• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.
robben is the player of the tournament so far.

he can't be natty. not at that age. not with his pace.

He's missed like 4 years of competitive football from injuries early in his career. May have helped preserve his body.

Age 27-30 is your athletic prime anyway.

FuturusX

Holland are only going to fuck up the final against Brazil or Germany. Perennial chokers...might as well give Argentina the pass to make the final competitive /troll

Wilbur

Banned
I'd post a team of the tournament but viva would only laugh and wooden would only moan and someone would bemoan me for leaving one of three or four outstanding keepers out ;_;

wimbledon final tomorrow. GO FED

What a fucking summer

I'd post a team of the tournament but viva would only laugh and wooden would only moan and someone would bemoan me for leaving one of three or four outstanding keepers out ;_;

What a fucking summer

Unfortunately I think Djokovic will stomp him.

I would love it if GOAT won though. Would be majestic.

FuturusX

What a fucking summer

If FED wins greatest of all time? Or most handsome?

Side note: bit disappointed by Depay today. Looks like he has good physical attributes without the techinical ability to actually dribble well (i.e. Welbeck syndrome)

Slizz

Kuyts pen was a bit lucky I felt, started to lose his balance on his plant foot and barely slotted it in.

Not hating though.

Scum

robben is the player of the tournament so far.

he can't be natty. not at that age. not with his pace.

Pep, innit.
ronaldld1cot7.png

Kuyts pen was a bit lucky I felt, started to lose his balance on his plant foot and barely slotted it in.

Not hating though.

I think he just looks very ungainly - but knew exactly what he was doing. All of their penalties were really good and their best one didn't even have to step up!

Lightning

Banned
LvG's ruthlessness could be the best thing that ever happened to Rooney. Could see the best out of him next season as LvG won't tolerate his nonsense.

Go_Ly_Dow

tVbulfV.jpg

Manchester United's most capped player, Ryan Giggs, has been given an honorary doctorate by the University of Bolton.

The University said it made the award in recognition of his outstanding contribution to sport.

Giggs made a club record 963 appearances for Manchester United and played 64 times for Wales.

He briefly took over as manager at the club after the sacking of David Moyes and will now work as assistant to new coach Louis van Gaal.

YES MOYES!

FootballFan

That might be true, but Pete Sampras Extreme Tennis is the only one I actually really played.

I should get a top spin game.

and I wish they would make a good golf game again soon.

Anna Kournikova Smash Court Tennis was actually really fun. Played it heaps when it released, nice game modes too. If you have someone to play with, it became even better.

Top Spin 4 is much more realistic of course lol. But if you are looking for a tennis game, that's what I'd recommend.

Tiger Woods 2004 was the last golf game I really enjoyed.

edit
see even Nathan plays top spin 4. And he doesn't even play games.

EmiPrime

LvG's ruthlessness could be the best thing that ever happened to Rooney. Could see the best out of him next season as LvG won't tolerate his nonsense.

Making an example of a popular/big player by sidelining him is one of the oldest managerial tricks in the book for a new manager to show his authority. Mourinho did it to Mata, I can definitely see Van Gaal doing it to Rooney.

FootballFan

...jesus christ the WC thread.

at the moment it is full of:

"I want some of that salt with my pretzels."

"You are salty."

"Mmmm tastes so good, so salty."

"I'm not salty."

...srsly guys.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
...jesus christ the WC thread.

at the moment it is full of:

"I want some of that salt with my pretzels."

"You are salty."

"Mmmm tastes so good, so salty."

"I'm not salty."

...srsly guys.
Posting in that thread should automatically hide this from you. Mumei pls.

Carbonox

So fucking chuffed for Krul. What a lad.

Just watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes again so I refresh my memory before Dawn. Just as amazing as I remember. #BasedSerkis

LNBL

I'm hoping the game vs argentina will give us space to deploy the counters we used against Spain. And sorry, but i'm happy Di Maria won't play against us (hope he recovers quickly though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom