• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that this will be like Zidane/Petit all over again.

Neymar the poster boy will get all the attention and accolades while the better player at the tournament gets forgotten.

Put 3-1 in the prediction league.

So did i, awww yeah.

Pepe?

yhwosb.gif

Elsk?

Scum

Ush, Bungie, SpursGAF. Time to start saving up. We should buy Modric back. I miss the lovable cunt. 😢

King_Moc

Banned
Fuck, I'm actually finding it hard to play Destiny because of the frame rate. Must be below 30, even while just standing around. Yuck.

Clegg

Match sort of showed where Brazil are at. Alves and Luiz are a bit of a disaster at the back and the midfield lacks quality. Paulinho and Gustavo and hard workers but lack the guile to unlock teams. The Brazilians gave the ball away quite a lot and the Modric/Rakitic outplayed their counterparts. But Croatia lacked quality up front and it showed.

A team with a decent midfield and attack could pose a lot if problems for Brazil.

Pls ignore this post friends, I can't talk about soccer in the NFL thread anymore.

So yeah, Cesc to Chelsea. Ever since it became clear Cesc wanted out, Chelsea their ears probably popped up. Especially with the rumoured interest from the other big English clubs (besides Arsenal who claim they weren't interested, even with a rumoured buy-bay clause in place), because if there is one thing Chelsea loves more than buying talented player than it's buying players from under direct opponents their noses.

I'm interested to see how he does, they say he's basically there to replace Lampard, and I expect 1 maybe 2 more midfielders to be either sold or loaned out.

Having entrusted Van Gaal with the job of reviving the club, United are ready to abandon the exhaustive process of due diligence which Moyes was asked to undertake when he wanted players in his single season at United. Moyes’ hopes of signing the Porto pair Fernando and Eliaquim Managa were dashed last summer when he was asked for the kind detailed cost-justification reports which were never prepared by his predecessor Sir Alex Ferguson and could not provide that level of detail in time.

What

the

actual

fuck.

Actually feel bad for Moyes there.

Derp1na

Banned
I'm pretty certain we're (United) going to sign someone who has an amazing world cup but is actually shit.

It's the only thing that really makes any sense.

Elchele

Huh. Are Bayern looking to sell Jupp?

There are rumors about Schweinsteiger not being suited to Pep's tactics, but nothing real. Also, he's basically the face of Bayern and german national team, I really don't see us selling him... I think we will keep him and let the contract run out (2 years left I think).

Unless he pushes to leave, but I doubt it.

Specially with Kroos uncertain future, I don't see us letting Schweinsteiger leave now.

JABEE

Pls ignore this post friends, I can't talk about soccer in the NFL thread anymore.

So yeah, Cesc to Chelsea. Ever since it became clear Cesc wanted out, Chelsea their ears probably popped up. Especially with the rumoured interest from the other big English clubs (besides Arsenal who claim they weren't interested, even with a rumoured buy-bay clause in place), because if there is one thing Chelsea loves more than buying talented player than it's buying players from under direct opponents their noses.

I'm interested to see how he does, they say he's basically there to replace Lampard, and I expect 1 maybe 2 more midfielders to be either sold or loaned out.

Who is Cesc and how good is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom