• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this just made me laugh:

Sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta said: "Luis Suarez is going to play a positive role in the years he will be at Barcelona."

"This is an important point although Barcelona is more important than one player, he added.

The Spanish giants "accept humans with all their imperfections, all their mistakes and their capacity to learn from their errors."

http://english.astroawani.com/news/show/football-barcelona-accepts-suarez-imperfections-39995?cp

Pennywise

I'm thinking about it.
The standard "headset" they delievered with the ps4 is fine for short sessions, with destiny/fifa/tlou coming up, I might gonna buy one as well.

Sorry elsk, no donation :<

rvy

Banned
Kinda iffy about buying Skate 3 via Amazon. Some store is selling it and I don't trust them when they claim claim it's the non-Classics version.

This upsets me.

Since we heve some new guys in the thread and some might not know there is one, here's the link for the FootballGAF Destiny group, all consoles/modes

I don't really know what I'm doing with the clan-within-group stuff, it seems to be set to be available as a default clan for PSN and XBL, but you have to choose 'Set as Playstation/Xbox Clan' to do the same, depending on your platform of choice.

Thanks! I completely forgot when the beta was starting.

K1LLER7

First training sessions under Gaal must be tense as fuck

Clevdog attempting rabonas and offering to help with the cones
Loool

Ashley young was putting extra effort into his stretches. Ando tried to do the same, but suprisingly injured himself.

Gaal just stands there, hands behind his back, hair blowing in the wind and watches.

Suen

Suen. Pls write how it is. I thought about buying it as well.
m8 just so you know it's for my smartphone, not for any console. It's compatible with lots of devices though, some websites says it works with PS3....so I'd assume it would work with PS4 as well. What do you want to use it for?

5o9zsQt.jpg

Godslay

Banned
Meanwhile, the planet burns.

I can understand this. Any time you flip a switch, jump in your car, eat a meal, etc, you are adding to the planet's burn. My AC unit is a high efficiency unit, my house is properly sized to my family (not a McMansion), and it's well insulated. No matter what you do in this age, you are adding to it.

GorillaJu

$110 isn't crazy. That's around the minimum I aim to pay for headphones. The difference between $10 headphones and $50 giant. The difference between $50 and $100 is just as big. When I went to the electronics store and tried out various earbuds, these JVCs sounded so good I didn't even think twice about putting down $150 for the set.

PZJWkTp.jpg

$110 isn't crazy. That's around the minimum I aim to pay for headphones. The difference between $10 headphones and $50 giant. The difference between $50 and $100 is just as big. When I went to the electronics store and tried out various earbuds, these JVCs sounded so good I didn't even think twice about putting down $150 for the set.

PZJWkTp.jpg
I've got a nice pair of ATH-AD900Xs on the way. $300 headset aww yiss

inky

So the rubber is finally coming off the thumbsticks in my 360 wired controller I use for my PC. (I bought it at the start of last gen and it has served me well). What do you guys think I should buy to replace it?

- Another wired 360 controller.
- PS4 controller
- Xbox One controller
- other option?

I pretty much prefer it to be wired and as I understand both the PS4 and XBONE ones need a generic mini-USB cable to work anyway, although I'm not 100% sure on this. I don't own either new console so that isn't a factor. I'm leaning on the XBONE one just for the new+familiar feel and no need for extra SW but might as well ask for some input before I drop $70 on it.

Sorry for the OT question but I thought you guys might know considering some of you play PC FIFA and the like =)

Getting ready for the upcoming season, gonna miss Nike though. I still think the kits look cheap but they were sold out at the Puma store (only had 2 XXLs left apparently) so I got a t-shirt instead. Went with the 'High Risk Red' option lol.

53a28032557d204dd114b8df48ef46f3_zps8a2845aa.jpg

So the rubber is finally coming off the thumbsticks in my 360 wired controller I use for my PC. (I bought it at the start of last gen and it has served me well). What do you guys think I should buy to replace it?

- PS4 controller
- Xbox One controller
- other option?

I pretty much prefer it to be wired and as I understand both the PS4 and XBONE ones need a generic mini-USB cable to work anyway, although I'm not 100% sure on this. I don't own either new console so that isn't a factor. I'm leaning on the XBONE one just for the new+familiar feel and no need for extra SW but might as well ask for some input before I drop $70 on it.

Sorry for the OT question but I thought you guys might know considering some of you play PC FIFA and the like =)
I've been an xbox guy all my life and I really like my DS4 for one reason only: the dpad is so good. Software isn't too much of a problem either. Just download DS4Windows and you are set.

GorillaJu

- PS4 controller
- Xbox One controller
- other option?

I love—loooooooove my PS4 controllers. Use one on PC every day and heartily recommend it. It does require minor workarounds here and there to get it working with various titles, so that's a major drawback. But the comfort and "performance" (I just play games better with PS controller buttons over Xbox) outweigh the negatives. I think you can use it wirelessly, though I just use a standard USB port.

Suen

PZJWkTp.jpg
I wouldn't mind paying this price (or even some more) if I'd be guaranteed it lasts more than a year. The last ones I bought were around $51, sound was very good and I was satisfied with it. It lasted me about a year though (tbh it could have lasted longer. I was a bit rough with them). Part of the reason I went with wireless this time is because I want to avoid (accidentally) damaging it so I'm hoping this one lasts at the very least 3 years. I don't want to be paying $110 for some fucking headset every year.

Paying $300 for a headset is insane though. I think that's something only Dutch people do. In Tata Martino's own words: it's almost a lack of respect to the world

tata-martino-630.jpg

cast%20aluminum%20sun%20faces%20small.jpg

I wouldn't mind paying this price (or even some more) if I'd be guaranteed it lasts more than a year. The last ones I bought were around $51, sound was very good and I was satisfied with it. It lasted me about a year though (tbh it could have lasted longer. I was a bit rough with them). Part of the reason I went with wireless this time is because I want to avoid (accidentally) damaging it so I'm hoping this one lasts at the very least 3 years. I don't want to be paying $110 for some fucking headset every year.

Paying $300 for a headset is insane though. I think that's something only Dutch people do. In Tata Martino's own words: it's almost a lack of respect to the world

Unless of course, you want the most neutral sound available then yes, those 300 dollar headset is worth the price.

But I agree that if you don't do any audio design work or not so much of a purist then it's a waste of money.

Herr K

Banned
I have the Vsonic GR07 BE and I'm really happy with them. Around $180 but you can get them for less if you search hard enough. They're really good.

Blablurn

m8 just so you know it's for my smartphone, not for any console. It's compatible with lots of devices though, some websites says it works with PS3....so I'd assume it would work with PS4 as well. What do you want to use it for?
For everything actually. Indoors for my ps4 and outside with my android smartphone. We are talking about the wireless headset 2.0, right?

LVG's first press conference is today!

Also a report that LVG put a hold on Vidal because he just wants to being in Strootman. So he may just look to get by till then...which sucks.

Lightning

Banned
United fans talk like they can just go and get anyone they like whenever they like. What when Vidal moves expect a shit ton of competition for that signature.

Waiting for Strootman is dangerous especially if he might never fully recover from his injury.

Fully agree with you.

United fans talk like they can just go and get anyone they like whenever they like. What when Vidal moves expect a shit ton of competition for that signature.

No, we are saying Man U's interest was put on hold by LVG. Always has been maintained that Vidal only moves if Juve force him out because we offer a big sum of money or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom