• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
Any of you play The Last of Us multiplayer? I had PSN bucks and bought the season pass last night. Going to give it a go shortly. I like the online game, but I haven't played since last summer. I may have made a mistake....

It is almost 10 years old at this stage so here is some nostalgic hyperbole with it, but it's still fucking ace and stands up very well to this day. Make sure to give Episodes 1 and 2 a go too.

Played it nearly 10 years ago bruv (that makes me feel old), was just saying :p

Played the Episodes as well, only really remember the set pieces from the though

Turok_TTZ

the latter, obviously.
boo you, I do not need the agitation atm. very frustrated.
Did Illaramendi play himself out of a spot for the final?
He did and I'll explain why as well as other things:

the problem today was the exact problem last game. Midfield was too narrow and Isco pushed up in the hole when he should have stayed in position. Except this time Di maria was pushed up to the wings. Di maria is not an effective winger. Benz was playing as a n10 today but because Isco went to his area, rendered benzema ineffective as well as compromising our midfield and defense.
Illarra played too centrally and kept playing it too safe. too many sideway and back passes when he needed to pass forward. also, his defensive shift was downright piss poor as his failure to mark a guy led to us conceding. Also, Illarra and Alonso cannot play together. too static and lacking physical presence. All this without taking into account the fatigue. the fatigue killed our frontline.

Illarra has really been disappointing. He cannot play outside the pivot or he suffers and he plays the ball too safe. bad game to add to this and now I reckon his spot in the final is seriously under threat.

FootballFan

Without Bale and Ronaldo one might have expected Benzema to step forward as Madrid´s leader, like a true TOP player would do. Nothing. Less than Morata, who btw is a shadow of the player he used to be.

Small, utterly mediocre player, he´s NOT Madrid material at all, he actually never was. Can´t wait until we get rid of that fucking cunt. Suarez will give us a new dimension. Don't delude yourself, Turok, Benzema is shit.

Illara can fuck off. Fucking useless. Buying him was a terrible mistake.

Anyway, the dream is still alive. The dream of la decima. Be real, nobody cares about LOL liga.

Loooooool amazing

Ultimatum

Banned
I gotta be honest.

Toure is overrated to fuck. I watched him quite closely tonight just plodding around the midfield looking disinterested. Its all well and good smashing in a few goals when games are already decided but when you need someone to step up and take a game by the scruff of the neck Toure always goes missing.

Physically such a gifted player with the mind of a fucking shish kebab.

But of course the generally footballing public rave about him because they can't tell the difference between scoring the last goal in a rout against relegation candidates and shriving up like Wilbz penis in December when playing a big game.

I gotta be honest.

you're an idiot

watch his movement more closely

3rd goal

watch his fucking movement

Half Life 2 is a brilliant game, and the most overrated game I've ever played

I think you have to have played it around when it came out to fully appreciate it.

That may sound stupid, but games have taken so much from it since then (although you could argue gaming in general has taken so little) that a lot of what made it feel special might not feel that way now, the gravity gun being a good example.

edit: if you thought it was overrated back then, well, I don't really have an argument against that.

Mumei

i hope all you cunts are happy, you drove mommy mumei away ;_;

I didn't say that; I just meant that I wasn't really participating much in the first place, since I was watching only intermittently and didn't really know enough to have an informed opinion (and half the games I wanted to watch were unavailable!), and frankly I wasn't really moderating the thread beyond the rather egregious stuff.*

I'm fairly sure this is what you actually liked, though.

Turok_TTZ

I think you have to have played it around when it came out to fully appreciate it.

That may sound stupid, but games have taken so much from it since then (although you could argue gaming in general has taken so little) that a lot of what made it feel special might not feel that way now, the gravity gun being a good example.

I like the gravity gun but I dislike Half life 2.

Yen

I first played HL2 around 2011, and I didn't particularly enjoy it.

wedward

I gotta be honest.

Toure is overrated to fuck. I watched him quite closely tonight just plodding around the midfield looking disinterested. Its all well and good smashing in a few goals when games are already decided but when you need someone to step up and take a game by the scruff of the neck Toure always goes missing.

But of course the generally footballing public rave about him because they can't tell the difference between scoring the last goal in a rout against relegation candidates and shriving up like Wilbz penis in December when playing a big game.

For how physically dominant he is he shouldn't go missing as often as he does.

Meier

He's scored a fair few important goals I think.

I think he's a very talented player but lacks consistency. Vidal is better IMO from what I've seen. Still a great player though, you can't deny that.

No City fan would disagree that he turns it off at times. I think in general, he has been "up for it" far more often than in recent years this season. Pellegrini's style and the pairing with Fernandinho obviously suit him very well. He has been completely on his game in every match in the run in though -- I think Aguero or Silva are probably "better" players than him if you could even compare them, but in terms of who has been the best and most important player for us this year, it has to be Yaya. It's hard to fathom, but he's actually scored more goals in the league this season than the 3 years prior combined. Hell, he only scored 4 in his 3 seasons with Barca.

Ultimatum

Banned
HL2 was released at a time when games were challenging and fun, but modern gaming trends cater towards kids with ADD so the longer you leave it the worse HL2 will seem

Clegg

Some things in Half Life 2 wouldn't be acceptable if it were a new release in 2014. The 2 chapters in the buggy would've been roundly panned.

Ravenholm is still the goat chapter tho. Genuinely wasn't expecting that the first time I played the game.

How can they just leave us hanging with that ending of Ep2 tho? Its been seven years since that and not a peep from Valve.

Turok_TTZ

huh? I was being sarcastic, Turok. Of course I watch (at least try to) every Madrid match. It´s late and I´m tired, but i thought it was obvious.

too frustrated to observe my sarcasm meter. we should have rested key players for today, not only did we not, we lost some players. bloody hell.

Pennywise

Oh yeah, I doubt they'll show all that stuff, especially since a lot of it is likely bullshit.

Alot of rumors and stuff that is so far beyond 2015.
God of War 4 for example, the game isn't coming out before 2016, why on earth should they tease it already ?

Oh hello Mumei :)
Have you given Billy Bat a try ?

Scum

What has Ramos been on these last few weeks?

Messi has a new client, innit.

Some things in Half Life 2 wouldn't be acceptable if it were a new release in 2014. The 2 chapters in the buggy would've been roundly panned.

Ravenholm is still the goat chapter tho. Genuinely wasn't expecting that the first time I played the game.

How can they just leave us hanging with that ending of Ep2 tho? Its been seven years since that and not a peep from Valve.

"That's the old passage to Ravenholm. We don't go there anymore."

"We don't go to Ravenholm..."

😒

pulsemyne

I just hope the World Cup continues this season's theme of Bambi goes crazy ape bonkers with a chainsaw and sex.

Expecting big upsets and unbridled madness. Anything else would be a let down.

Ah a young ones reference. You sir have good taste.

tumblr_m7hjfuA7KJ1romliio2_1280.jpg

subtles

We play the last game of the season at the same time.

My. heart. won't. be. able. to. take. it.

It's going to happen, isn't it?

FootballFan

I gotta be honest.

He started the remuntada in the copa del rey final with a fantastic goal vs Bilbao. He has scored vs manutd in some huge games too. And for ivory coast.

The numbers he puts up for a midfielder are fantastic too. He is the most complete player in the world. He played CB in cl semis and final for barca. Never forget.

Yaya is brilliant, don't hate just for the sake of it.

Agreed. Think he is the most realistic option as well.

Javi we have no chance.

Bender will be hard. Bayer have no reason to sell.
Yep, also think if Sagna leaves, we should try and go for Coleman, if not him then Aurier.

I just don't know who we can get for a striker.... Need someone better than Giroud lol (and he's a decent striker imo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom