• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that near post though? It looks like it went straight over the keepers head

Either way, what's he supposed to do? His arms are in the right position to cover the likely parts of the goal, his near post is covered enough, as is his far post. It is not possible to react quickly enough to block that shot with the (correct) starting position in mind. If he was taller, he could have perhaps jumped and blocked it with his head, but even then it would take incredible reflexes and speed of thought.

Either way, what's he supposed to do? His arms are in the right position to cover the likely parts of the goal, his near post is covered enough, as is his far post. It is not possible to react quickly enough to block that shot with the (correct) starting position in mind. If he was taller, he could have perhaps jumped and blocked it with his head, but even then it would take incredible reflexes and speed of thought.

No, I agree it's not the keepers fault.

So...

#ligademierda

-----

Gerard Piqué ‏@3gerardpique 46min

Viendo una película de humor por el Canal + Liga.. Siempre va bien a estas horas de la noche!

---

Álvaro Arbeloa ‏@aarbeloa17 2min

Muy contentos con los 3 puntos! Me alegro de que algunos cambien el teatro por el cine, eso siempre esta bien! pic.twitter.com/a1HR3pri8G

Edit: Sorry for the double post

Salvadora

how was ryo?
His lack of fitness stood out particularly.

120 minutes is grueling for anyone, but he looked like giving up well before that. Might have been carrying a knock, dunno. Some decent crosses at times though. Gnabry is far more exciting, played a brilliant ball through to Bendtner which he should have scored.

Suen

Barca scored in like 95' against Sevilla where there were only three added minutes

HALA MADRID
Don't forget Sevilla's disallowed goal, that + added time removed would have meant that Sevilla won. Fuck off Barca-GAF :lol

So...

#ligademierda

-----

Viendo una película de humor por el Canal + Liga.. Siempre va bien a estas horas de la noche!

---

Muy contentos con los 3 puntos! Me alegro de que algunos cambien el teatro por el cine, eso siempre esta bien! pic.twitter.com/a1HR3pri8G

:lol

dat banter

Salvadora

It was mentioned during the game, apparently it isn't bad enough to stop him from playing.

This is partly why we have such shite injuries.

Walcott apparently wasn't 100% before the Marseille game and still played. Now look at him.

Wenger is an awful gambler, why won't he stop.

Barzul

This is partly why we have such shite injuries.

Walcott apparently wasn't 100% before the Marseille game and still played. Now look at him.

Wenger is an awful gambler, why won't he stop.
Well looks like our injury luck is turning around. Arteta, Rosicky and Vermaelen back. Carzola and Walcott soon and Podolski shortly after. Ox and Diaby are our only long term injuries and Ox is back in a month and a half Wenger said.

pulga

Banned
So...

#ligademierda

-----

---

Holy shit Arbeloa! You suck on the pitch but what a BURN!!!

For the non spanish speaking, Pique tweeted "Watching a comedy movie on C+ Liga..they always do good at this hour of the night!" as the lols were ensuing on the pitch

Arbeloa tweeted back: "Very happy with the 3 points! Im also happy some are exchanging the theatre for the movies, that always does good!"

Dat banter hahaha

K1LLER7

I'm glad my suggestion for OT title was used =P

Next one should be Januzaj related.

OT8| United/München/Juventus/PSG/Barcelona's Belgainian Prince |

All league teams represented. Would be the perfect thread.

Suen

Read this earlier today on my way home, pretty good lol.

Holy shit Arbeloa! You suck on the pitch but what a BURN!!!

For the non spanish speaking, Pique tweeted "Watching a comedy movie on C+ Liga..they always do good at this hour of the night!" as the lols were ensuing on the pitch

Arbeloa tweeted back: "Very happy with the 3 points! Im also happy some are exchanging the theatre for the movies, that always does good!"

Dat banter hahaha
:lol finally he does something good. Truly a player of Liverpool quality, good at trolling back, useless on the pitch.

Wilbur

Banned
How is the new title not What is kip?! That was the funniest thing I've read in ages. London for nap was close.

Good win tonight. Didnt see the game but seems like we played alright, if not great. Give me that sweet sweet macho Pea

pulga

Banned
How is the new title not What is kip?! That was the funniest thing I've read in ages. London for nap was close.

Good win tonight. Didnt see the game but seems like we played alright, if not great. Give me that sweet sweet macho Pea

Ugh if its not PL bullshit, it's dogcrap only the brits understand

Lets go make a new thread everybody else. All leagues and all nationalities get a fair shot at having a shit thread title

I found a video with Paulinho's little flick for Defoe's goal. Dembele is going to find himself out of the side soon.

goal34218okfq.gif

Lightning came up with such a great title and they didn't even use it :(

Wilbur

Banned
Ugh if its not PL bullshit, it's dogcrap only the brits understand

Lets go make a new thread everybody else. All leagues and all nationalities get a fair shot and having a shit thread title

Maybe you should try reading the thread, you put as little effort into that as you do watching your players

pls guys is isco our new right back to replace modric

Arnie asked if Lightning was going to have a kip

Lightning said what is kip

It's funny because he didnt understand

You stupid fuck

Suen

Damn Parma did some really nice goals today. Can see why Parolo became MOTM, that fucking second goal is an absolute stunner, what a build up, what a goal!. What a shame I missed this game, why can't we play like this in every game?

Parma 1-0 Atalanta (Mesbah)

Parma 2-1 Atalanta (Parolo)

Parma 4-1 Atalanta (Parolo)

pulga

Banned
Maybe you should try reading the thread, you put as little effort into that as you do watching your players

pls guys is isco our new right back to replace modric

Arnie asked if Lightning was going to have a kip

Lightning said what is kip

It's funny because he didnt understand

You stupid fuck

So whats a kip?

Wilbur

Banned
Sounds to me like its some british slang. Hence only understood by you pimples

Reported

You dumb cunt

If you're going to live in Europe Pulga you have to understand that everyone speaks English here

Even the Italians in Rome, when they order pizza they say it like English people do, they say pizza instead of using the Italian word for it

pulga

Banned
If you're going to live in Europe Pulga you have to understand that everyone speaks English here

Even the Italians in Rome, when they order pizza they say it like English people do, they say pizza instead of using the Italian word for it

how do the italians say chicken fumes

Suen

Do this in France pulga, especially in Paris. They'll love it. Here we learn british english at school but most of us end up speaking american english anyway, that means you guys suck. They should teach us Victorian era English, imagine how all the insults thrown in footy-GAF would be then.

Wilbur

Banned
how do the italians say chicken fumes

Something pollo I guess

Dunno what fumes is, reckon it's something quite similar. Fuma, fumi?

My English language teacher said today that Italians don't have words that end in consonants, is that true? Obviously different for things like Juventus because that's not a thing thing, but is that true? Maybe she didnt mean it as an absolute

pulga

Banned
Do this in France pulga, especially in Paris. They'll love it. Here we learn british english at school but most of us end up speaking american english anyway, that means you guys suck. They should teach us Victorian era English, imagine how all the insults thrown in footy-GAF would be then.

Im not going anywhere near those snooty surrender monkeys

Wilbur

Banned

British English is much better

Crisps > chips
Chips > fries
Rubbish > trash
Buggery > anal
Cunt > asshole
Wank > jerk
James Milner > Landon donovan

Wilbur

Banned
BB S5E8

Hoooooooooooooooooooly shit

Am I supposed to want Walter to get caught in the end?

Yeah man. He's a cunt. How fucking gorgeous were the two montages, cinematography and music choice wise? Especially the second one. Damn they're amazing scenes.

pulga

Banned
Something pollo I guess

Dunno what fumes is, reckon it's something quite similar. Fuma, fumi?

My English language teacher said today that Italians don't have words that end in consonants, is that true? Obviously different for things like Juventus because that's not a thing thing, but is that true? Maybe she didnt mean it as an absolute

I...think it might be? Im repeating some of the shit I know inside my head and they all end in vowels lol :eek:

Clegg

I want the same front four to start against West Brom. Play our strongest midfielders and defenders and we may have a decent side out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom