• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Lukaku awarded MOTM.

CrB2XtH.jpg

LTWheels

We had one person in midfield who couldn't handle the tempo: Gerrard. Everyone else was fine.

I know. And it drags the rest of our midfield down in these big games. Too many misspasses, no speed to get himself back into position or best his man for a 50-50.

Despite how bad he plays, his free kick taking still remains amazing.

I just wish he was not 'undroppable' so we use him more intelligently.

Wilbur

Banned
Alright gonna watch the first 15 of Newcastle - Norwich to see if I can spot my mummy, then will switch to Arsenal - Saints when it starts.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I have to admit, I thought the whole "I can't wait until real football starts again" during the international break was just sour grapes because the English NT is shitty and boring but man it feels like real football started again.

Gonna stream Arsenal on my phone and watch Barca on tv.

That's also another sign Arsenal are legit as fuck this season. I go out of my way to watch their games even though I don't support nor hate them.

GorillaJu

I have to admit, I thought the whole "I can't wait until real football starts again" during the international break was just sour grapes because the English NT is shitty and boring but man it feels like real football started again.

Gonna stream Arsenal on my phone and watch Barca on tv.

That's also another sign Arsenal are legit as fuck this season. I go out of my way to watch their games even though I don't support nor hate them.

I always do this with the team on top of the table. I want to see them lose.

elseanio

Cissokho as well for me, of the players expected to play 10+ games a season. Moses is inching towards the tipping point.

I don't care about Cissokho and Moses as they aint Liverpool players. I'd rather Flanno LB than Cissokho, and I would rather Sterling came on today instead of Moses. Really think we have some talented youngsters, we don't need to be giving game time to loans.

Salazar

look like I missed a good derby

Joe Allen is going to try to self-harm when he gets home, but his puny fucking arms won't be up to it.

Tim Howard is a div for that Suarez fk. And Pienaar should have been in the wall, ffs.

Also, I thought Deulofeu was a finisher.

GorillaJu

I know. And it drags the rest of our midfield down in these big games. Too many misspasses, no speed to get himself back into position or best his man for a 50-50.

Despite how bad he plays, his free kick taking still remains amazing.

I just wish he was not 'undroppable' so we use him more intelligently.

I agree.. but his set pieces have been vital for us, and despite his inability to keep up with the game, his presence just seems to be really important for us.

Our biggest issue is that we don't have anyone with his quality who could come in his place. Like I mentioned earlier, I think Cabaye could be that player. Will Hughes could be that player in 2 years, if we buy nab him.

If one of your two strengths is passing it 10 yards , how the fuck can you not be able to pass it from that distance with a 2 yard room for error. If you're Welsh and you're not either Aaron Ramsey or Gareth Bale, you shouldn't be playing football.

@Odd, Rossiter bruv :p

FootballFan

-Pedro----Neymar----Alexis-
---------------------------------------
-Iniesta---Octopus---Cesc---
----------------------------------------
Adriano-PK-Bartra-Montoya
----------------------------------------
-------------Pinto

GorillaJu

If one of your two strengths is passing it 10 yards , how the fuck can you not be able to pass it from that distance with a 2 yard room for error. If you're Welsh and you're not either Aaron Ramsey or Gareth Bale, you shouldn't be playing football.

@Odd, Rossiter bruv :p

Because he obviously doesn't fully believe in himself. School boys can score goals like that. It's not about ability.

Rossiter is still like 16!

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I always do this with the team on top of the table. I want to see them lose.
I have to make an effort to watch the EPL live because 1)I'm in the States 2)I fall sleep when the games are on because I work at night. Ain't no way in hell I'm awake for say, Arsenal vs West Ham. But today's a good one.

Because he obviously doesn't fully believe in himself. School boys can score goals like that. It's not about ability.

Rossiter is still like 16!

I know but he had so much time, its dumbfounding that he missed regardless of confidence. There's the post, there's the keeper, boom, job done. How can he miss, sir?

And if you're good enough you're old enough :p

Get relegated Norwich. Nothing team

GorillaJu

I know but he had so much time, its dumbfounding that he missed regardless of confidence. There's the post, there's the keeper, boom, job done. How can he miss, sir?

And if you're good enough you're old enough :p

It was a terrible miss, but throughout the game his positional sense was excellent, he got the ball out of pressured situations, he must have hit 95% of his passes because I didn't see him misplace it once. He did his job very well.

Salazar

Rio Ferdinand ‏@rioferdy5 30m
Ross Barkley gliding through midfield beating players with the ball & threading balls through for strikers is great to see #EnglishTalent

Leave it

More tweets about Ravel pls

LTWheels

I agree.. but his set pieces have been vital for us, and despite his inability to keep up with the game, his presence just seems to be really important for us.

Our biggest issue is that we don't have anyone with his quality who could come in his place. Like I mentioned earlier, I think Cabaye could be that player. Will Hughes could be that player in 2 years, if we buy nab him.

I would rather push Gerrard as far forward as possible, in the acm position and make him play 60mins at 100%. Rather than how he conserves himself to endure he lasts the whole 90. Get him as far forward as possible with no defensive responsibilities. Would also help him stop fucking small passes when playing deep.

We definitely need a big money signing for our midfield this January who can make an instant impact. The only problem is that I doubt we have the money to sign Hughes in the same window meaning we will miss out on him. We need a midfielder who can make an instant impact if we want to keep challenging for top 4.

Top Bottom