• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

bud

Hd3YNoq.gif

arkon

Can't agree here. WW has the same problem that every 3D Zelda game has in that there's just too much open space and not enough variety of scenarios.

Not that every 2D Zelda is better than every 3D one, but I think the two best Zelda games are ALTTP and Link's Awakening. Wind Waker is probably my favorite 3D Zelda, followed by Ocarina and Twilight Princess. Haven't played Skyward Sword and despite owning them all, I haven't played any of the DS Zelda's (like Spirit Tracks).

What do you mean by variety of scenarios? And how do the 2d games handle that better?

Also, I want to move in with Zabo.

GorillaJu

What do you mean by variety of scenarios? And how do the 2d games handle that better?

Also, I want to move in with Zabo.

Since you can't reliably be completely accurate in 3d, you need items and the lock-on system to take care of that for you. Every fight feels similar because you need to use the same systems all the time. I think the 3d Zeldas are good games, but the 2d ones are more fun to play because of this.

arkon

Since you can't reliably be completely accurate in 3d, you need items and the lock-on system to take care of that for you. Every fight feels similar because you need to use the same systems all the time. I think the 3d Zeldas are good games, but the 2d ones are more fun to play because of this.

I don't get how that's any different to the 2d games.

Every fight feels similar in the 2d games.

FootballFan

So what you are saying is, 2D>3D ?

So... 2DS > 3DS.

I knew it, made the right choice. 2DS bros unite.

GorillaJu

I don't get how that's any different to the 2d games.

Every fight feels similar in the 2d games.

2d fights vary in the amount of precision required, which is something completely absent when you have a lock-on system. It also allows for much faster movement and actions aren't inhibited by animations.

Salazar

Jobseeker futbolGAF

I know the name of the person I'm writing to. I am confident that I know their position (not an HR drone). I do not know her marital status. I do not want to be inappropriately intimate or impersonal.

Dear (the position I'm pretty sure they hold) ?

Edit: Fuck it. Done. Went personal.

Lightning

Banned
They need some Cairns, McCullum, Astle and that middle-aged-and-slightly-vision-impaired-women's crumpet D. Vettori.
With the amount I detest New Zealand sport I wished those players woe in every game they played. Cairns was the most inconsistent player, McCullum is crap, Astle was good sometimes but another inconsistent monkey and Vettori was decent without excelling in any great way.

I still remember all the hype surrounding Stephen Fleming here where they even said he would get into the Australian team over Mark Waugh. That shit was really funny.

Fellaini should start tomorrow. He's suspended for the CL match so it's an easy choice. United only have Giggs, Fellaini, Anderson, and Clev to choose from. I don't think Giggs should play 2 games in 4 days.

ando0cxo.gif

The Telegraph interview (actually a decent read) makes him sound dead keen for the league game.

Might find out if Clev and Fellaini are getting any more drift compatible.

Yeah I read that. Maybe he can do it because of the international break. We'll see.

“Paolo Montero and Ciro Ferrara of Juventus were the toughest defenders I played against. It was: ‘The ball might go past us but you’re not’. It was old school. I remember at Old Trafford once, starting out on the right, cutting in, beating two Juventus players and I could see Montero. I cut inside him and he just lifted his leg up and I went flying. I looked up and he was just jogging back. It was nothing to him. I don’t think he even got booked.

“That Juventus side of Alen Boksic and Alessandro Del Piero were like us, powerful and quick. I loved going toe to toe with them. They weren’t into a slow build-up. They were such a ‘British’ side really, and you’re probably seeing an emergence of that now with Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund - power and skill as well.

“The top players – Messi, Ronaldo - ride the tackles. We are seeing it here with [Adnan] Januzaj. He’s slightly built, but he can ride tackles. He has that potential to be a top player. You don’t want to get too excited over him but he’s grounded and he’s at the right club."

Just look at him ride this train wreck of a face snarling at him.

ibcZNLk1tjfMWc.gif

1385112108_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

A footballer, a bone marrow donor, a legend.

Ronnie

Really?

Common Side Effects

Most bone marrow donors experience some general side effects but can usually go home within a day of their surgery, according to the National Marrow Donor Program. General side effects, which rarely require emergency medical intervention, include fatigue, lower back pain and stiffness while walking. Pain and stiffness can last anywhere from several days to a few weeks.

Did he do that in the off-season? Can't imagine his contract would let him do that when the season is in full swing :p

What a tit

Why on earth would you buy 2 consoles without a single game that actually interests you? Imo its a bit twattish as well since someone who actually wanted a PS4 (maybe an Xbox One as well, not sure if they sold out) would have missed out

spidye

I got the ps4 controller, fifa and assassin's creed but not the console itself :(

damn you sony. why do you hate europe so much

Jesus, this AR stuff is weird. Bit annoying that the AR extras and Mii Plaza is walled behind Streetpasses. Should at least let me see the Friend's Miis in the Plaza, and earn some coins in another way than Streetpasses. Don't think I've ever even seen a 3DS i the wild tbh

Gambit

I've now spent half an hour with A Link between Worlds and am left wondering:

Is this the best game or the bestest?

Man, I'm enjoying myself like it's 1992.

Makes me wish for a top-down renaissance. Story of Thor, Alundra, Secret of Mana, bring them back!

Clegg

Coentrao has signed a contract extension with Madrid. He's there until 2018.

Means we won't be signing him. Thank fuck.

spidye

I've now spent half an hour with A Link between Worlds and am left wondering:

Is this the best game or the bestest?

Man, I'm enjoying myself like it's 1992.

Makes me wish for a top-down renaissance. Story of Thor, Alundra, Secret of Mana, bring them back!

I have to get the 3ds

pokemon, mario and zelda are all there and I'm missing out the fun

Gambit

I have to get the 3ds

pokemon, mario and zelda are all there and I'm missing out the fun

It's really worth it by now. It finally has enough great games that it's easily justifiable. Also, if you do, you might give Fire Emblem Awakening a try. It was my first Fire Emblem and blew me away.

Top Bottom