• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Guardian confirms Sky Italias' Reus story. Apparently the deal could be done by the end of next week. Manchester United will get one of the biggest talents in European football.

if true Chelsea should hijack this. Reus----Hazard-----Willian Treble 14/15!

edit - should have read on! FUCK YOU BLA!

Blablurn

ibvhpYxctVlHmG.gif

Holy fuck they've been relegated. Edinburgh have no team in the premiership.

How did they fuck up a 2-0 lead from the first leg, and at home too? Terry Butcher lol.

Rangers, Hearts and Hibs in the Championship next season. Should be fun.

Championship > Premiership confirmed.

Before this game I was kinda worried about Hibs going down, I'm not even that confident we'll go up unless we start playing half decent football.

I think if Butcher stays our brutal football will be enough.

jesalr

I really guess it's time :(. Hopefully not but all signs point towards it.

I thought the De Boer to Spurs stuff had cooled down a little and he played it off a little. Any other clubs linked to him or is it just us?

And at the same time, we're not exactly a step up. Bigger challenge, sure, but in terms of almost everything else we're a sideways step at best.

Linius

I thought the De Boer to Spurs stuff had cooled down a little and he played it off a little. Any other clubs linked to him or is it just us?

And at the same time, we're not exactly a step up. Bigger challenge, sure, but in terms of almost everything else we're a sideways step at best.

Well the EPL would be a lot more attractive than the Eredivisie. But comparing just the clubs Spurs is not much of a step up indeed.

Turok_TTZ

forgot who it was but isco's defensive effort was the reason midfield stabilized after ridding of that insipid khedira. isco overall play both defensely and offensively will make him a madrid legend for certain.

Randdalf

As it's play-off final weekend, 16 years ago to the day Wembley saw one of its best ever games (if not the best):

Charlton 4-4 Sunderland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHFkFqVcFGo

The day I fell in love with football. Probably the worst day in my football-following life
KuGsj.gif

The best Wembley game for me, completely unobjectively, is Portsmouth 2-0 Tottenham in the FA Cup Semi-Final. The atmosphere was electric, it was literally incredible to be there.

pulga

Banned
Rewatching the match. Isco is just a joy to watch, fuck me. He's going to be immense once he grows into the role.

They're right about Rafael. Keep him fit and focused and he can be a great asset.

That midfield comparison us all sorts of embarrassing though. Think that move for Strootman may actually happen in January.

Would be happy with Strootz. I do think we're not going to solve every problem this transfer window and I'm pretty certain we'll have a shit start to the season:

New philosophy, new manager, new players, manager coming in late. Would be shocked if we started well at all.

Hixx

O'Neill is a dinosaur and Keane should get out if he wants a future in the game other than sitting next to Adrian Chiles.

Meier

Brandon%20Barker.ashx

This poor guy (Brandon Barker) scored 2 goals to win the City U-18 team the HK Soccer Sevens tournament.. but will be bald quicker than you can say Arjen Robben or Wayne Rooney.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
For United bros:

Some decent articles on how United might set up next season.

Part 1 - defence

Part 2 - midfield
Its been so fucking long since we had a "Destroyer" in midfield, man I would absolutely love to have a player with power and presence, more than any other position id love this. The amount of teams that simple bossed our midfield last season was pathetic.

But who?

Scum

Its been so fucking long since we had a "Destroyer" in midfield, man I would absolutely love to have a player with power and presence, more than any other position id love this. The amount of teams that simple bossed our midfield last season was pathetic.

But who?
Jenas.

But who?

Cattermole. Always choose Cattermole.

Clegg

Would be happy with Strootz. I do think we're not going to solve every problem this transfer window and I'm pretty certain we'll have a shit start to the season:

New philosophy, new manager, new players, manager coming in late. Would be shocked if we started well at all.
We defo won't solve every problem this transfer window.

We'd need to get rid or five or six players and bring in just as many of superior quality. Hopefully we get Shaw and a decent midfielder and build from there.

Hixx

Its still difficult to watch Michael Gray's penalty.

I watched the video when I posted it but turned it off before the penalties. Can't.

Just like I've still not even watched a replay of Borini's goal in the Cup Final. Haven't even opened the programme I got.

The feels.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Wa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha

Don't think LvG would entrust Woodward with the keys to his fucking locker.

He doesnt have a choice, hes tied up elsewhere, this is why my sole and only hope next year is top 4, fuck every other competition and goal, top 4 is going to be a mountain.

LegoArmo

Rangers might struggle to go up next year, and if they do, they're already struggling financially, so it won't help. Big season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom