• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiot

MF4uoxY.jpg

Walshy

You don't play Gerrard and Henderson in a 4-2-3-1.

Poor performances from the majority of the English Liverpool contingent. Sturridge has played well in the second half of the Uruguay game and the Italy game. Sterling played well in the Italy game as well, but was eventually taken off.

I don't know whether to put it down to poor management from Hodgson or the poor performances from the Liverpool players.

Carbonox

England. Embarrassment all over the shop. Hodgson needs to be buried in the basement of a fucking mental institute like some Arkham Asylum reject along with Gerrard and Johnson.

Marc

Positives for England?

Sturridge, Sterling, Barkley and Cahill I think did well.

Apart from that... pile of wank. The FA need an overhaul, when the system hires someone as brainless as Woy Hodgson then something is clearly wrong. Not only that, but Southgate for our U21's? Can all piss off.

Hixx

People will slag the players off - and they have in general been even poorer than expected - but the manager has had a shocking tournament. The defensive frailties that he failed to recognize against Italy cost us and his blind loyalty to his captain tonight was an absolute joke.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
At least the English United Bros can now join us in following GAHL.

YES

Based Gahl will make this tournament awesome

Kinda glad its over with now, cant be doing with this nonsense anymore every tournament.

Walshy

Positives for England?

Apart from that... pile of wank. The FA need an overhaul, when the system hires someone as brainless as Woy Hodgson then something is clearly wrong. Not only that, but Southgate for our U21's? Can all piss off.
How was Barkley a positive?

Did he do anything in this game? Or in his cameo against Italy?

Great strike for the second by Suarez.

England needs to figure out that Rooney's form isn't their central concern: how the team plays as a whole should be.

anthonyOA

Once again we re-jig the whole team to make Rooney happy and out we go. Not surprised. Sterling deserved to play in the middle again after his first game against the Italians.

LTWheels

Now you all know what it was like to have Woy as a manager.

Thank god I have dual nationality. Would hate it if I only had England to support.

Forza Italia

Marc

How was Barkley a positive?

Did he do anything in this game? Or in his cameo against Italy?

Erm yes, he kept the ball for a start.

Which going by English standards is nigh on a fucking miracle. Haven't seen that as a fan for a loooong time, with Gerrard spanking it as hard as he can anywhere.

Feorax

Bit sad England are out, but I'll tell you what, Suarez producing so much salt in the WC thread makes it all worthwhile.

rodvik

Luckily I am half Irish so I have that to... oh... shit. Oh fuck international football back to where its at, the club game, I support Aston Villa....double shit.

Football is dead.

Wilbur

Banned
Positives for England?

Barkley did absolutely fuck all :lol, come off it.

People will slag the players off - and they have in general been even poorer than expected - but the manager has had a shocking tournament. The defensive frailties that he failed to recognize against Italy cost us and his blind loyalty to his captain tonight was an absolute joke.

Absolutely. Gerrard should have come off instead of Henderson. We should have played three in the middle.

But instead Hoddle is saying "because we don't have players like Suarez"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom