• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Erm yes, he kept the ball for a start.

Which going by English standards is nigh on a fucking miracle. Haven't seen that as a fan for a loooong time, with Gerrard spanking it as hard as he can anywhere.

So he done well? Jesus Christ.

You are Hodgson and Barkley is Gerrard.

Scum

Barkley did absolutely fuck all :lol, come off it.

Absolutely. Gerrard should have come off instead of Henderson. We should have played three in the middle.

But instead Hoddle is saying "because we don't have players like Suarez"
Gerrard should have never left the changing room.

Blablurn

Hart has actually moved out of the way of the shot there

Christ

iiFELi9Q2tSka.gif

Hixx

I'm out of the WC.

I just bought Witcher 2 so I can play through it again.

With it and WildStar football and the summer can fuck reet off.

I'm going to look like Casper come september.

Marc

So he done well? Jesus Christ.

You are Hodgson and Barkley is Gerrard.

For a young Englishman at a world cup? Hell yes.

You just saw two plums misplace every single fucking pass, as we do at every world cup from midfield and you see a guy who keeps it and write him off. Yeah, that's England sum'd up that. Get behind guys who clearly can't hack it at international level and jump on the back of someone who kept it and pushed us ten yards higher up the pitch.

Clegg

Thought Rooney was decent in the second half.

Obv he'll be castigated for only being decent but there are so many more players deserving of the blame.

Marc

So Woy is definitely going to go with the same lineup, right?

We'll drop Sturridge back and put Rooney up front.

Every time Gus speaks, he remind me of Scarface. Love him, can't begrudge him this.

Congrats to Uruguay btw, deserve to get out of the group ahead of us.

Del Bosque fucks up because he's too loyal to the players who'd won 2 Euros and 1 WC.

Hodgson fucks up because he's too loyal to, um, the guys, who uh, er, are popular at their clubs in the Premier League.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Ah the even that comes around every four years, sometimes two from the Euros, 5 lives 606 post World Cup exit "THE WAGES, THESE PLAYERS ON THESE WAGES, NO PASSION, WHEN WILL WE LEARN, WE DONT HAVE IT"

Love it

Hup Holland

Suen

Told ya England-GAF you're going out in the group stage (less there's a miracle). I was never convinced about England before or during WC, you've been looking shit for such a long time. I'll never get the hype about England in every Euro Cup or World Cup. Bunch of talented players that play like shit together.

Wilbur

Banned
For a young Englishman at a world cup? Hell yes.

You just saw two plums misplace every single fucking pass, as we do at every world cup from midfield and you see a guy who keeps it and write him off. Yeah, that's England sum'd up that. Get behind guys who clearly can't hack it at international level and jump on the back of someone who kept it and pushed us ten yards higher up the pitch.

That doesn't mean he did well. It just means he didn't play as shit as an old man.

Clegg

Eamon Dunphy just described Roy Hodgson's character as that of a junior civil servant.

John Giles believes England will never go far because they don't have players that'll kill their grannies to win.

This is top fucking notch analysis.

TeddyBoy

Woy picked a system first then tried to fit the players in it.

Instead he should have used a system to fit our players.

He did, a basic problem of mangers who aren't good enough. You pick a formation to beat the opposition and use the players who can fit the positions required of the formation. Ultimately Hodgson's team will be remembered for being too disjointed and not playing to any style, hopefully the next manager has a better idea.

I actually liked Barkley when he came on, he drove the ball forward and helped take the ball from the half way line to our forwards. He may not if done anything that special, but it helped fixed a lack of link up play in the first half.

Marc

These Joe Hart adverts...

Piss off.

Told ya England-GAF you're going out in the group stage (less there's a miracle). I was never convinced about England before or during WC, you've been looking shit for such a long time. I'll never get the hype about England in every Euro Cup or World Cup. Bunch of talented players that play like shit together.

I wouldn't have minded if we played all the kids and just gone full attack in games. Naive but building for the future at least.

Instead we tried to do both and did neither.

Scum

I'm still getting my head around the midfield. Did Hodgson just simply select 'Down the flanks' or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom