mil or even 60-70m on a 28 yr old (by then).

L1NETT

A fully-fit Aurélio was a fucking fantastic left-back. Miss his freekicks.

Memories.........

aurelio-o.gif

guys do you remember when we sold ronaldo for £80m and that was fucking insanely ridiculous amounts of money and we were all buzzing and then we bought valencia obertan and michael owen now it feels like we were ripped off and that's deemed not enough for luis suarez

do you remember

Robinho for £30m was the most stupid transfer of all, all things considered. He'd already flopped at Madrid, and everyone knew it wouldn't work out.

LTWheels

I don't blame Sakho or Skrtel for the goals we conceded. I actually think that they generally had a good game.

Arguably Johnson was at blame for the first two goals. Also Coutinho should have professionally fouled for the break away in the second goal.

For the third Gerrard and Lucas should have been in the holding position in front of the defence for the third, instead of up the pitch. So Skrtel shouldn't of had to come out.

I don't blame Sakho or Skrtel for the goals we conceded. I actually think that they generally had a good game.

Arguably Johnson was at blame for the first two goals. Also Coutinho should have professionally fouled for the break away in the second goal.

For the third Gerrard and Lucas should have been in the holding position in front of the defence for the third, instead of up the pitch. So Skrtel shouldn't of had to come out.

Gerrard should have been deeper for the third, but Skrtel made a proper balls-up in leaving the real threat to try and win a ball that couldn't be won, against a player who wouldn't have been an immediate threat even if given the time to control it.

Hope Meyler gets his deserved ban. Stupid, nasty cunt.

Only cup final he'll probably ever get a chance to play in, and he does that in a dead rubber match, unprovoked.

subtles

I'm still waiting for the GOAT manager that makes defense an art once more to grace football with his presence.

Not through numbers, no, but rather one with an appreciation for something greater.

Mastadon

Banned
Jack Robinson has been good for Blackpool, and is probably ready for a understudy role next year. He's a bit rash at times though, sent off three times this season
wtzgU.gif

I'm still waiting for the GOAT manager that makes defense an art once more to grace football with his presence.

Not through numbers, no, but rather one with an appreciation for something greater.

I had a fucking ridiculous dream last night

I was sat in the stands for Birmingham away, which had replaced Newcastle at home for reasons unexplained. Sami Hyypia was sat in amongst our fans, and joining in with chants of Oh Sami Sami, having just been announced as new defensive coach for next season. For some reason, the stadium was bedecked in a rainforst motif, vines hanging from the stands, rock walls all over the place, moss and mud on every surface.

The match kicked off and we won a oenalty in the first 10 seconds, while I was still looking at Sami. Gerrard stepped up and curled it over the bar, in the centre. Petr Cech was in goal, and the commentator said he would have save it anyway. Gerrard collapsed in a heap on the floor, in fits of tears, and had to be subbed off having had a breakdown after watching the title slip away from us, and missing a penalty.

The fuck.

Yes, I know people decribing their dreams is dull as dishwater

Yen

If Liverpool are to sell him this is the season. Its unlikely he will have season like this 1 next time around and I doubt anyone would be willing to spend almost a 100 mil or even 60-70m on a 28 yr old (by then).

I don't see why he wouldn't keep up his level of form. It's not as though his game is based on physicality that would deteriorate with age.

kharma45

do you remember

We needed more performance clauses in that deal.

WJD

We needed more performance clauses in that deal.

In all seriousness I don't think we predicted the market exploding as it has and just saw the big 80m number and ran with it. It'd probably take close to double that to take him now if he was still with us and performing as he has been with Madrid.

Madness.

Carbonox

Jack Robinson has been good for Blackpool, and is probably ready for a understudy role next year. He's a bit rash at times though, sent off three times this season
wtzgU.gif

That proves he's got the heart of a lion, will go through anyone for success, sacrificing himself if he has to. Brendan will get a hard on for ol' Robinson Crusoe.

3 red cards? Nay, 3 proofs of courage.

Uus4Plt.png

I hate myself for even thinking it, but Liverpool should sign John Terry and Ashley Cole on 2 year deals. They are the definition of cunts, but they are cunts that can defend.

subtles

I had a fucking ridiculous dream last night
:lol

I had a weird one I shared on Twitter the other night.

(Bare in mind that I've been watching a lot of The West Wing and have now started season 3)

I had a dream that President Bartlet was being forced to step down so Moyes can take office. I was standing in the Oval Office facing the President at his desk on a dark night with Moyes leering at me from the window. While I was uncomfortable looking at him, someone was explaining to the President why he was beig impeached and what legislation would be giving David power.

:lol

I had a weird one I shared on Twitter the other night.

(Bare in mind that I've been watching a lot of The West Wing and have now started season 3)

I had a dream that President Bartlet was being forced to step down so Moyes can take office. I was standing in the Oval Office facing the President at his desk on a dark night with Moyes leering at me from the window. While I was uncomfortable looking at him, someone was explaining to the President why he was beig impeached and what legislation would be giving David power.

President Moyes.Vice President Round. Phil Neville, Chief Advisor.

Imagine it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom