• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuturusX

Not always the way these things work. CR are the first team Holland have played who really went all out defence to nullify any counter attack opportunity.

Agreed but there is real vulnerability that has been exposed time and time again. Australia ,Mexico and Costa Rica all had the Dutch looking ropey at the back.

To be fair RVP had a terribly poor game. Should have ended this a contest way before penalties.

I expect Messi to provide a suitable challenge.

Are you having an argument with yourself? lool

Yeah - didn't you know every account in this thread is one big series of ALT accounts :p

arkon

brendan-rodgers_2436492b.jpg

Our mission is simple

jose-mourinho_1218950c.jpg

The threat is real

Manuel-Pellegrini-001.jpg

They must be destroyed

Arsene-Wenger-001.jpg

No prisoners, no mercy, no surrender

Van-Persie-high-five-with-Van-Gaal-2014-World-Cup_0.jpg

Gaal Qaeda will be eradicated

This is RAWK-level fanfic

A Brazil - Argentina final. In the Maracana. Messi one game away from lifting the WC.

The fucking national anthems alone would be better than any other final.

Edit: Wooden, check my twitter

I'll back Germany and Argentina to get through.

Germany are much better than Brazil.

Argentina vs Brazil will be pretty even I think. Argentina are slowwww so if Holland can draw them out and get them running backwards I think they can destroy their defence. But Messi.

I still want Brazil vs Argentina though. We need it.

Scum

I'll back Germany and Argentina to get through.

Germany are much better than Brazil.

Argentina vs Brazil will be pretty even I think. Argentina are slowwww so if Holland can draw them out and get them running backwards I think they can destroy their defence. But Messi.

I still want Brazil vs Argentina though. We need it.

This is what I've been thinking. But I get the feeling the young ones in the Dutch side will admire Messi too much and let him have his way.

Wilbur

Banned
Robben was really good again tonight.

Player of the tournament so far imo.

Yeah. It's hard to narrow it down to a few because I think goalkeepers and attackers have been far more impressive than those in between them, but agreeing with Futurus.

Robben, Hummus, Messi in that order.

Bryan Oviedo would have won Costa Rica this match, there is a player I'm upset got a terrible injury and missed the world cup. There's always a little light, even the in darkest heart.
jbt6ZeEpbmJrSS.png

Wilbur

Banned
Might just have to put two dudes on him, especially with Di Maria gone.

Yeah; I'm assuming Perez or Biglia will start with ADM out, which means Messi is going to have to drop a lot deeper to get things going because he doesn't have anyone of similar creativity to help out.

I shed a tear for hazard at fulltime vs Argentina. He looked hurt. :(

Just kidding, didn't even see him at fulltime since he was subbed off for his great performances this wc. :p

2 assists m8, that's more than the worlds greatest footballer Ronaldo got. Not like Hazard cares, he got hamburgers to eat.

FootballFan

Yeah; I'm assuming Perez or Biglia will start with ADM out, which means Messi is going to have to drop a lot deeper to get things going because he doesn't have anyone of similar creativity to help out.

You ever heard of a player called Gago mate?

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom