• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
Luiz is worth every bit of that £30m we're likely shopping him around at. Every bit. Buy now before his world cup heroics this summer drive the price up further.

Zabojnik

He is even more terrible than Boateng as CB but one of the best DMs in the world. He was the key last season for the treble. His work against the oppositions midfield made us look good because he destroyed 99% of all the counters. The reason why we are so vulnerable this season. Pep is an incredible coach but he is blind to see what a weapon he has in his squad. Sad :/

Javi Martinez was, in the end, not worth 40M€. Juve-GAF vindicated.
Totally worth it.

Luiz is worth every bit of that £30m we're likely shopping him around at. Every bit. Buy now before his world cup heroics this summer drive the price up further.

It genuinely annoys me that someone will give you so much money for a player who's not even in your strongest 11, and you'll be able to use it to buy Costa with money to spare, and won't have to come close to breaking FFP :(

pappe

LvG not gonna be announced til end of the season now.

Rubbish.

Woodward better be going for the mega "new manager + 5 new signings" approach.

I think he mised a perfect opportunity to announce LVG last night. Giggs had the mic and after his speech he goes ," Ladies and gentlemen I am proud to announce to you the new manager for Manchester United, who is gonna bring us happy days again."

Lights dim.

A helicopter appears over Old Trafford. It lands right in the center circle.

Giggs says," Here he is everyone. Louis Van Gaal,"

And then he steps out of the Helicopter.

Glory Glory playing in the background.

and then he drop kicks Rooney.

Feorax

Rumoured asking price for Javi Martinez seems to be being touted at about €35m.

He's going to have a lot of suitors at that price.

I think he mised a perfect opportunity to announce LVG last night. Giggs had the mic and after his speech he goes ," Ladies and gentlemen I am proud to announce to you the new manager for Manchester United, who is gonna bring us happy days again."

Lights dim.

I have a vision of him abseiling from a hot air balloon naked from the waist down. He lands on the centre-spot with a copy of Rooney's contract. He tears it in half. He wipes his arse with it

GQman2121

Banned
It genuinely annoys me that someone will give you so much money for a player who's not even in your strongest 11, and you'll be able to use it to buy Costa with money to spare, and won't have to come close to breaking FFP :(

I read the reports of clubs that are possible partners for a deal and I wonder if they're watching the same games I am. Genuinely baffled.

I hope it's Barca because a.) they have the monies to close a deal; b.) they'll be weakened by having to rely on him in crucial games; c.) they've shown they're willing to overpay for players that fans want. And for some reason these crazy Catalans want some Daivd Luiz.

Rumoured asking price for Javi Martinez seems to be being touted at about €35m.

He's going to have a lot of suitors at that price.

We have to go for him at that price. Even if it's a pipe dream. Neither City or Chelsea have any need for a DM, and this is as attractive as we may be for the foreseeable future. We can't replace Gerrard, but we can replace and upgrade his current role

Lights dim.

:lol

Sure we could have found a good sponsor for that too.

LTWheels

I always enjoy how the Guardian pads out its rumour section:

It had been a few days since Brendan Rodgers closed his eyes in relief. He said next to nothing on the bus home from London and when he was dropped off in front of his house, he just gave an imperceptible raise of his right hand to the tear-stained players rubbing their noses against the window. Once inside the door, he slumped to the floor and had to be helped into the old Danish armchair that he had bought in a boutique furniture store run by a girl named Susie, a former straight-A student with a crooked smile who cut off her family for a French folk singer who professed endless love but swiftly left her with a broken heart, an undiagnosed craving for pineapple and a penchant for sitting in the dark, long grass beside the busy crossroads at Mile End.

Slumped in that chair, Brendan watched and re-watched those 10 minutes, doing his best to wear out the rewind button, contemplating what could have been. Scenarios and situations ran through his mind, as did the players he needed to make it right. Then, all of a sudden, it came to him. He leapt to his feet, and shouted the words, "Oh Ashley, Ashley, I love you", and with that sentiment professed, he fell to the floor and slept like a log.

The Ashley that Brendan is squeaking and squawking about is, of course, none other than Ashley Cole. The left-back's contract with Chelsea comes to a close at the end of this season and despite the Chelsea chiefs telling him where to stick it when he came to them, Givenchy cap in hand, asking for one year more, Brendan reckons that he still has the necessaries to solve every single one of his side's defensive worries. Liverpool are not the only club looking to murmur sweeting nothings to the former England international, however. So too are Real Madrid and New York Red Bulls. Hmm, tough choice that.

We have to go for him at that price. Even if it's a pipe dream. Neither City or Chelsea have any need for a DM, and this is as attractive as we may be for the foreseeable future. We can't replace Gerrard, but we can replace and upgrade his current role

him, lallana, Coentrao and richards, that would be a good summer imo. Sell lucas, johnson to cover costs, maybe get a CB too

him, lallana, Coentrao and richards, that would be a good summer imo. Sell lucas, johnson to cover costs, maybe get a CB too

I'm not entirely sure that Richards is any better than Wisdom these days tbh. He's not been good in his few appearances over the last couple of years

Konoplyanka is a dead cert as well, unless we've dropped that in the search for Llallanna

Madrid won't sell Coentrao now either, I think. He was fantastic in both semis, Marcelo is recovering from an injury, and even if he fully recovers, Coentrao at the moment is better than Marcelo normally is (imo)

I'm not entirely sure that Richards is any better than Wisdom these days tbh. He's not been good in his few appearances over the last couple of years

Konoplyanka is a dead cert as well, unless we've dropped that in the search for Llallanna

Madrid won't sell Coentrao now either, I think. He was fantastic in both semis, Marcelo is recovering from an injury, and even if he fully recovers, Coentrao at the moment is better than Marcelo normally is (imo)

i kept hearing that he is overated on twitter last year

januzaj-flick1rfyo.gif

Batongen

Banned
Well that was certainly a 'normal' GAF ban. *Some places never change*.

Football hasn't changed either, still sucks except for Atletico.

Walshy

Ashley Cole on a free is a massive improvement on Cissokho as a backup LB (not that it's a great measure of quality).
Wages might be an issue though.

Would prefer to get two left backs in anyway, Enrique is brain dead tactically.

Or we could promote Robinson.

DBT85

Does anyone think Suarez might not be at Pool next year? Just wondering if someone's going to come in and pay them a ton for him.

Feorax

Wages might be an issue though.

Would prefer to get two left backs in anyway, Enrique is brain dead tactically.

Or we could promote Robinson.

Yeah. I'm concerned about Enrique's attitude as well. This is the second time he's been out with a long-term injury under Rodgers, and it seems like both times the club have been thoroughly unimpressed by the time it's taken him to recover, likely to do with how seriously he's taking his rehabilitation.

Robinson could be an option, but I was expecting he's be a lot further along in his development than he is right now, given how talented he was in the youth setup. To be honest, I'd rather see Flanagan LB and Wisdom RB over bringing Robinson back in just yet, though I doubt it will come to that.

i kept hearing that he is overated on twitter last year

All I know is that he's done Kyle Walker every time he's played against him, and Walker isn't exactly a slouch.

For the £8m mooted, I reckon it's worth a gamble. Can't be worse than Aspas or fucking Moses.

Does anyone think Suarez might not be at Pool next year? Just wondering if someone's going to come in and pay them a ton for him.

Real Madrid if anyone, 80 Mil + Coentrao

use part of 80 mil get Lallana, Higuain and a better RB than richards at that point, and Martinez :p

I think there's a very real chance of us eventually receiving a bid we just can't refuse. Don't quite trust Sturridge to be the main option just yet, especially with the injuries he's started picking up, so not sure what we'd do with the money.

We've seen what happens if you get it wrong with Spurs

pappe

I dont think he is going anywhere this season. I mean realistically who will be in for him?

Bayern have signed Lewandowski. Barca are going after Aguero coz Messi wants him. Real will be a bad destination for him as he and Ronaldo will clash. A lot.

Besides if any of those clubs were in for him we would have already witnessed their tapping up campaigns and interviews about how Suarez has the DNA which we havent.

Chelsea is another possibility but i dont think Liverpool will sell to them or City.

All other clubs would frankly be a step down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom