• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

GorillaJu

Fuck's sake. I feel a little better after Sturridge equalized, but I'm still livid over the officiating. Just complete shit.

Allen

428674-004.jpg

bjaelke

Okay, I'll happily take the point. Everton was the better team today. Could easily have ended 5-4 in their favour. Poor defensive display on set pieces. Flanagan and Mignolet stand out on our team.

Fry

Best match of the season. Could be top of the league, but this is a good result still. Tough fucking match there.

Maybe I was wrong about Flanagan. Solid enough to be a decent backup over the last 2 games.

That Allen miss killed us for a good 20 minutes. Fucking overpriced crab

GorillaJu

Allen was great until his miss.

A - Suarez, Mignolet, Sturridge

B - Flanagan, Allen, Lucas, Skrtel

C - Gerrard, Coutinho, Johnson, Henderson, Agger, Moses

Walshy

Maybe I was wrong about Flanagan. Solid enough to be a decent backup over the last 2 games.

That Allen miss killed us for a good 20 minutes. Fucking overpriced crab
I take back most of what I said the other day, he was our best defender along with Skrtel.

How Agger starts over Sahko is beyond me.

Overall, it's a good result. Everton have some record at home. Just got to win our next four.

Wilbur

Banned
Great game btw, but I must say, the defending was as bad as La Liga.

All six goals from set-pieces.

Think Brendan got it wrong today leaving Sakho out. Then Baines going off, Rodgers looking for a winner and taking Lucas off... didn't really contribute to good defending lol

Fuck it. Immensely entertaining. That's what I love <3

Vard

Great game, decent result. If only Allen killed the game off or passed to Suarez to do the dirty work and make it 3-1 when the chance arose...

Looking forward to seeing the other teams also drop some points though.

Arnie

Ah that was a good match.

Everton played well. Love Sturridge. Was in the bog holding my nob when he scored and I started slamming the wall with my spare hand.

Good result as Goodison, but it feels gutting after Allen and Suarez's misses. How good was Mignolet.

elseanio

Happy with a point. Still shocking that Mirallas didn't get a red, after all the time Dowd game himself. He also looked offside for their 2nd goal, as the shot from outside the box came in.

GorillaJu

I take back most of what I said the other day, he was our best defender along with Skrtel.

How Agger starts over Sahko is beyond me.

Overall, it's a good result. Everton have some record at home. Just got to win our next four.

It's a fair result but you always want to win these, don't you.

A year and a half ago Rodwell was sent off for a joke of a challenge on Suarez. This time, Mirallas, the mangle-toothed cunt, made a horror challenge and stayed on, wasn't sent off for elbowing Henderson in the face.

I guess you win some you lose some.

I agree, Sakho deserves his chance.

LTWheels

That game highlighted our biggest problem, our midfield. No control, no pace and sloppy passing. So many times this during the we saw Everton players sprinting at our back four. Put way too much pressure on our back four.

Our attacking game was non existent in the 2nd half until due to Everton's subs, Coutinho was able to drift in to the centre.

Surprised Sakho did not start. He would have been a great match for Everton threat from the air and physical game. He is our biggest fullback and best header.

Flanagan is a decent defender and had a surprisingly good pass; pretty accurate as well. Only problem is that he had no pace or attacking game. He can't overlap Coutinho. Thus Coutinho has to stay outwide where he is ineffective. Also means defenders can double up on him.

Should have fucking 11-10.

Need to spend big on a top midfielder in January.

Splatt

K.O. Timmy

http://25.media.tumblr.com/08d348900e1f2e282e9a5056b9285cf1/tumblr_mlsbva5yTL1r8s2v0o1_500.gif[/img

alright nice retort

[img]http://www.picgifs.com/games-gifs/games-gifs/metal-gear-rising-revengeance/picgifs-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-562854.gif[/img[/QUOTE]

Yurt, any info on release date for Revengeance?

Salvadora

#Arsenal team to play Southampton: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil, Cazorla, Giroud #AFCvSFC

No surprises there.

GorillaJu

That game highlighted our biggest problem, our midfield. No control, no pace and sloppy passing. So many times this during the we saw Everton players sprinting at our back four. Put way too much pressure on our back four.

Our attacking game was non existent in the 2nd half until due to Everton's subs, Coutinho was able to drift in to the centre.

Surprised Sakho did not start. He would have been a great match for Everton threat from the air and physical game. He is our biggest fullback and best header.

Flanagan is a decent defender and had a surprisingly good pass; pretty accurate as well. Only problem is that he had no pace or attacking game. He can't overlap Coutinho. Thus Coutinho has to stay outwide where he is ineffective. Also means defenders can double up on him.

Should have fucking 11-10.

Need to spend big on a top midfielder in January.

We had one person in midfield who couldn't handle the tempo: Gerrard. Everyone else was fine.

Allen was great until his miss.

A - Suarez, Mignolet, Sturridge

B - Flanagan, Allen, Lucas, Skrtel

C - Gerrard, Coutinho, Johnson, Henderson, Agger, Moses

I'd put Allen in the C list, not impressed at all personally. Flanagan would be in the A list but he was too easily dribbled past a couple of times. We need to do some coaching on Mignolet's kicking

Thought taking Lucas off instead of Coutinho for Sturridge was a poor decision btw, but it worked, even if Coutinho wasn't involved in the goal. That Moses header was dreadful, glance it you twat.

Top Bottom