• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splatt

10407684_900073096683773_6759732397745051274_n.jpg

The only time I could endure United gaf's coach fapping was when Moyes came in. This Van Gaal fapping is becoming annoying, so much of it that you have a river of cum flowing already.

#TeamDC

I'm so scared about next year, Van Gaal's balls are so much bigger than Mou's :(

bud

Anyone else think the keeper swap was nothing more than to make sure that Van Gaal is the centre of the attention for Holland reaching the semi-finals? Taking the heat off Holland's performance over the 90+ mins.

cillessen is a very bad penalty stopper. don't think he ever stopped one. it's been somewhat of an issue. might as well put on someone who's stopped a penalty or two in his career if you've got a sub left rather than letting cillessen stay on. van gaal's 'weird' (if you wanna call it that) like that, i suppose. he wanted to play with vermeer, who is now ajax' second-choice keeper, just because he's a better footballer than the rest of the keepers.

Let's be honest for a minute though, obviously it's a great move but LVG. But let's not pretend he took a giant risk or anything, Krul went the right way every pen, he's obviously the better penalty stopper, it's clearly a move that made perfect sense.

It just isn't something most of us have ever seen, or frankly, considered. In my case anyway.

Wilbur

Banned
And Costa Rica did actually knock England out mathematically too, right? It was over for England when they beat Italy.

Oh yeah.

So they did

LOOOOOOL

#FuckFuturus

Let's be honest for a minute though, obviously it's a great move but LVG. But let's not pretend he took a giant risk or anything, Krul went the right way every pen, he's obviously the better penalty stopper, it's clearly a move that made perfect sense.

It just isn't something most of us have ever seen, or frankly, considered. In my case anyway.

I kinda agree. It's not that it's a weird move because clearly it made sense. But if they lost, everyone would have wondered "would Cillesen have done better?"

It's a ballsy move, even if there is huge logic behind it.

arkon

Missed all the fun today :(

I still can't believe Netherlands won on penalties.

Congratulations to the Dutch contingent of FootyGAF. Hope you guys go all the way this time.

FootballFan

You have to respect genius, not reject it.

Van gaal deserves Nobel peas price or balloon dor

That's the thing - a simple and pretty obvious move that most people just don't consider.

LvG is all about the details.

omgkitty

Argentina vs Brazil with Messi ascending to heaven

Or

Holland Vs Germany with Ozil coming back from the sprit realm.

I think it will be interesting to see if Holland make it. They haven't been tested defensively in this tournament yet, and their defense is pretty young. Definitely expect Messi to tear them apart. I'm hoping Germany vs Argentina final with Germany winning of course :D

I kinda agree. It's not that it's a weird move because clearly it made sense. But if they lost, everyone would have wondered "would Cillesen have done better?"

It's a ballsy move, even if there is huge logic behind it.

Oh absolutely, taking nothing away, I'm just saying it's not as crazy a move in hindsight now that my blood pressure has settled.

There's 2 points to be made:

1. Krul's a better pen stopper and this was obviously pre-planned with the GK coach Frans Hoek.

2. The move was also born out of psychology/kidology to put off the CR team.

Lightning

Banned
Before the world cup I'd have settled for getting out of our group. Now we're in the semis.

Argentina will be amazingly hard game but anything can happen. Either way, successful world cup and I'm proud of what we've achieved so far. Before the tournament I can recall all the posts about how we had a poor talent team and how this was one of the worst dutch teams.

I'm absolutely delighted.

GQman2121

Banned
Alexis Lalas is a cunt. he can't possibly be the best ESPN can find, can he?

ESPN isn't worried about quality. They're worried about hits and presence within social media. They consider contempt for their on air talent as money in the bank.

FuturusX

no, we knocked ourselves out

Some would say that about a few teams.

Semantics, whatever. They got further than England. And the team that knocked out England.

Semantics? Just plain facts :)

But Costa Rica being better than England doesn't make Holland any better a team.

Both England and Holland drew with Costa Rica over 90 minutes (and 120 for Holland ) does that make Holland and England equal? Nope.

England were utter shite. But LVG should know that they'll have to play better to beat Messi.

Slizz

Who 'looked' good during the WC and who is actually still remaining in the cup tells all.

All the 'good looking' squads for the most part are out.

Also its a fucking tournament luck is going to play a part, so many variables.

Some would say that about a few teams.

But Costa Rica being better than England doesn't make Holland any better a team.

Both England and Holland drew with Costa Rica over 90 minutes (and 120 for Holland ) does that make Holland and England equal? Nope.

England were utter shite. But LVG should know that they'll have to play better to beat Messi.

Not always the way these things work. CR are the first team Holland have played who really went all out defence to nullify any counter attack opportunity.

Before the world cup I'd have settled for getting out of our group. Now we're in the semis.

Argentina will be amazingly hard game but anything can happen. Either way, successful world cup and I'm proud of what we've achieved so far. Before the tournament I can recall all the posts about how we had a poor talent team and how this was one of the worst dutch teams.

I'm absolutely delighted.

I still think the quality of your team is worse than others'.

But van Gaal looks like the only good coach left in this tournament and uses the team's full potential. While other coaches have better quality but worse tactics and don't use the team's potential. Argentina looks poor and run by Messi, Scolari still fields FRED and Löw is all around shit.

defel

Are you having an argument with yourself? lool

jtb

Banned
Who 'looked' good during the WC and who is actually still remaining in the cup tells all.

All the 'good looking' squads for the most part are out.

Also its a fucking tournament luck is going to play a part, so many variables.

I think Argentina have played well in the knockout stages. organized, defensively solid—which was always the concern I feel like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom