• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

cremino

Shitty 1st half, too many erratic passes and shots, all in all, deserved lead for Copenaghen. Hope Conte punches every player

pulga

Banned
We wanted him out if we got a replacement. No replacement. And we never wanted to sell him to Chelsea. Chelsea was the only option, therefore we didn't want him sold.

Don't make me go through the hivemind archive. All those fucking formations without a single Rooney in it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What's going on Juve?
"My name is Juventus FC, king of kings:
Look on my titles, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

And on the pedestal these words appear:
"CUNTE OUT"

Rad-

Looooooool this commentator just said Fellaini has been by far the worst player tonight. The other guy just looked at him like "wtf...".

Suen

We need to go back to lightning fast counter attacks. This pseudo tiki taka bullshit is boring and doesn't suit us.
I liked that aspect of the team under Mou but always though it created more problems than what it solved. Yes we were very dangerous on counters but if our opponents made it hard for us to get the ball or pressed very hard we often wasted lots of times defending and waiting for that "perfect" counter opportunity. My thoughts on the matter was that Ancelotti would be able to take a bit of the both. Makes us better at building up play from nothing and then press the opponents and also be very dangerous on counters. I still believe he can pull it through, he just needs more time. The advantage with that is that we get a plan B then instead of over-relying on counters.

Wilbur

Banned
RVP and Carrick have probably been our 'worst' players, but no one's been bad.

"My name is Juventus FC, king of kings:
Look on my titles, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

And on the pedestal these words appear:
"CUNTE OUT"

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

God I love you

Zabojnik

What's going on Juve?

We're moving in slo-mo. Nothing happening on the wings (well, of course, we have no fucking wingers!), Quagliarella sucks, our midfield is absent tonight. Long balls from defenders, all night long.

Congrats Real and Galatasaray, well deserved. EL awaits us.

CONTE OUT, FUCKING 3-5-2 OUT.

FootballFan

We're moving in slo-mo. Nothing happening on the wings (well, of course, we have no fucking wingers!), Quagliarella sucks, our midfield is absent tonight. Long balls from defenders, all night long.

I wish you guys bought Messi.

Neymar would be the new amazing false 9 for us.

cremino

CONTE OUT, FUCKING 3-5-2 OUT.

We even have the final at home.........

Empty

Looooooool this commentator just said Fellaini has been by far the worst player tonight. The other guy just looked at him like "wtf...".

he hasn't been incredible or anything

but the impact of having him there and just playing well is pretty transformative. comparing the way teams have easily cut through us in europe in the last few seasons to how leverkusen were calmy shut down in the first half is very striking.

Don't make me go through the hivemind archive. All those fucking formations without a single Rooney in it.

Because Rppmey is a piece of shit. Still is. Still, I've always maintained that we should have sold him at the beginning of the window and only to a foreign team. Go look at all my posts. It's been consistent from the start. I also prefer Shinji behind the striker. Rppmey should be put on the left wing.

He's having a good game though.

Wilbur

Banned
Valencia has been. One or two good crosses in 45 mins of football.

He's like Walcott without the ability to dribble or finish.

I'd imagine that would be close to our first team, plus Rafael.

Oh fuck I genuinely forgot he was even playing loooool

Can we sub him for Zahallah? No? Not on the bench? Adnan? NO?

FootballFan

Yeah I was leaning towards this one. Shakhtar is a bit shit this year, like 4th or 5th in Ukraine, so Sociedad should be winning this.

Yeah I'm surprised Sociedad has been dominating. Could have had a pelanty too but I couldn't really tell as it was a really close call, it was given just outside the box.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I just checked the scores. Everything as expected except for Juve. Are Juve resting players?
Barzagli, Marchisio, Vucinic and Asamoah are not playing, but it's really not an excuse.

We've wasted a few chances but our performance (and attitude) is subpar.

dc89

Real Madrid

or the massive club that can't score against Ruben Kansan Victoria whoever

was a tough choice for disco

Well there was a deal already in place to bring him to City. So he must have liked something. Then Zidane stood in and forced the knife into his hand, the knife that stabbed Pellegrini in the back.

ibxjPd0e1wrk7k.gif

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
He created like 4 attacks. It wasn't just the last two. He was a bit sloppy in his play for a bit there though.

Is he supposed to be coming off the left? Feels like, honestly, he would be more suited to Rooneys current drifting role off of RVP.

Top Bottom