• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

Regardless of the circumstances, Ozil would have been easily rated in the top 15 when he arrived at Arsenal.

Was widely spoken as one of the best, if not the best, play-a-makers in the world.

I was being semi-serious, for the record.

If Arsenal get a top 10 or 15 player this summer people will forget about Cesc.

kharma45

Kharma, there's some really early buses to Dublin from the Europa.

There's one every hour, but to get down was just too early for me to consider. If the flight leaves at 7.30am you'd have to get the 4am bus, so waking up at 3-3.30am. I ain't doing that.

Could've got a night in a hotel at the airport I guess but I didn't fancy paying for it.

Arse-GAF I haven't been following the market but are there no links between us and following players from La Liga:

Aduriz
Griezmann
Gameiro/Bacca

All of them had good seasons and scored enough goals for their level of experience. I know reports were circulating that Griezmann was PSG bound but what happened to that?

Fuck Arsenal, we are gonna wait till August 31st to sign someone who won't fill any real requirement.
It turns out we did need Ozil, but that was only because of our terrible medical staff and Ozil himself was injured.

Suen

Fuck Arsenal, we are gonna wait till August 31st to sign someone who won't fill any real requirement.
It turns out we did need Ozil, but that was only because of our terrible medical staff and Ozil himself was injured.
Imagine if we had a more competent manager and a slightly more aware manager. We'd be still yelling "TOP OF THE LEAGUE" then :'(

Regardless of the circumstances, Ozil would have been easily rated in the top 15 when he arrived at Arsenal.

Was widely spoken as one of the best, if not the best, play-a-makers in the world.

I was being semi-serious, for the record.
Hmm, maybe - I'm unconvinced. But regardless, I think it'll take a signing which generates the type of response Özil for people to be cool with Fabregas going to Chelsea.

I can't think of a player of that ilk available so I really don't see it happening. Guess you might not have thought Özil was available last June so we'll just have to see. At the moment I just don't see it.

I do think there are some sound reasons for him not pursuing Fabregas, I just mean from an emotional and fan morale point of view.

Salvadora

If Arsenal get a top 10 or 15 player this summer people will forget about Cesc.
There's truth in the phrase 'out of sight, out of mind.'

Cesc will certainly not be that while he plays in England. They will forget him if we sign a world class player and win. Also; Chelsea have to be shite next season.It will infuriate the fans if he's lighting up across London. Fuck, I hate Mourinho.
There's one every hour, but to get down was just too early for me to consider. If the flight leaves at 7.30am you'd have to get the 4am bus, so waking up at 3-3.30am. I ain't doing that.

Could've got a night in a hotel at the airport I guess but I didn't fancy paying for it.
Aye, I suppose that is too mental.

You'd effectively ruin the day by being so exhausted.

kharma45

Aye, I suppose that is too mental.

You'd effectively ruin the day by being so exhausted.

True that. Hadn't even thought about how knackered you'd be by the end of the day. Amsterdam flights were much more appealing. 10.10am out of Belfast Intl. Handy enough job.

jtb

Banned
I don't like that we haven't signed anyone before the world cup. if players have a good cup, their price and interest from other clubs is going way up.

If Balotelli has a good WC. We'll move for him I think.

this would be insane. I really don't want Balotelli.

wouldn't be surprised if he does have a good tournament though, or at least a few good games, he was brilliant in the Germany game at the Euros.

Imagine if we had a more competent manager and a slightly more aware manager. We'd be still yelling "TOP OF THE LEAGUE" then :'(

I decided to stop caring about Arsenal transfer dealings when I read Arsenal want to keep Kallstrom.

Fuck Arsenal and Juve transfer dealings.

Parma all the way.

I got my gf a city break for her birthday, was looking at Berlin but the flights were at 7.30am out of Dublin so was much too early to get down. Settled for Amsterdam instead. Looking forward to it all the same.

Hopefully there'll be more reasonable departure times at some stage, would love to get to Berlin. And Munich. And loads of other places in Germany.
Thats annoying. Maybe a connecting flight in Holland or something? Probably expensive though.

Berlin is cool, loads of character, recommended. Not had a chance to explore much yet.

Not been to Holland, on the very long list...

wedward

GeoffArsenal says the reason we didn't get Gustavo is because Gustavo wanted a guarantee that he would be a starter and Wenger wouldn't give it to him.

I don't think you should guarantee a player a starting spot, but when the competition is Flamini you probably should.

jtb

Banned
thinking about players in a "top 15" or whatever number mindset is really confusing... easier to think about whether they're one of the best handful at their position, I think.

GQman2121

Banned
Memories.....

BpXLH3cIIAAQs2h.jpg

Salvadora

GeoffArsenal says the reason we didn't get Gustavo is because Gustavo wanted a guarantee that he would be a starter and Wenger wouldn't give it to him.

I don't think you should guarantee a player a starting spot, but when the competition is Flamini you probably should.
Common sense would suggest that he would start, which is why I'm doubtful.

It's like Cavani asking for assurances that he would start ahead of Giroud.

jtb

Banned
Alex Song. now there's a fucking garbage player I was delighted to see leave. can't believe we conned Barcelona out of 15m for him. always hated that dumb lofted pass to RVP he got so much praise for.

Barzul

Arteta? Wilshere? Ramsey? His worries were valid. We should have lied to him anyways .

GorillaJu

So it would be fair to say that the scoreline flattered the victors then? 3-1 is pretty conclusive. What do you reckon it should have been on the balance of play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom