• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Dirk De Vriese, Januzaj's agent:
"I can say Adnan's the best paid youngster in the world.

"He earns more than Ronaldo & Messi when they were 18."

"5 minutes before Adnan signed a new deal at #MUFC, PSG offered us an astonishing deal."

"As Adnan was a free agent at the end of the season, the Qatari were ready to offer anything."

"Anything, like in wages and signing on fees."

Whoever buys Luiz at his asking price is a fucking idiot, unless they're already so strong at the back they can afford to take the risk of having him pissing about while their other players cover him*.

And if you plan on playing him in midfield, you're overpaying anyway because he isn't that good there either, and would still be more expensive than better options.

*So certainly not us or Barca. Barca will do it though, because Barca gonna Barca. I mean, who gives a shit about not being able to trust a defender to defend properly, as long as they can pass and move?

Jack cw

Whoever buys Luiz at his asking price is a fucking idiot, unless they're already so strong at the back they can afford to take the risk of having him pissing about while their other players cover him*.

And if you plan on playing him in midfield, you're overpaying anyway because he isn't that good there either, and would still be more expensive than better options.

Guardiola wants him as CB apparently. :/

Guardiola wants him as CB apparently. :/

You'd need a better CB to play next to him, and Martinez to cover his arse constantly. You'd get away with it in the league, but as with this season a setup of 2 CBs who aren't all that at defending and no real DM would see you hitting something of a brick wall when you meet a top team again.

Now we all know Wayne Bridge actually retired in 2010 when he signed a new contract with City despite there being no chance of him ever playing there, but it appears he has now actually retired from his paid gardening leave job as well.

Jack cw

You'd need a better CB to play next to him, and Martinez to cover his arse constantly. You'd get away with it in the league, but as with this season a setup of 2 CBs who aren't all that at defending and no real DM would see you hitting something of a brick wall when you meet a top team again.

I know, but I cant think of a world class CB that could join us. Luiz is decent but I get what you are saying. Maybe Laporte... I don't know.

I think Luiz could still be a very good CB - but I definitely wouldn't want him as the "lead" centre half. Alongside somebody like Kompany, or a Vidic, he could be brilliant IMO.

kmax

Tonight Real Madrid is going to play their postponed match against Valladolid. We gotta take 3 points from this.

The players better know what they're in for, as they were totally complacent against Valencia.

A fuck up like that isn't going to be accepted at the end of the season. If we don't win all the remaining games, we can kiss the title goodbye.

Linius

Dutch referee for the CL final. This will be fun.

He did a good job at the EL finale last year. If he doesn't screw this one up I wouldn't be surprised if he's the top pick for the WC finale too granted we won't make it (which we won't). It's funny though how he never wins the golden card competition in the Eredivisie. I think Vink won this year.

3Sixty

Now we all know Wayne Bridge actually retired in 2010 when he signed a new contract with City despite there being no chance of him ever playing there, but it appears he has now actually retired from his paid gardening leave job as well.

Shame the way his career went.

When he was leaving us he was considered to be close to Ashley Cole.

FootballFan

LOL, poor Bartra. I guess a defender like Puyol is something that happens only every 30 years.

I have no hate towards Bartra, he can improve. Mascherano and pique kill me though. This is as good as they will EVER get.

They suck, really badly too. Pique changed the moment he banged Shakira and Puyol started breaking.

In short, I'd prefer Bartra next to a new CB than pique or masch being next to the new CB.

Top of the league:

Bm8R_84IAAA8i8G.jpg

LvG not gonna be announced til end of the season now.

Rubbish.

Woodward better be going for the mega "new manager + 5 new signings" approach.

Jack cw

We'll use him in CB. Will this ever end?!?!?!

He is even more terrible than Boateng as CB but one of the best DMs in the world. He was the key last season for the treble. His work against the oppositions midfield made us look good because he destroyed 99% of all the counters. The reason why we are so vulnerable this season. Pep is an incredible coach but he is blind to see what a weapon he has in his squad. Sad :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom