• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Bring on Chile Australia, man this is a great night for football

elseanio

Torres
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Meier

Not even the staunchest Dutch supporter could have predicted that big of a win. Worst defeat in history by a reigning champion. Unreal.

Salvadora

I wish I could watch his stuff. He has 0 problems just shitting on people, and it's great. He also actually knows what he's talking about.
I was under the impression that he just sat there and acted diplomatically, offering little insight.

But any man who shits on Busquets is a man of the people.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So people in here seem quite up on Chile. Must admit I know nothing about them save Vidal, are they genuine contenders? Or is it just because of how dire spain were?

Del Bosque really should try DDG, he's a good keeper even with as much as I hate United fools giving him credit for making saves double as hard as they are, by saving with his feet, but he's clearly way better than fucking Casillas... Think even Reina is.

So people in here seem quite up on Chile. Must admit I know nothing about them save Vidal, are they genuine contenders? Or is it just because of how dire spain were?

They are not a bad side at all... But eh, I could easily see Spain beating them comfortably.

FootballFan

Sanchez is an animal in the free role. He isnt restricted to the wing and it makes him fantastic.

If Vidal is fit and Sanchez continues to be on fire. Chile are a team that could reach quarters I'd say. No contenders though, that's dreaming.lol

Switzerland are the true underdog dark horses.

Salvadora

Thing is, the choice of Casillas as keeper wasn't made on the basis of quality so it's unlikely that he will be dropped for a lack of it.

At least, not yet.

Elchele

Sampaoli (their coach) was amazing during his time at Universidad de Chile. Attacking football, etc. They have a shot in qualifying for the next round for sure

Pranay

Thing is, the choice of Casillas as keeper wasn't made on the basis of quality so it's unlikely that he will be dropped for a lack of it.

At least, not yet.

3 goals conceded last 2 major tournament.

He is not at his best but some of comments are hilariously bad.

anthonyOA

Costa is probably really thinking hard about that decision to join up with Spain instead of Brasil right about now.

They don't suit his style of play at all.

Iniesta was great for the first 30mins but I guess that will be forgotten lol

Spain-v-Holland--008.jpg

Oh and the first goal from Van P was insane. will be repeated for years in highlight reels.

jtb

Banned
the thing about that rout is that it overshadows that Spain's penalty was soft, to put it generously. also missed Costa headbutt. three games, three horrific referee performances. luckily, only influenced one result so far.

Salvadora

3 goals conceded last 2 major tournament.

He is not at his best but some of comments are hilariously bad.
Right, a couple of things on that.

1. Last major tournament was 2 years ago.
2. Spain have massively declined.
3. De Gea has become one of the best keepers in the world.
4. Casillas has been shit.

Aging players in midfield and the defence being woeful has resulted in more chances for opposition teams, sure, but there is absolutely no quantifiable evidence to suggest that Casillas should be anywhere near the starting line-up.

Politics is a factor in all national teams, but this is really wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom