• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

bjaelke

Got my ff lineup fixed in the last second. Had 4 injuries on my team. International break
e5YuU.gif

Manager

We are always, always shit after international breaks. We also don't have either our first or second choice left backs.

Didn't you guys play Kolo and some other CB as right back a few weeks ago too? Low cover on full backs or unlucky with injuries?

L-R

Calum Chambers, Jake Sinclair, Luke Shaw, Harrison Reed, Jordan Turnball, James Ward-Prowse.

Thanks! I have no idea who the rest are. Anyone extra promising?

bjaelke

Confirmed #LFC team v @Everton: Mignolet, Johnson, Flanagan, Agger, Skrtel, Lucas, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Suarez

Confirmed #LFC subs v @Everton: Jones, Toure, Alberto, Moses, Sturridge, Sakho, Sterling

Allen and Lucas, but no Studge. We're going for a goalless draw.

LTWheels

Confirmed #LFC team v @Everton: Mignolet, Johnson, Flanagan, Agger, Skrtel, Lucas, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Suarez

Confirmed #LFC subs v @Everton: Jones, Toure, Alberto, Moses, Sturridge, Sakho, Sterling

Allen and Lucas, but no Studge. We're going for a goalless draw.

I think it's actually good that we have an extra man in midfield for these bigger games. Look what happened at Arsenal.

GorillaJu

Think he's got the right idea bringing in an Allen. 5 midfielders... not a bad idea.

LTWheels

Think he's got the right idea bringing in an Allen. 5 midfielders... not a bad idea.

I think it means that we can push up Henderson to harass Barry and pressure the back four, without the threat of being overrun in midfield.

It's the kind of line up I think we need for these kind of games where we are not going to completely dominate possession. When we are playing the rest of the table, we can have two up front with no worry of our midfield being overrun.

Why on earth would you buy 2 consoles without a single game that actually interests you? Imo its a bit twattish as well since someone who actually wanted a PS4 (maybe an Xbox One as well, not sure if they sold out) would have missed out

It's silly I agree, but lets not get into some fucking morale debate here. The other people who wanted one had just as much of a chance to pre order one, people buying them must have their reasons even if it's reasons you don't like... and so fucking what if someone has to wait a few months, it's just a new console,

L1NETT

Howard, Baines, Distin, Jagielka, Coleman, Barry, McCarthy, Pienaar, Barkley, Mirallas, Lukaku.

Gonna need Barkley and Lukaku to perform.

GorillaJu

Flanagan played that match too right? I remember you guys saying he had a pretty good game, right?

He didn't make any major mistakes vs Arsenal, which is good because it was a high pressure game and his biggest flaw is his tendency to let his nerves get the better of him.

I still don't fully trust him, but I think he has potential to be a good player still, and he's got to get minutes to get there.

Bumhead

Banned
Sky don't half overstate some of our Yorkshire derby games. There's about 4 or 5 teams closer to us and who are more about "local pride" than Huddersfield are, and same for Huddersfield.

Just about the points today. Although I expect Huddersfield to get them.

Manager

It's silly I agree, but lets not get into some fucking morale debate here. The other people who wanted one had just as much of a chance to pre order one, people buying them must have their reasons even if it's reasons you don't like... and so fucking what if someone has to wait a few months, it's just a new console,

It's incredibly ridiculous how the mainstream retail world (everyone outside of the people hanging on forums, so most people) works compared to what the gaming side believe. They treat these consoles like they something much more than just a piece of electronics and believe everone outside GAF does too, including kids and parents.

Meanwhile, in reality, you often have these events. Parents coming in asking wtf is PS3 or X360. I show, tell them PS3 is $100 cheaper than X360 with Kinect. They got for PS3, ofc. Then their kid sees the X360 with Kinect I've set up with Angry Birds, they play it for 10 seconds and then say "I want the Kinect!!". I show them Sports, too. Parents say "Well... it's only $100 extra". They buy the X360 with Kinect. Repeat for infinity.

You have 20-30 y/o's, wanting to play Fifa, COD and NHL. I show them the consoles, they don't give a shit about Kinect, and goes for the cheapest one, PS3. Nothing asked about the UI, OS, features, controller.

Most don't give a f about the brand (compared to any other electronic). The commercials presents them with Kinect but they only come in, asking "What is that Kinect I saw on TV?". They don't go to Gamespot, IGN, it's a jungle with information and few go through that. So, basically, they walk in to a store and buy a piece of electronics, just like with everything else. Nothing more. And most importantly, very very few get to hear about those so called "major events" gaming side wants to make of them.

I worked in the TV department too, I rarely saw any difference between how these groups bought their products. "What is HD?" is always asked for TVs and very few asks about 1080p. People don't know what LED is, except for what the commercials tell them.

spidye

Its fucking awesome, and I've only played Pokemon for 2 minutes :D

Currently doing the Game Sync stuff and exploring the menus

It's really worth it by now. It finally has enough great games that it's easily justifiable. Also, if you do, you might give Fire Emblem Awakening a try. It was my first Fire Emblem and blew me away.

I wanted to get it much sooner but the job is eating all my time. :(

bud

i sometimes venture into the official thread. after every officially released video or screenshot, there are people who say "holy fuck, this game looks incredible!"

... it doesn't even look better than gt6.

I didn't realise horoscopes were still a thing outside of papers on trains. People were calling up this woman on radio two asking stuff like should I get back together with my ex and should I quit my job. Like the BBC have actually paid this woman to come on and take these calls from people who want to consult the stars before they make major life decisions. And they're not doing it as a joke or anything.

Anyway, going to drive to KFC and get a boneless box /arnie

Pokemon makes my heart warm, I want to live in that universe :D

One of two franchise's that get away with being anime :p

When do I unlock the Mystery Gift option, and is there any point doing the Super Training?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Liverpool 3-1

I didn't realise horoscopes were still a thing outside of papers on trains. People were calling up this woman on radio two asking stuff like should I get back together with my ex and should I quit my job. Like the BBC have actually paid this woman to come on and take these calls from people who want to consult the stars before they make major life decisions. And they're not doing it as a joke or anything.

nevermind_nathan_fillion.gif

K1LLER7

Pokemon makes my heart warm, I want to live in that universe :D

One of two franchise's that get away with being anime :p

When do I unlock the Mystery Gift option, and is there any point doing the Super Training?
I didn't do the super training at all.

Finished it yesterday. One of the best pokemon games released. My Lucario is a beast.

Everton is the team that attacks most from the left. Flannagan is our right back. Welp...

Tough one for Rodgers

If he puts Johnson on the left, he's a very good leftback and Flanagan plays in his natural position. Plus, Baines could well exploit Johnson when he gets caught up the field. Its like having to choose between the better player, and the more defensive defender :p

Neither option is great. Cissokho must be embarassing himself in training

Shitting it.

Labadal

Tough one for Rodgers

If he puts Johnson on the left, he's a very good leftback and Flanagan plays in his natural position. Plus, Baines could well exploit Johnson when he gets caught up the field. Its like having to choose between the better player, and the more defensive defender :p

Neither option is great. Cissokho must be embarassing himself in training

Shitting it.

Is Sakho injured?

Top Bottom