• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

In all honesty, Chile fucked that up by not sustaining that 10 minutes after Hulk's disallowed goal. There was another 10 minutes between that and them running out of energy, where they seemingly voluntarily decided to take their foot off of Brazil's throat

Did Neymar stop his motion during his run-up btw? Looked it at first watch

Didn't seem like it to me.

Marc

How close was the last pen, so cruel, but fun for me at least. :)

Sanchez is shit guys, can't even take a pen. Call back all negotiators.

What I never understand about pens is from a goalkeeper, why would you guess? If you stick to the middle and react to the shots you're bound to save at least 2-3 as so often they are down the middle or just to either side of you.

Joe Hart by comparison just dives 5 seconds before the kick trying to guess where it could go and ends up saving nothing. Which is why he should be dropped for England until he learns that.

Cesar was patient bar one of the pens and ended up getting a fair amount, if its in the bottom corner or top corner, so be it.

Scum

Went out for food & to help Mum and missed the shootout. Congrats to Brazil.

FM2014 on Steam for £8.74

FootballFan

Jesus christ. How Neymar could take a penalty at the end, knowing missing would surely eliminate Brazil. Incredible.

Chile were unlucky man.

Scum

I wonder how many are going to play some sort of "How many times Suarez is brought up...?" drinking game later tonight....

Jesus christ. How Neymar could take a penalty at the end, knowing missing would surely eliminate Brazil. Incredible.

Chile were unlucky man.
It'd be a disgrace had he not attempted it, and he doesn't decide when he takes it, Scolari does.

He did something you should expect your star player to do, not praise him for.
I wonder how many are going to play some sort of "How many times Suarez is brought up...?" drinking game later tonight....
Do you have a death wish?

Bad luck for Chile, they didn't scored that last goal for just a few inches.

And Brazil is playing such a fucking awful football, I hope they get wrecked in the next leg.

Wilbur

Banned
Oh it wasn't Diaz sorry, Aranguiz. Just incredible. One of the best penalties I've ever seen.

Loved that game. Love this World Cup. Come on Colombia.

Slizz

Lmao my local news is showing Brazil fans reactions from a restaurant when the last penalty was missed.

Almost every person was on their phone.

jtb

Banned
You've been saying this since the start :lol

"Croatia will beat Brazil here"

this Brazil team is so cunty but, more importantly, they're shit at football. croatia was robbed, the coin flip was rigged in the penalty shootout for Brazil (team that goes first wins like 80% of the time), the fix is in

Croyles

How close was the last pen, so cruel, but fun for me at least. :)

Sanchez is shit guys, can't even take a pen. Call back all negotiators.

What I never understand about pens is from a goalkeeper, why would you guess? If you stick to the middle and react to the shots you're bound to save at least 2-3 as so often they are down the middle or just to either side of you.

Joe Hart by comparison just dives 5 seconds before the kick trying to guess where it could go and ends up saving nothing. Which is why he should be dropped for England until he learns that.

Cesar was patient bar one of the pens and ended up getting a fair amount, if its in the bottom corner or top corner, so be it.

If you keep doing that people will catch on, and just shoot ultra precise penalties into the corners.

Neymar is complete hero. A real human bean.

He was leading that pep talk and then slotted his pen when it would have been easier to keel over and accept death.

Manager

I don't understand why he plays Hulk as winger and Fred in the middle, Hulk has scored plenty from a striker position before?

Hulk
Neymar - Oscar - Willian
Fernandinho - Gustavo

Did they try this before? Is it Scolari being stubborn again?

Marc

Luis Suarez bite: 'I lost my balance and fell on Chiellini'

Haha, only just read that, what a cunt.

FIFA should have made an apology mandatory and banned him longer if he refused. How can he try to deny it and his country try to say its a conspiracy against him.

If you keep doing that people will catch on, and just shoot ultra precise penalties into the corners.

Adds way more pressure to the kick though and you end up doing a Willian.

Scum

I don't understand why he plays Hulk as winger and Fred in the middle, Hulk has scored plenty from a striker position before?

Hulk
Neymar - Oscar - Willian
Fernandinho - Gustavo

Did they try this before? Is it Scolari being stubborn again?

Manager, pls. Here's a better lineup :-

-------------- Costa -------------
Neymar -- Oscar -- Willian
-- Fernandinho - Gustavo --

Costa. huehuehuehue

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
In what world is this right?

BrPRQrbCcAAbRM6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom