• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

this is ridiculous. especially after the thread was dead for at least one entire season

We made it to 20 OTs last season, should probably make it to 22 with the final days of the season and the various cup finals.

Lol. Mail are now saying that PSG's FFP fine is £20m. That's it. Couldn't make this stuff up.

Isn't the fine split over 3 seasons? And it was originally reported as 60million. So probably just shoddy reporting by the Mail not mentioning it's 20 per season

Meier

Isn't the fine split over 3 seasons? And it was originally reported as 60million. So probably just shoddy reporting by the Mail not mentioning it's 20 per season

They're running with this "exclusive":

UEFA are set to further infuriate Manchester City by announcing that Paris Saint-Germain will face only a £20million one-off fine for breaching Financial Fair Play regulations.

City are already upset with European football's governing body over proposals to fine them £49m, payable in three instalments, and impose sanctions that would cut their Champions League squad cut from 25 to 21.

It was thought that big-spending PSG would face a similar 'settlement' following an investigation into their finances - in particular a £167m sponsorship deal with Qatar Tourist Authority.

However, Sportsmail can reveal that PSG, confirmed as French champions on Wednesday night, will face a significantly smaller fine.

tri_willy

grats sunderland, happy for yous guys to avoid relegation. fucking hell, how shit is altidore??? worse than gervinho and moses

grats to city as well, title is virtually yours. no way you guys are losing to best ham at home

Lightning

Banned
Anything can happen in football but City look comfortable here. No interesting games this weekend in the premier league but I'm interested in the Brighton vs Derby game and even more interested in the Wigan vs QPR game.

Hopefully Everton tire out Hull's players and Wenger rests our key players from risk of injury since Norwich are gone it's a dead rubber game. No injuries please.

Lightning

Banned
On a serious note bla, which areas Bayern looking to strengthen? Got Lewa coming in but defensively need some assistance? Ribery and Robben not getting any younger either.

Blablurn

On a serious note bla, which areas Bayern looking to strengthen? Got Lewa coming in but defensively need some assistance? Ribery and Robben not getting any younger either.

We definitely need some improvement int he defense. Rumors stay we are interested in Laporte and Sideshow Bob from Chelsea. I guess that could be a start? It's difficult to get world class defenders these days.

Another thing that Bayern needs to improve is the pace. Robben might still got it but he is not getting younger. Ribery shows his pace less and less these days. Madrid outran us in so many ways. And not only Madrid. Even Dortmund and Augsburg showed incredible pase against us. I wish Bayern to become a lil faster again. Shaqiri could help but I don't think he got what it takes to become world class. He's too small. Just put him next to a Ronaldo or Bale :/ He could be gold for Liverpool.

Well. And we should use Martinez and Götze more.

Bla, the Moto G is awesome! It's a bit heavier than I'd like it to be, but other than that ... Awesome.

In terms of weight it's actually up there with the iphone4 and my lgg2. For a Budget device it's not too bad. Bad I'm happy you're happy with the device. You can't go wrong with the Moto G. It's fast enough for all the apps out there.

Razgreez

We definitely need some improvement int he defense. Rumors stay we are interested in Laporte and Sideshow Bob from Chelsea. I guess that could be a start? It's difficult to get world class defenders these days.

Another thing that Bayern needs to improve is the pace. Robben might still got it but he is not getting younger. Ribery shows his pace less and less these days. Madrid outran us in so many ways. And not only Madrid. Even Dortmund and Augsburg showed incredible pase against us. I wish Bayern to become a lil faster again. Shaqiri could help but I don't think he got what it takes to become world class. He's too small. Just put him next to a Ronaldo or Bale :/ He could be gold for Liverpool.

Well. And we should use Martinez and Götze more.

Could acquire the best defenders in the world and it still may not mean a team is successful. You have to know which direction you're going in before you can plan/work towards it and right now that information is in pep's head alone

sohois

Presumably if Bayern are looking to sell some midfielders then Pep will be wanting to bring in more midfielders to fit his style of play. I'm not especially sure who that might be though

Blablurn

Could acquire the best defenders in the world and it still may not mean a team is successful. You have to know which direction you're going in before you can plan/work towards it and right now that information is in pep's head alone

Right now it looks like Bayern is bending over Peps philosophy. The news definitely make it sound like that. I expect more Pep-esque football and players next season.

Blablurn

10001443_402094363263664_1539592768805024063_n.jpg

Remember when milch was making fun of sport1 for reporting that Gundogan was getting medical treatment in Crimea? Dortmund confirmed it today

Well, that's only half the truth.

They said that Gündogan was in Crimea just a few weeks ago, which obviously was bullshit. He was there before all the political stuff with Russia started, which is still strange, but oh well...

grats sunderland, happy for yous guys to avoid relegation. fucking hell, how shit is altidore??? worse than gervinho and moses

grats to city as well, title is virtually yours. no way you guys are losing to best ham at home

So glad Sunderland stayed up. If they hadn't, I wouldn't have been able to watch my favorite team next year. (In the USA) And yes, Altidore is terrible. He showed signs last year with the national team but idk, he seems lazy now. But I can't talk, my favorite player is Kenwyne Jones and he has been pretty bad for a few years now.

Linius

Didnt we also get sulejmaini from heereveen?

What's the link between Sulejmani for 16.25 million from Heerenveen and Zivkovic for 2,5 million from Groningen? This seems like a very good transfer for probably the most talented striker in the league.

I gotta be honest.

Toure is overrated to fuck. I watched him quite closely tonight just plodding around the midfield looking disinterested. Its all well and good smashing in a few goals when games are already decided but when you need someone to step up and take a game by the scruff of the neck Toure always goes missing.

Physically such a gifted player with the mind of a fucking shish kebab.

But of course the generally footballing public rave about him because they can't tell the difference between scoring the last goal in a rout against relegation candidates and shriving up like Wilbz penis in December when playing a big game.

For how physically dominant he is he shouldn't go missing as often as he does.

This is for the most part ridiculous. People tend to lose their marbles about physically imposing players though. Just because you're a big guy it doesn't necessarily mean you'll be a stamina freak.

He started the remuntada in the copa del rey final with a fantastic goal vs Bilbao. He has scored vs manutd in some huge games too. And for ivory coast.

The numbers he puts up for a midfielder are fantastic too. He is the most complete player in the world. He played CB in cl semis and final for barca. Never forget.

Yaya is brilliant, don't hate just for the sake of it.

Exactly. I think people forget how great he was at Barca in more defensive positions. One of the most complete players I've seen.

Hixx

If Yaya Toure was a 6 foot white lad there'd be more metaphorical-jizz flowing over his face than someone being shamed in a bukkake. I agree with his own comments on the perception of him because he is African.

He's an amazing player.

I find some of the criticism of Toure to be utterly absurd.

Like the fact that he isn't always barrelling around like a maniac makes him an underachiever. Which most assuredly makes Lee Cattermole top class by comparison.

Also conveniently forgetting how he has produced important assists and goals this season by the fucking bucket load.

And saying he has gone missing in some games is a bizarre stick to beat him with as an under-performing Toure still probably does more than most CMs in the league.

Final point: thing I loved about his goal last night was the pure physicality and confidence of it. I have seen so many pace players cop out of similar situations and not had the balls to beat their man or use their pace properly. It was great to see him back himself physically and gas the defender. It's not something you often see because so many players pussy out of attempting it.

Feorax

Toure is an incredible midfielder. I was surprised to find out he was 30 actually, I thought he was a bit younger than that.

Clegg

Toure put in an awful lot of sub par performances last season but got away with it because every once in a while he scored a cracker. Pundits just ignored his laziness and dirtiness. That irked a bit. Been a lot more consistent this season though.

GorillaJu

I'm not saying Toure isn't very good, because he is, but he is overrated for sure. He's not a complete player in the same was as Vidal, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom