• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

darknil

cmzcqn.gif
image.php

Meier

Dammit. I didn't realize Marcos Rojo would be banned for this game.. would have been nice if the FIFA World Cup fantasy game indicated that. -_____-

De Bruyne is fucking gash. I don't think I've seen him do anything remotely good in all of Belgium's games.

He's been playing as good as he ever did for Belgium in this World Cup. As Wooden said, he's up and down but it's better than being always crap.

Belgiums problem is that they don't have any playmakers. Nobody who can pass the ball and direct moves.

Pretty much. Quite a few teams have the same problem to be fair. We're all wingers/strikers with a sturdy "ball winning" midfield. De Bruyne is the closest thing we have to a playmaker, says it all. Hazard is a creative winger who doesn't see the ball much, he can't do more.

I thought France looked clueless yesterday aswell when they couldn't reach their wide men, Valbuena and Griezmann.

Wilbur

Banned
Not just there, in the actual midfield too. Neither Witsel nor Fellaini can pass it.

Where's Dembele? Not exactly what they're looking for, but Wilmots has gone for physicality over anything else.

Di Maria already playing much better than the other day. And Messi always surprises me with just how good a passer he is as well; I don't know why, but it always gets lost in conversation with how many goals he scores.

Suen

Suen pls

He is a genius.
It was some beautiful play before that but only Ibra can pull off the goal/pass he attempted to do. What happened to your Benz avatar?

Where's Dembele? Not exactly what they're looking for, but Wilmots has gone for physicality over anything else.

Di Maria already playing much better than the other day. And Messi always surprises me with just how good a passer he is as well; I don't know why, but it always gets lost in conversation with how many goals he scores.
Messi's passing is crazy. The shit he pulls off sometimes in La Liga when assisting is out of this world. Di Maria looking much more confident here....glad he's not having a Cuadrado meltdown.

bud

belgium seem to rely almost entirely on the pace they have up front.

they look quite poor for what is supposed to be one of their best sides ever.

Meier

Loool, Kompany just made ADM his bitch there.

Strange World Cup for Hazard. Keep waiting for him to look anywhere near as good as he does for his club.

Probably DC'ing, but Thorgan Hazard will be spending the season on loan at Borussia Monchengladbach.

Hazard: "I'm excited to play for Borussia. I don't know much about the club, but I know Marco Reus played here, & my countryman Filip Daems. I'll try and give my best, and complete as many games as possible. That's the most important thing for me. It'll be trickier in the Bundesliga [than in Belgium], but I'll do everything to help Borussia with my goals and assists."

At least he's honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom