• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

United fans talk like they can just go and get anyone they like whenever they like. What when Vidal moves expect a shit ton of competition for that signature.
I don't think anyone here feels that way Lightning. Pretty sure most United fans in general know how hard it'll be to sign the players the club wants the most.

IXwwN6X.gif

Clegg

LVG's first press conference is today!

Also a report that LVG put a hold on Vidal because he just wants to being in Strootman. So he may just look to get by till then...which sucks.
That report is from the Manchester Evening News which is one of the least reliable outlets for United stories.

Lightning

Banned
I don't think anyone here feels that way Lightning. Pretty sure most United fans in general know how hard it'll be to sign the players the club wants the most.
Just comes across that way. I mean no disrespect but the players United are linked too would interest PSG, Bayern, Madrid, Barca, Chelsea, City and all of these can offer astronomical amounts of money too. They will be very hard deals to complete.

Strootman not so much but Pogba and Vidal will be in high demand.

Hope he signs a 4 year deal then rides the bench. Greedy punk.

Blablurn

I really don't know why they let him go...

Wasn't it GAF who kept mocking us for having to many midfielders?

Furthermore he wanted to much money. Bayern did a mistake by overpaying players like Götze. And Kroos was the first player in a long time who was regarded as replacable. So Bayern said no to the wage rise and sold him. He's no game changers. And once Thiago is back our midfield will be full anyway. Thiago will always play.

The question is: Who will play next to him? Schweini, Lahm, Martinez, Alaba, Hojbjerg?

So yeah. In the end it came down to the fact that Kroos was replacable. No game changer.

Still surprised he didn't go to Manchester in the end.

Vanburencio

Neo Member
Plus, Kroos contract ends next year right? And he refused to sign an extension, so better to earn 25 millions than nothing.

Anyway, Madrid fanbase wants Casillas out. Any bids? XD

raiot

Wasn't it GAF who kept mocking us for having to many midfielders?

Furthermore he wanted to much money. Bayern did a mistake by overpaying players like Götze. And Kroos was the first player in a long time who was regarded as replacable. So Bayern said no to the wage rise and sold him. He's no game changers. And once Thiago is back our midfield will be full anyway. Thiago will always play.

The question is: Who will play next to him? Schweini, Lahm, Martinez, Alaba, Hojbjerg?

So yeah. In the end it came down to the fact that Kroos was replacable. No game changer.

Still surprised he didn't go to Manchester in the end.

Hm, this all makes sense, but I'm still a little sad to see him go.
So... can we sign Reus now? :D

Vanburencio

Neo Member
Why do Madrid want James and Kroos? They already have Isco. Just a comical club.

In fact, that James thing is only about press getting bored in summer.

Kroos is to use Isco as strikers replacement, since Jesé won't be ready till October and Morata wants to leave. And, of course, because Xabi is 33 and probably next year will leave for Real Sociedad.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We're after number 10s apparently

The one positive outta all this :lol

But the names we're hearing are all unattainable and quite expensive :/ Like, why would Pastore come back to ITALY, accept a salary cut and play for Allegri The Abyssbringer? I would take the bench in France any day of the week

scently

We're after number 10s apparently

The one positive outta all this :lol

But the names we're hearing are all unattainable and quite expensive :/ Like, why would Pastore come back to ITALY, accept a salary cut and play for Allegri The Abyssbringer? I would take the bench in France any day of the week

You could give us Vidal and we will give you Kagawa and Nani. You get a No10 and a winger+money. Win-win

fuenf

gQUtSVI.png

Bye Bitch

:( Congratz Real Madrid! Congratz La Liga and congratz pulga.

Over the World Cup tournament Kroos was easily our most consistent player, while others like Müller / Schweini / Neuer / Götze / Hummels had higher peak performances Kroos was pretty much always right in the thick of it.

Over the past 2 seasons I preached how special Kroos was, that he was already on a similar level to Schweinsteiger despite being 4 years younger and I cant take that back now. You are getting an amazing player and it pains me that he has to leave Bayern, enjoy his stay at Madrid.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You could give us Vidal and we will give you Kagawa and Nani. You get a No10 and a winger+money. Win-win
I don't know if we're after wingers now, since Allegri likes using a 4-3-1-2.

Or maybe he's going to stick to our 3-5-2 to avoid changing too much.

So yeah, no wingers mmm

Gambit

:( Congratz Real Madrid! Congratz La Liga and congratz pulga.

Over the World Cup tournament Kroos was easily our most consistent player, while others like Müller / Schweini / Neuer / Götze / Hummels had higher peak performances Kroos was pretty much always right in the thick of it.

Over the past 2 seasons I preached how special Kroos was, that he was already on a similar level to Schweinsteiger despite being 4 years younger and I cant take that back now. You are getting an amazing player and it pains me that he has to leave Bayern, enjoy his stay at Madrid.

so true. Shame he's gone, but good luck to him. I can understand his frustration at being paid less than Alaba.

Congrats, Real.

this is the first time I am sad about a player leaving since...Pizarro, I guess.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think our formation will be closer to 4-1-2-1-2

Vidal Marchisio and Pogba can play behind the strikers

Pogba :lol honestly, there's no fucking way he's extending his contract now, off to Madrid sooner rather than later.

I think our formation will be closer to 4-1-2-1-2

Vidal Marchisio and Pogba can play behind the strikers

Pogba :lol honestly, there's no fucking way he's extending his contract now, off to Madrid sooner rather than later.
Maybe he is a true juventino unlike traitor Zidane.

Maddox

Since we heve some new guys in the thread and some might not know there is one, here's the link for the FootballGAF Destiny group, all consoles/modes

I don't really know what I'm doing with the clan-within-group stuff, it seems to be set to be available as a default clan for PSN and XBL, but you have to choose 'Set as Playstation/Xbox Clan' to do the same, depending on your platform of choice.

I think I might join up with you lot when i get that white PS4 at Launch.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Maybe he is a true juventino unlike traitor Zidane.
the age of loyal footballers is long gone, not everyone is like Rooney unfortunately.

and honestly do you blame them? What good did that do to Del Piero? Mauro Camoranesi? Trezegol? No one deserves your loyalty or love anymore, especially Juve :lol just take the fat paycheck and jump from European club to the next.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Its too warm, we are linked with no-one and my foot smells

Truly the worst of all days

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tottenham tour update:

Romania defender Vlad has been complaining of stiffness in his lower back and is continuing to be assessed to determine the extent of the problem, while Sandro is recovering from a virus and has been kept behind on medical advice to avoid the risk of spreading the infection.

Levy if you're fucking with me and Sandro is about to be sold...

ibd5Hqb4mQ5GSI.gif

Salazar

Just comes across that way. I mean no disrespect but the players United are linked too would interest PSG, Bayern, Madrid, Barca, Chelsea, City and all of these can offer astronomical amounts of money too. They will be very hard deals to complete.

Fuck mate

If Arsenal can do it

Lightning

Banned
Tottenham tour update:

Levy if you're fucking with me and Sandro is about to be sold...

ibd5Hqb4mQ5GSI.gif
Lol the virus excuse. I think every club has pulled that one before a player is sold.

Fuck mate

If Arsenal can do it
Arsenal can't do it, that's the problem. As soon as deals get complicated they go the way Khedira is going.

We can't even get Lars Bender out of Leverkusen. Yet we're going to convince Pogba? Fuck sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom